"THEY AREN'T TERRORISTS" THEY ARE FREEDOM FIGHTERS (OR WHATEVER)....

Please clarify your statement... Originally Posted by Wakeup

Sure, when the Soviets invaded Afghanistan in 1979- the afghan rebels who fought for 10 years against the soviets were the Muhajideen or "freedom fighters". The U.S at that time thought that the Soviets controlling afghanistan could balance the middle east power to their(soviets) side. The soviets established a govt that was controlled by the Northern Alliance. Although, Afghanistan is a relatively poor nation- it has untapped resources- many thought the soviets wanted to created an oil pipeline to run through afghanistan.
Anyways, the Muhajideen had tons of support from the U.S- keep in mind OBL was a Mihajideen fighter. The Soviets eventually left in 1989, the Muhajideen eventually took control over 90% of Afghanistan and they established what they deemed as the "most pure form of Islam"- which obvious was a very strict govt. Since OBL was a former Muhajideen fighter he was seen as a guest to the country by the Taliban. The ousted govt became the Northern alliance- who we would eventually side with to over throw the Taliban.
So to some it up- the U.S supported the Taliban to overthrow the soviet back Northern Aliiance regime and then in 2001 the U.S supported the Northern Alliance to overthrow the Taliban regime. It's quite obvious the U.S has an agenda and will support any govt- regardless of how ruthless they are if it fits the U.S agenda.
Did the U.S not support Iraq- against Iran? We supported the same Saddam that gassed his own people during his war with Iran- the funny thing we continued to ar, Iraq even after Saddam gassed his people- that just let you know how the U.S agenda works.
Fuck yes there is...
You want them to take over?
You don't need those motherfuckers in the USA. Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer
I could care less if a Temple, Mosque, Church, or Synagogue pops up on every corner. Wait a minute- I thought this country had freedom of religion???? Jewish Lawyer you have some fucking nerve to make a statement because of the course of the 40 plus years I been on this earth- I have seen Synagogues vandalized because some idiot didn't want any jews in his town= and trust me anti-semitism still exist today and you as a jew living in America have something to say about Mosque being built? Trust me JL- there are a lot of people who don't trust Jews and don't want them around- you should feel ashamed.

To IB, gnad, Whirlaway, Lexus and others- make up your mind-what kind of America do you want- because I could have sworn the constitution whom you GOP and TEA party supporters swear to uphold- guarantees FREEDOM OF RELIGION.
I Apologize if I am wrong, but I never knew there was a limit of how many mosque that can be built in a given city.
I could care less if a Temple, Mosque, Church, or Synagogue pops up on every corner. Wait a minute- I thought this country had freedom of religion???? Jewish Lawyer you have some fucking nerve to make a statement because of the course of the 40 plus years I been on this earth- I have seen Synagogues vandalized because some idiot didn't want any jews in his town= and trust me anti-semitism still exist today and you as a jew living in America have something to say about Mosque being built? Trust me JL- there are a lot of people who don't trust Jews and don't want them around- you should feel ashamed.

To IB, gnad, Whirlaway, Lexus and others- make up your mind-what kind of America do you want- because I could have sworn the constitution whom you GOP and TEA party supporters swear to uphold- guarantees FREEDOM OF RELIGION.
I Apologize if I am wrong, but I never knew there was a limit of how many mosque that can be built in a given city.
Originally Posted by wellendowed1911
While I can agree with a lot of what you have stated, until the Taliban denounces radical Islam, terrorism and the acts of terrorist groups such as ISIS then I still have to refer to them as the same group who supported and aided Bin Laden so therefore in my mind they are still a terrorist group.

Is this is where you start quoting from a atheist site?

I Apologize if I am wrong, but I never knew there was a limit of how many mosque that can be built in a given city. Originally Posted by wellendowed1911
The only people who swear to uphold the Constitution (capitalized) are elected officials. The military swears to protect it. So you're wrong in what you wrote and freedom of religion is not a suicide pact (Ben Franklin). Do think that a Bund Hall would have been appropriate in Cleveland in 1943? A mosque is a building and in many communities it has to have the approval of the city council of some regulatory body. If the wishes of the majority say NO to such a building isn't that what the Constitution is all about. This does not take away the rights of the individual to believe in what they believe (radical islam, racism, nazism, whatever) but the majority can say we don't want your edifice in our town.
The Taliban are not terrorist. Originally Posted by wellendowed1911
You've been substantively disabused of your fatuous notions time and time again, WE; yet, you persist in the face of facts. Your Odumbo WH has already conceded that the Taliban has been designated a "terrorist organization." Odumbo's people are only embarrassing themselves when they try to backtrack and deny what they've already conceded.

White House: Yes, The Taliban Is a Terrorist Organization
June 4, 2014 By JOHN PARKINSON and LEE FERRAN via GOOD MORNING AMERICA

Tuesday [June 2014] White House National Security Council spokesperson Caitlin Hayden noted that the Taliban was added to the list of Specially Designated Global Terrorists (SDGT) by executive order in July 2002, even if it is not listed as a Foreign Terrorist Organization (FTO) by the State Department. Either designation triggers asset freezes, according to the State Department, though they can differ on other restrictions imposed on the target organization. The Treasury Department told ABC News the Taliban is still on their SDGT list.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/white...ry?id=23981888

Furthermore, WE, Odumbo, et al, released Latif Mehsud, a senior Pakistani Taliban leader for the TPP, under very dubious circumstances in December 2014. The TTP (Tehrik-e Taliban Pakistan) was designated a "terrorist organization" by Odumbo's State Department in 2010. As a reminder, WE, it was the TPP that killed 145, including 132 children, in an attack on a school in December: just one week after Mehsud was repatriated.

You are confusing buildings with doctrine, WE. A large, black rock is the holiest relic in Islam, and Muhammad had his visions in a cave: so much for the importance of "buildings", WE.
The only people who swear to uphold the Constitution (capitalized) are elected officials. The military swears to protect it. So you're wrong in what you wrote and freedom of religion is not a suicide pact (Ben Franklin). Do think that a Bund Hall would have been appropriate in Cleveland in 1943? A mosque is a building and in many communities it has to have the approval of the city council of some regulatory body. If the wishes of the majority say NO to such a building isn't that what the Constitution is all about. This does not take away the rights of the individual to believe in what they believe (radical islam, racism, nazism, whatever) but the majority can say we don't want your edifice in our town. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Uh, no. Are you really this misinformed? The Constitution says nothing about majority rule in a case like this. In fact, WE is right. If they own the land, and if it complies with zoning, they can build a Mosque. THE GOVERNMENT CANNOT STOP THEM! You are typical of a conservative. You believe in freedom for those who agree with you, but no one else.
I could care less if a Temple, Mosque, Church, or Synagogue pops up on every corner. Wait a minute- I thought this country had freedom of religion???? Jewish Lawyer you have some fucking nerve to make a statement because of the course of the 40 plus years I been on this earth- I have seen Synagogues vandalized because some idiot didn't want any jews in his town= and trust me anti-semitism still exist today and you as a jew living in America have something to say about Mosque being built? Trust me JL- there are a lot of people who don't trust Jews and don't want them around- you should feel ashamed. [I don't feel ashamed. A few misguided losers who hate Jewish people aren't the real issue. Jewish people aren't out to destroy America. Muslim radicals are]

Your points have some validity for the past, but you need to look to the future. They want to slowly invade and destroy your country from the inside. They couldn't attack it in a conventional manner and win. All they need to do is blend in with the peaceful Muslims who secretly agree with their ultimate aim, and once they get to the numbers they have in France, they can start their attacks. The problem is that while they start their infiltration, they look harmless, and the people opposing them look like alarmists. Once they get a foothold, you can't root them out. So why should anymore Muslims be allowed to immigrate to your country? They don't assimilate real well, and they want to destroy you. What is the benefit of Muslims coming to the US?
Uh, no. Are you really this misinformed? The Constitution says nothing about majority rule in a case like this. In fact, WE is right. If they own the land, and if it complies with zoning, they can build a Mosque. THE GOVERNMENT CANNOT STOP THEM! You are typical of a conservative. You believe in freedom for those who agree with you, but no one else. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
I don't believe in freedom for those who want to kill me, and actively plan to do so, or secretly cheer on those that do. We are at war with radical Islam, and in wartime emergencies, the enemy and his sympathizers must be contained, and their "rights" restricted.
I hate to do it, but it is realistic and needed.
Sure, when the Soviets invaded Afghanistan in 1979- the afghan rebels who fought for 10 years against the soviets were the Muhajideen or "freedom fighters". The U.S at that time thought that the Soviets controlling afghanistan could balance the middle east power to their(soviets) side. The soviets established a govt that was controlled by the Northern Alliance....

Anyways, the Muhajideen had tons of support from the U.S- keep in mind OBL was a Mihajideen fighter. The Soviets eventually left in 1989, the Muhajideen eventually took control over 90% of Afghanistan and....The ousted govt became the Northern alliance- who we would eventually side with to over throw the Taliban.

So to some (sic) it up- the U.S supported the Taliban to overthrow the soviet back (sic) Northern Aliiance regime and then in 2001 the U.S supported the Northern Alliance to overthrow the Taliban regime. It's quite obvious the U.S has an agenda and will support any govt- regardless of how ruthless they are if it fits the U.S agenda. Originally Posted by wellendowed1911
Ok, as usual Limpdick is completely full of shit. He makes up his history on the fly. The Soviet-established Afghan government (1979-1989) was not "controlled by the Northern Alliance". In fact, the Northern Alliance didn't even exist until 1996. It was formed by mujahedeen factions who had fought AGAINST the Soviets but also opposed the taliban regime when it seized Kabul in 1996. The main leader of the Northern Alliance was Ahmad Shah Mahsoud, who was assassinated by al queda two days prior to 9/11. Not only was Mahsoud not part of the 1979-89 Soviet regime as Limpdick stupidly claims, he was well-known as an anti-Soviet resistance fighter earning the nickname "Lion of Panjshir". So Limpdick's account of the US being two-faced and duplicitous - first opposing the Northern Alliance, then supporting it - is TOTALLY FALSE.

Just for the record, Limpdick's posts in this thread and others are chock-full of nonsense and lies that he makes up just because they fit his libtarded world view. In this case he is desperate to show we are the bad guys, not the miscreants who gave safe haven to the evil-doers who flew the airplanes into the WTC and Pentagon on 9/11. So Limpdick throws his bullshit over the transom without using google or wiki to check any of the real facts or history. And what is most revealing is how he ignores you after you call out his bullshit because he knows he is incapable of defending it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northern_Alliance

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ahmad_Shah_Massoud

Uh, no. Are you really this misinformed? The Constitution says nothing about majority rule in a case like this. In fact, WE is right. If they own the land, and if it complies with zoning, they can build a Mosque. THE GOVERNMENT CANNOT STOP THEM! You are typical of a conservative. You believe in freedom for those who agree with you, but no one else. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
It is becoming more obvious that you don't have much information on conservative thought. Yes, the Constitution protects people from government overreach and against the tyranny of the majority. However, the US Constitution has limited bearing on local zoning issues. Now much as we dislike it, someone can buy the land in a city but be forbidden from building whatever they want. Happens all the time and it has been backed up by the courts. A zoning board is supposed to represent the wishes of the majority of the people so they don't approve of strip clubs next to churches. They can also not approve of building a mosque (remember all the smoke and fire in liberal New York City with that mosque) if they believe that it will be a source of problems.

Off the constitutional argument, we are engaged in a world war with radical islam and we need to start making choices that protect our future. As I pointed out earlier Ben Franklin said that the Constitution was not a suicide pact. I take that to mean that you don't do stupid stuff because the letter of the law says that it is possible. Lawyers use arguments like that all the time to get people out of trouble. Maybe it should be used by the other side from time to time.
The Taliban are not terrorist. Originally Posted by wellendowed1911
The Taliban? Terrorists?

Naaaa....

"The savages who slaughtered 132 children"

http://nypost.com/2014/12/18/pakista...hool-massacre/
The Taliban? Terrorists?

Naaaa....

"The savages who slaughtered 132 children"

http://nypost.com/2014/12/18/pakista...hool-massacre/ Originally Posted by gfejunkie
Before you post-do research- you do realize that those are the Pakistan Taliban- who are different from the Afghan Taliban.

oh since we are talking about killing innocents- by all means the U.S must be terrorist: http://www.cbsnews.com/news/more-afg...-2012-un-says/

Do you know how many innocent civilians were killed by U.S drones?? Oh, it's collateral damage so it doesn't count right?

Oh, I am not going to stop there- I guess the U.S army has terrorist soldiers- do you think I forgot about the U.S soldier who killed afgahn 16 civilians- which included children and women in an afghan village : http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-17330205

Oh, he was having psychological issues- so that doesn't count either right?

Again- I ask any of you to give me an honest answer- before the U.S invaded Afghanistan- the Taliban was in power- the U.S would be the intruders/occupiers- with that said does the Taliban have the right to defend their land by any means necessary? Why was it ok for the Taliban to fight back against the Soviets when they invaded Afghanistan(for political reasons), but it's so wrong for the Taliban to fight back against the U.S when they invaded(for political reasons) their land? Are the former Taliban rulers just suppose to say hey U.S do whateer you want- take over our land and we will be submissive to you. Do you know any country that had a govt that was overtaken by a foreign power and didn't fight back?

No one called the Taliban terrorist back when they were carrying out attacks against the pro-soviet govt- in our history books they were heroes aka freedom fighters.
I am waiting for someone to produce evidence that the Taliban plotted attacks against the U.S pre- 9-11. All those fuckers want is their land and riddance of foreign troops which I can't fault them- if the Taliban want to battle it out with the Northern Alliance that's their business- but the Taliban has NEVER been a terrorist threat to the U.S until we invaded their country.
Sure, when the Soviets invaded Afghanistan in 1979- the afghan rebels who fought for 10 years against the soviets were the Muhajideen or "freedom fighters". The U.S at that time thought that the Soviets controlling afghanistan could balance the middle east power to their(soviets) side. The soviets established a govt that was controlled by the Northern Alliance. Although, Afghanistan is a relatively poor nation- it has untapped resources- many thought the soviets wanted to created an oil pipeline to run through afghanistan.
Anyways, the Muhajideen had tons of support from the U.S- keep in mind OBL was a Mihajideen fighter. The Soviets eventually left in 1989, the Muhajideen eventually took control over 90% of Afghanistan and they established what they deemed as the "most pure form of Islam"- which obvious was a very strict govt. Since OBL was a former Muhajideen fighter he was seen as a guest to the country by the Taliban. The ousted govt became the Northern alliance- who we would eventually side with to over throw the Taliban.
So to some it up- the U.S supported the Taliban to overthrow the soviet back Northern Aliiance regime and then in 2001 the U.S supported the Northern Alliance to overthrow the Taliban regime. Originally Posted by wellendowed1911
Well, at least you got it correct in that the Soviet Union was in Afghanistan...as for the rest of your post...it's full of conjecture, opinion, and is mostly completely inaccurate. Please don't post about that particular topic again until you have been through the required history courses in a pre-deployment work up, or until you at least read a factual history of the country you're discussing...

It's hard for others to take your side on other matters when you post fabrications of this magnitude...they tend to undermine your "credibility", and detract from your other cogent discussions...

Thank you.
Did you forget to add Obama ordering the killing of OBL- who has been pretty much the face and voice of Islamic terrorist. Oh, and might I add in Obama's 1st term- his administration killed and/or captured more Al-Queada and Taliban operatives/militants than in Bush's 8 years. Oh yeah that will get you some muslim votes. If you had any intelligence- there's not one state in the union that has enough muslim citizens to sway votes one way are the other. Originally Posted by wellendowed1911
You're just a lost little sheeple believing everything the media tells you. This administration is no different than the last.

Jim