does Obama love America or .. not?

He says good things about america all the time, but you've chosen not to hear them. You've made up your mind he doesn't like america, so anything positive he says, you've already made up your mind is a lie.

And now a quote to get you started.

"If criticizing something the American government did means you're aren't a patriot, then the Republican Party is the most anti-American organization in the world today."

And now a quote from the man himself

"I believe this because over and over in my six years in office, I have seen America at its best. I've seen the hopeful faces of young graduates from New York to California, and our newest officers at West Point, Annapolis, Colorado Springs, New London. I've mourned with grieving families in Tucson and Newtown, in Boston, in West Texas, and West Virginia. I've watched Americans beat back adversity from the Gulf Coast to the Great Plains, from Midwest assembly lines to the Mid-Atlantic seaboard. I've seen something like gay marriage go from a wedge issue used to drive us apart to a story of freedom across our country, a civil right now legal in states that seven in 10 Americans call home.

So I know the good, and optimistic, and big-hearted generosity of the American people who every day live the idea that we are our brother's keeper and our sister's keeper. And I know they expect those of us who serve here to set a better example."

And here's a quote that I'm adding because in it he says the exact opposite of what you guys are always accusing him of. He doesn't believe it's the government's job to take care of everything.

"Now, these ideas won’t make everybody rich, won’t relieve every hardship. That’s not the job of government. To give working families a fair shot, we still need more employers to see beyond next quarter’s earnings and recognize that investing in their workforce is in their company’s long-term interest. We still need laws that strengthen rather than weaken unions, and give American workers a voice

And here's one where he admits he isn't (GASP!) perfect.

Over the past six years, the pundits have pointed out more than once that my presidency hasn’t delivered on this vision. How ironic, they say, that our politics seems more divided than ever. It’s held up as proof not just of my own flaws -- of which there are many -- but also as proof that the vision itself is misguided, naïve, that there are too many people in this town who actually benefit from partisanship and gridlock for us to ever do anything about it."

This sounds like what happens on this board.

"So the question for those of us here tonight is how we, all of us, can better reflect America’s hopes. I’ve served in Congress with many of you. I know many of you well. There are a lot of good people here, on both sides of the aisle. And many of you have told me that this isn’t what you signed up for -- arguing past each other on cable shows, the constant fundraising, always looking over your shoulder at how the base will react to every decision."

"If we’re going to have arguments, let’s have arguments, but let’s make them debates worthy of this body and worthy of this country. We still may not agree on a woman’s right to choose, but surely we can agree it’s a good thing that teen pregnancies and abortions are nearing all-time lows, and that every woman should have access to the health care that she needs."

"Thank you. God bless you. God bless this country we love."

From his own mouth, he loves it. Case closed.

And a little video

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/must-see-...loves-america/
He says good things about america all the time, but you've chosen not to hear them. You've made up your mind he doesn't like america, so anything positive he says, you've already made up your mind is a lie.

"If criticizing something the American government did means you're aren't a patriot, then the Republican Party is the most anti-American organization in the world today."

"I believe this because over and over in my six years in office, I have seen America at its best. I've seen the hopeful faces of young graduates from New York to California, and our newest officers at West Point, Annapolis, Colorado Springs, New London. I've mourned with grieving families in Tucson and Newtown, in Boston, in West Texas, and West Virginia. I've watched Americans beat back adversity from the Gulf Coast to the Great Plains, from Midwest assembly lines to the Mid-Atlantic seaboard. I've seen something like gay marriage go from a wedge issue used to drive us apart to a story of freedom across our country, a civil right now legal in states that seven in 10 Americans call home.

So I know the good, and optimistic, and big-hearted generosity of the American people who every day live the idea that we are our brother's keeper and our sister's keeper. And I know they expect those of us who serve here to set a better example."

And here's a quote that I'm adding because in it he says the exact opposite of what you guys are always accusing him of. He doesn't believe it's the government's job to take care of everything.

"Now, these ideas won’t make everybody rich, won’t relieve every hardship. That’s not the job of government. To give working families a fair shot, we still need more employers to see beyond next quarter’s earnings and recognize that investing in their workforce is in their company’s long-term interest. We still need laws that strengthen rather than weaken unions, and give American workers a voice

Over the past six years, the pundits have pointed out more than once that my presidency hasn’t delivered on this vision. How ironic, they say, that our politics seems more divided than ever. It’s held up as proof not just of my own flaws -- of which there are many -- but also as proof that the vision itself is misguided, naïve, that there are too many people in this town who actually benefit from partisanship and gridlock for us to ever do anything about it."

"So the question for those of us here tonight is how we, all of us, can better reflect America’s hopes. I’ve served in Congress with many of you. I know many of you well. There are a lot of good people here, on both sides of the aisle. And many of you have told me that this isn’t what you signed up for -- arguing past each other on cable shows, the constant fundraising, always looking over your shoulder at how the base will react to every decision."

"If we’re going to have arguments, let’s have arguments, but let’s make them debates worthy of this body and worthy of this country. We still may not agree on a woman’s right to choose, but surely we can agree it’s a good thing that teen pregnancies and abortions are nearing all-time lows, and that every woman should have access to the health care that she needs."

And a little video

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/must-see-...loves-america/ Originally Posted by UnderConstruction

Not a smidgen of Islam...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtwdGUXliV8

And a little video

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/must-see-...loves-america/ Originally Posted by UnderConstruction
Brother UnderConstr. you are all over the place with this one.
Since when do republicans have a record of poor mouthing America ? I dont see it friend.
I admit you have come up with an example as I asked Yssup to do, but I asked for one instance where he presented America in a positive light to OTHERS. That would mean others outside our borders. That would require something quite unlike his apology tour. Crazy thing is that several years after the apology tour it comes out that he ends up spying on most all these same European countries, our allies infact.

I admit it is good to see anything he says positive about our nation and thanks for sharing that with us here. However it is a message that is far to uncommon. You must admit that he is quoted most often and notably while talking down to Americans. Whether it be the cops, christians, gun owners, conservative groups and so forth.
Have a nice eve.
Those words were all from the same speech; the state of the Union this year. I'm pretty sure others saw it. Whenever the president speaks, you can be assured it's heard outside this country. Pointing out our faults and shortcomings isn't taking down to people. He's being honest about our past and things we could be doing better as a country. There are always things we could be doing better. One thing we need to get past is that he doesn't hate America. He's not part of some insidious plot to take down America. He simply has a different idea on how to get where we'd like to be.
Brother UnderConstr. you are all over the place with this one.
Since when do republicans have a record of poor mouthing America ? I dont see it friend.
I admit you have come up with an example as I asked Yssup to do, but I asked for one instance where he presented America in a positive light to OTHERS. That would mean others outside our borders. That would require something quite unlike his apology tour. Crazy thing is that several years after the apology tour it comes out that he ends up spying on most all these same European countries, our allies infact.

I admit it is good to see anything he says positive about our nation and thanks for sharing that with us here. However it is a message that is far to uncommon. You must admit that he is quoted most often and notably while talking down to Americans. Whether it be the cops, christians, gun owners, conservative groups and so forth.
Have a nice eve. Originally Posted by rioseco
You are a fucking imbecile.

Didn't even have to search for this one, dipshit.

http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/o...9897bbd82.html

Please read this and report back to the class.

Why should he love anyone that despises him and everything he stands for? You don't. I can certainly love America and not have to love every whacked out weirdo in it. Originally Posted by UnderConstruction
It's not about loving the people in any particular sense. So right there you missed the actual point. It's about loving the Country for the principals for which it stands. I can say I love America for the freedoms and liberty that were handed down to each generation by our Constitution. The fact that we our given Due Process by the letter of the law that we are innocent until proven guilty, and free from unlawful searches and seizures The opportunities in this country are open to anyone who has the desires and ambition to achieve their personal goals. Now the people of any country are the heart and sole of that country, but the heart and sole can't survive the tests of time if it's principals and traditions can't survive along with it. So when I hear a President make a statement like " Transform America" such as Obama made, I have a bit of a problem with that, cause I am not real sure what that is suppose to ultimately mean.

Jim

And a little video

From the mouth of a Liar comes nothing but lies.

http://www.wnd.com/2015/02/gallup-ce...obama-big-lie/

You'll just love this one .. and there is NO spin you can put on this. NONE.
as noted below Obama claims his Uncle helped liberate Auschwitz. The Soviet Army did. so ... is this a Freudian slip proving Obama is a Communist? he must be since his Uncle would have been a member of the Soviet Army for this to be true.

A tribute to the liar and his real history.

So. GO AHEAD AND SAY HE'S NOT A LAIR. just try
You are a fucking imbecile.

Didn't even have to search for this one, dipshit.

http://www.pressofatlanticcity.com/o...9897bbd82.html

Please read this and report back to the class.

Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
I would feel extremely slimey if you approve of anything I said.
From the mouth of a Liar comes nothing but lies.

http://www.wnd.com/2015/02/gallup-ce...obama-big-lie/

You'll just love this one .. and there is NO spin you can put on this. NONE.
as noted below Obama claims his Uncle helped liberate Auschwitz. The Soviet Army did. so ... is this a Freudian slip proving Obama is a Communist? he must be since his Uncle would have been a member of the Soviet Army for this to be true.

A tribute to the liar and his real history.

So. GO AHEAD AND SAY HE'S NOT A LAIR. just try Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
He's not a liar. He later corrected it to Buchenwald. If you've never misspoken in your life, you'd be the first person ever.
He's not a liar. He later corrected it to Buchenwald. If you've never misspoken in your life, you'd be the first person ever. Originally Posted by UnderConstruction
notice how Obama speaks, either he's the worst political orator of all time in a job that demands it or it's clear he deliberately has to pause himself to keep from screwing up and sticking his foot in his mouth and say what he really believes. one of the best ways to call out a lair is to make him repeat his story backwards. Why? because it contradicts what the lair knows to be the truth. it's nearly impossible to do. And why to you think people joke about Obama as "President teleprompter" ?

I mean .. good grief !!! couldn't the Socialist Left even find a good speaker as their straw-man puppet?? i guess not.

He's not a liar. He later corrected it to Buchenwald. If you've never misspoken in your life, you'd be the first person ever. Originally Posted by UnderConstruction
This president has a rather large legacy of "misspeaking" building up.
Just a few............
Most transparent administration ever........
That would be crossing a line.......
Not a smigeon of corruption..........
You can keep your doctor..............
I didnt draw the line, congress did
The attack was theresult of an anti-islamic video (Benghazi)

and still two years to go,
Just a few............

. Originally Posted by rioseco
Don't misunderestimate me
Just a few............

. Originally Posted by rioseco
Don't misunderestimate me

I got to keep my doctor. He didn't lie to me.

And arts you honestly surprised that politician lies? Next thing you'll be telling me you're surprised water is wet.
Don't misunderestimate me Originally Posted by UnderConstruction
Yeah there are a lot of Bushisms but "misunderestimate me" is not a lie.
I like Bushisms. They are really stupid missteps but funny.
  • DSK
  • 03-03-2015, 09:47 PM
It would seem like the gotcha game would get old eventually. If the President corrected his mistake, people should accept it and move on down the road.