Complimenting a woman in public when she is wearing revealing clothing

There is a time and a place for everything. It also depends if on the location.

If your at a T and A bar, then Go right ahead. If your in professional setting and you hope to continue your career, then maybe not.

Similar situation to you, but I had retired from my professional life, but still wanted some fun $$ and I went to work in a winery.

A 38 YO single mom went to work. We threw Digs at each fir a month, non sexual on in good nature. One day she was in a mood and I said to her "ohh you figured out my boobs are bigger than yours." She looked at me at me laughed, and said lets have a comparison.

We have been fuck buddies for months. Sometimes you just have to take a risk.
And in there is "professional dress"". and "professional casual", or similar nomenclature. This is seen at any downtown law firm. Other types of work settings have slightly different but similar dfres codes. None of them stress sexuality.

The last twenty years before I retired, I was in a clinical or healthcare setting. Everyone wore professional casual clothing (doctors) or scrubs. No real issues to deal with there.

To address the OP question: I can see no reason for anyone to be wearing "revealing" clothing to work outside of an SOB.
I think sometimes a look, a nod, and a smile is all that's necessary.
the ladies have fled eccie. Originally Posted by hairyhoudini
Is it possible that being direct/cat calling works and they would never admit it?
Nothing annoys women more than a guy beating around the bush or some veiled nice guy approach

If it didnt work, men wouldnt do it.
I suspect her reaction would be very much based on you. If you are 6 foot tall and late 20's-late 30's and reasonably good looking she would not be offended. If you are over 50 and overweight, she is going to be offended big time. Originally Posted by bigmiketwo
Isn’t this the truth. I got a lot of looks and “check-outs” by girls in my younger days. Not so much as I get older. Lol

I always said that if Harvey Weinstein was young and handsome, the me-too movement wouldn’t have happened. Those women would have discretely had sex with Harvey! Not reported him.

how to GUARANTEE she will NEVER take you seriously as a man Originally Posted by FatCity
You might be right. I mean telling a cute girl you are going to frisk her sounds like it probably works pretty regular.

A long time ago I was a TA at an Ivy League school. At the time sex harassment lawsuits in retaliation for bad grades was a concern (not sure how real the concern was) and we were told to not comment on a student’s appearance or dress in any way, ever. No discussion. That stuck with me ever since and I think I have avoided trouble many times by keeping my mouth shut.
I have avoided trouble Originally Posted by phompee
The last two posts made me recheck what url I'm visiting here....
Buncha tea totalling panty waists on a site dedicated to the hobby of regularly visiting cock sucking whore slobs illegaly for money

Lol...heaven forbid you actually are direct with a woman.

Don’t start with a compliment, it reeks of desperation. That’s not a good trait.

Hi, I’m X. What’s your name?
I’m Y
Nice to meet you Y. (extend handshake *bonus points for both hands on her 1*)
I noticed you were shopping alone, could I interest you in a cappuccino?
The last two posts made me recheck what url I'm visiting here....
Buncha tea totalling panty waists on a site dedicated to the hobby of regularly visiting cock sucking whore slobs illegaly for money

Lol...heaven forbid you actually are direct with a woman.

Originally Posted by FatCity
When in doubt... just be a jackass
I don’t say shit. A woman who tries to show off her body knows what she’s doing. If a girl wants me to talk to her, her body language will give it away. Many people, men and women, are just trying to get through the day.

Wow! It's obvious that the ladies have fled eccie. No comments about anything. Originally Posted by hairyhoudini
Of course! We’re talking about complimenting a woman, which is something free of charge. The hookers here don’t want johns to think they can do anything with them for free. That’s how little they think of us.
I’ve told more one how nice they make a pair of shorts look!! I think every lady likes a compliment!! If she is real nice I’ll show here a pic of me in Nam, I’ll say if I was this
guy now I’d be knocking on ur door!!! They usually smile & say “ And I would let u in!!!
If anything, compliment their shoes. Women seem to love affirmation that grossly overspending on frivolous items is a good idea.
(Everywhere else in the Western world):
Make eye contact, hold eye contact for 2 - 5 seconds, slight smile and nod of the head, look away. If you look again and SHE holds eye contact, if you're in a cafe or a bar, discreetly call over the waitstaff and buy her 1 of whatever she's drinking. In Uruguay and Argentina, it's called a cabaceo. In the US we might call it discreetly flirting. I've had ladies do this with / to me in street side cafes all over the Western world (outside the US) and I'm not young, handsome, or rich.

Or be the stereotypical American and shout loud enough that traffic stops: "Nice shoes! Wanna fuck?"

Works every time!
Very creepy