Love is evil

Love is obscure, and people are generally fucked up....
Originally Posted by Valerie
Love is often obscured by people that are generally fucked up....
"Love is patient. Love is kind. It does not envy. It does not boast. It is not proud. It is not rude. It is not self-seeking. It is not easily angered. It keeps no records of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil, but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always persevers. Love never fails."-
1 Corinthians 13:4

I loved someone and even though he never said," I love you" to me back (except once, I think, but it was under his breath like a mumble), all I wanted was for him to be happy even if I wasn't in the picture. He has changed his tune but my heart has been broken too many times to trust that he won't hurt me again.

In short, I would not want to live in a world without love. There would only be hate, selfishness, indifference, pain and suffering.

What can I say? My heart is so big that I have a lot of love to give.
"Love is patient. Love is kind. It does not envy. It does not boast. It is not proud. It is not rude. It is not self-seeking. It is not easily angered. It keeps no records of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil, but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always persevers. Love never fails."-
1 Corinthians 13:4

What can I say? My heart is so big that I have a lot of love to give. Originally Posted by Can I Play Too???
i agree, but what Zizek said in this notionhe presents it is that no one can love unconditional. We simply can`t . If we were able to we would not make a disticntion :-.) therefor love would not be evil
The most painful experiences inflicted upon me have been by people that have said they loved me at some point (this encompasses friends, family and boyfriends). As I've progressed through life, I have noticed a pattern though with all of those people as I have seen them interact with others beyond me; their absolute inability to communicate what they feel. They instead let feelings fester and eventually manifest in the most ugly of ways such as jealousy, fear and loathing etc. Do I think that means love is evil? Heck no. I think an inability to be communicate can create some very ugly people that come across as evil. I get it that putting your vulnerability out there by choosing to show how you feel can be scary as hell but that's a communication issue. Love cannot be made the scapegoat for that....

C