Another Inexplicable Cop Shooting

I hope you fuckers know, cops do a million GOOD things everyday. The media only shows us a few negative things everyday... Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB
The media shows far too much appreciation for these overpaid shitheads who walk around in Kevlar, packing heat while shoe shopping, filing for fake overtime and sucking the life out of the nation for their pension. Cops are a necessary evil that should be paid less and worked more.
Criminal charges were filed BUT the judge hearing the case refused to sign the order to arrest the accused officer.

He deferred the case to a Grand Jury for possible indicment. Just so you know, cops don't get indicted in the "Great State of Texas"... We'll see Originally Posted by GentleGiant2467
Yeah but he's a civilian now, so it might be different, lol.
The media shows far too much appreciation for these overpaid shitheads who walk around in Kevlar, packing heat while shoe shopping, filing for fake overtime and sucking the life out of the nation for their pension. Cops are a necessary evil that should be paid less and worked more. Originally Posted by JohnnyCap
Actually, that's a pretty stupid idea.

If you want to guarantee a corrupt police force, pay them poorly. Look to the south and see how that has worked out for Mexico.

Police pay should be increased, but hiring standards - particularly mental stability tests - should be raised accordingly even if that mean we have less minorities on the force.

Then the hired cops should be regularly drug tested, especially for steroids.

Make the job a good, well-paying one that no one wants to lose. Cut back on retirement age for full benefits if you need to control costs. And make it tougher to retire on disability.
The media shows far too much appreciation for these overpaid shitheads who walk around in Kevlar, packing heat while shoe shopping, filing for fake overtime and sucking the life out of the nation for their pension. Cops are a necessary evil that should be paid less and worked more. Originally Posted by JohnnyCap
Let me guess, you didn't pass their psychological exam and now you're bitter. Well maybe you can redeem yourself go apply for Mall Security.
Let me guess, you didn't pass their psychological exam and now you're bitter. Well maybe you can redeem yourself go apply for Mall Security. Originally Posted by acp5762
LOL.
I hope you fuckers know, cops do a million GOOD things everyday. The media only shows us a few negative things everyday... Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB
As with any group of people, cops are arranged in a bell curve. Some great ones, some homicidal maniacs, and every body else in between. The job itself can take you to the highest high and the lowest low. I was a military policeman at Ft. Bragg. During your first domestic disturbance call, you find out if you are going to be a cop when you leave the service (I am not a police officer, go figure). It doesn't have much to do with the performance of your duties during the call, it's all about the feelings, thoughts, and the impact of that type of situation on your head. Imagine having to break up a fight between he-be-a-douche-bag and his wife. You end up taking her to jail because she lost it and went after him with an iron skillet, but you know he deserves it.
BS aside, the words of Laurence Bourne III sum it up best.
(para-phrased) It's not that I can't help these people, it's that I don't want to.
Most police officers are under-paid for the job they do.

No kidding, 4 shots and the best they could do is wound him? What kind of firearms training are they running in Dallas? Originally Posted by Chica Chaser

The national hits per shot fired ratio was in the 1 in 14-16 ballpark several years ago. The officers who were in the 2 or more "incidents" group kept the ratio from being truly frightening. First time shooters were missing 90-95% of the time. I don't know or can't recall the different parameters or conditions used to come up with the numbers.

Actually, that's a pretty stupid idea. Originally Posted by ExNYer
If you want to guarantee a corrupt police force, pay them poorly. Look to the south and see how that has worked out for Mexico.
Police pay should be increased, but hiring standards - particularly mental stability tests - should be raised accordingly even if that mean we have less minorities on the force.
Then the hired cops should be regularly drug tested, especially for steroids.
Make the job a good, well-paying one that no one wants to lose. Cut back on retirement age for full benefits if you need to control costs. And make it tougher to retire on disability. Originally Posted by ExNYer
Pay should be higher, standards should be higher, evaluations, proficiency, physical and mental, should be conducted more often.
They also need more recognition for their service.
As with any group of people, cops are arranged in a bell curve. Some great ones, some homicidal maniacs, and every body else in between. The job itself can take you to the highest high and the lowest low. I was a military policeman at Ft. Bragg. During your first domestic disturbance call, you find out if you are going to be a cop when you leave the service (I am not a police officer, go figure). It doesn't have much to do with the performance of your duties during the call, it's all about the feelings, thoughts, and the impact of that type of situation on your head. Imagine having to break up a fight between he-be-a-douche-bag and his wife. You end up taking her to jail because she lost it and went after him with an iron skillet, but you know he deserves it.
BS aside, the words of Laurence Bourne III sum it up best.
(para-phrased) It's not that I can't help these people, it's that I don't want to.
Most police officers are under-paid for the job they do.

The national hits per shot fired ratio was in the 1 in 14-16 ballpark several years ago. The officers who were in the 2 or more "incidents" group kept the ratio from being truly frightening. First time shooters were missing 90-95% of the time. I don't know or can't recall the different parameters or conditions used to come up with the numbers.

Pay should be higher, standards should be higher, evaluations, proficiency, physical and mental, should be conducted more often.
They also need more recognition for their service. Originally Posted by Munchmasterman
Very well said and thanks for your service.
Let me guess, you didn't pass their psychological exam and now you're bitter. Well maybe you can redeem yourself go apply for Mall Security. Originally Posted by acp5762
Half way there. I can't deny some bitterness but I've never spent a moment of conscious adult life wanting to be a cop. Maybe as a misguided 5 year old but not since.

Cops aren't all bad and are necessary. Exnyer is right to say lower pay will result in lower performance. But, if a cop gets higher pay for more busts, more busts are going to happen whether crimes are committed or not. Too many testosterone fueled cops, too few Andy Griffiths hanging back and waiting to help when asked.

I'm sure that seems idealistic to anyone in metro Texas but I still think ideals are good. I actually think police departments should be combined with sanitation and recycling. Nobody in danger? Pick up a broom like the rest of us.
Everybody thinks they're underpaid, but maybe the bankers, C_Os, politicians and stockbrokers who know they're overpaid and compensate by overpaying women.

Everyone thinks their underpaid, yet no one would work for what they are actually worth.

I can't argue with the bell curve. I won't say all cops are bad. I will always say something is wrong when a person can work twenty years and get paid for life. Not sustainable, that is.
Cops are a necessary evil that should be paid less and worked more. Originally Posted by JohnnyCap
That was the New Orleans plan for years.
...too few Andy Griffiths hanging back and waiting to help when asked...... Originally Posted by JohnnyCap
Policing philosophy has changed .. the Andy method may work in Mayberry, ..

..... but not in Chicago. Some just don't have time to ask ...

Whatever happened to the cops that killed the 95 yo in the old folks home? That was pointing a butcher knife and apparently wasn't affected by the taser?

Enquiring minds want to know.
Policing philosophy has changed .. the Andy method may work in Mayberry, ..

..... but not in Chicago. Some just don't have time to ask ...

Originally Posted by LexusLover
It isn't that policing philosophy has changed (it has, but as a result), it is that the philosophy of taking care of one's self and one's own has changed.

An idea that links nicely with threads and rants about public assistance, congressional slime, and even states' rights, including our civil war/confederate flag rant.
Half way there. I can't deny some bitterness but I've never spent a moment of conscious adult life wanting to be a cop. Maybe as a misguided 5 year old but not since.

Cops aren't all bad and are necessary. Exnyer is right to say lower pay will result in lower performance. But, if a cop gets higher pay for more busts, more busts are going to happen whether crimes are committed or not. Too many testosterone fueled cops, too few Andy Griffiths hanging back and waiting to help when asked.

I'm sure that seems idealistic to anyone in metro Texas but I still think ideals are good. I actually think police departments should be combined with sanitation and recycling. Nobody in danger? Pick up a broom like the rest of us. Originally Posted by JohnnyCap
You originally called them overpaid shitheads, and now you say they aren't all bad. Well of course they aren't all bad. In fact what you see from the media depicting Police Officers really going off the deep end is quite miniscule in comparison to the attitudes and work ethic of most police officers. But the bad always seems to resonate in our minds the most. I don't know if these Officers in Dallas had several encounters with this mentally ill man, but I will reveal to you a terrible fact. Officers that have repeated encounters with the mentally ill especially if they are often combative ones, will eventually kill these subjects whether it's justified or not. It seems out of all the training Officers receive through out the course of their careers dealing with Mentally Ill subjects seems to be seriously lacking.