No new deaths due to Covid

Absolute horseshit.

We are having approximately DOUBLE the number of deaths due to illness we would normally expect in the 8 month period from start of March until now. Originally Posted by Kinkster90210
Your link?

My link says otherwise. There's a link to the original article in my link. You should read both. Originally Posted by gnadfly
again I'm not seeing a link from you.

Why is the USA up to 270,000 plus deaths?

http://coronavirusstatistics.org/ Originally Posted by adav8s28
Your link proves little. The researcher is saying the "net deaths" are approximately zero, especially in certain age groups. Is there a particular tab on that link that you are referring to?

Hey Kinkster, quit stealing my words. "Horseshit" is mine. I already said this was horseshit in another thread:

In fact, now even the Johns Hopkins student newsletter where the article appeared says it's horseshit:

https://www.jhunewsletter.com/articl...7NmUjKD7eutOnk Originally Posted by Tiny
It doesn't say "horseshit". It says it can be misused, probably because it doesn't fit certain narratives. The author even says further study is needed.

This is the appropriate quote: Briand presented data of total U.S. deaths in comparison to COVID-19-related deaths as a proportion percentage, which trivializes the repercussions of the pandemic. This evidence does not disprove the severity of COVID-19; an increase in excess deaths is not represented in these proportionalities because they are offered as percentages, not raw numbers.

Here's an interesting graph a linked article uses.
https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/e...e&region=WorldI don't know if they used CDC data or not. Notice the graph for sake of drama starts at 50K. The NYC area "Cumocaust" could alone be responsible for that spike in those months. I think he or she has a good point, expecially as it relates to certain percentages in certain age groups.
Its a overblown outa control media well FLU , for all you believer s DID YOU WEAR A MASK LAST YEAR, or any other flu season + if your that afraid of life stay in the basement you know like Beijing Bob
Why is the USA up to 270,000 plus deaths?

http://coronavirusstatistics.org/ Originally Posted by adav8s28
Fake newese, fake newese I tell you, covid-19 cures Cancer. Covid-19 save lives.
One out of many researchers that say different. Believe who you want.

The following is from Johns-Hopkins showing why the article was retracted.

"Editor’s Note: After The News-Letter published this article on Nov. 22, it was brought to our attention that our coverage of Genevieve Briand’s presentation “COVID-19 Deaths: A Look at U.S. Data” has been used to support dangerous inaccuracies that minimize the impact of the pandemic.

We decided on Nov. 26 to retract this article to stop the spread of misinformation, as we noted on social media. However, it is our responsibility as journalists to provide a historical record. We have chosen to take down the article from our website, but it is available here as a PDF.

In accordance with our standards for transparency, we are sharing with our readers how we came to this decision. The News-Letter is an editorially and financially independent, student-run publication. Our articles and content are not endorsed by the University or the School of Medicine, and our decision to retract this article was made independently.

Briand’s study should not be used exclusively in understanding the impact of COVID-19, but should be taken in context with the countless other data published by Hopkins, the World Health Organization and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).

As assistant director for the Master’s in Applied Economics program at Hopkins, Briand is neither a medical professional nor a disease researcher. At her talk, she herself stated that more research and data are needed to understand the effects of COVID-19 in the U.S.

Briand was quoted in the article as saying, “All of this points to no evidence that COVID-19 created any excess deaths. Total death numbers are not above normal death numbers.” This claim is incorrect and does not take into account the spike in raw death count from all causes compared to previous years. According to the CDC, there have been almost 300,000 excess deaths due to COVID-19. Additionally, Briand presented data of total U.S. deaths in comparison to COVID-19-related deaths as a proportion percentage, which trivializes the repercussions of the pandemic. This evidence does not disprove the severity of COVID-19; an increase in excess deaths is not represented in these proportionalities because they are offered as percentages, not raw numbers.

Briand also claimed in her analysis that deaths due to heart diseases, respiratory diseases, influenza and pneumonia may be incorrectly categorized as COVID-19-related deaths. However, COVID-19 disproportionately affects those with preexisting conditions, so those with those underlying conditions are statistically more likely to be severely affected and die from the virus.

Because of these inaccuracies and our failure to provide additional information about the effects of COVID-19, The News-Letter decided to retract this article. It is our duty as a publication to combat the spread of misinformation and to enhance our fact-checking process. We apologize to our readers."

https://worldnewsera.com/news/startu...startups-news/

so you're saying a John Hopkins researcher is horseshit? Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm

"As assistant director for the Master’s in Applied Economics program at Hopkins, Briand is neither a medical professional nor a disease researcher."

were just frogs in the pot
And what are they now?
And what are they now? Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Yapping lil yssups! lolling
  • Tiny
  • 12-03-2020, 11:29 AM

Here's an interesting graph a linked article uses.
https://ourworldindata.org/grapher/e...e&region=WorldI don't know if they used CDC data or not. Notice the graph for sake of drama starts at 50K. The NYC area "Cumocaust" could alone be responsible for that spike in those months. I think he or she has a good point, expecially as it relates to certain percentages in certain age groups. Originally Posted by gnadfly
Thanks for linking to that gnadfly. It's more comprehensive and easier to view than the graph I linked to on the CDC excess deaths web page.

I suspect they are, as you suggested, using CDC data.

There are two things going on here.

First and most importantly, the last data point on the graph was for October 18. Around then, U.S. daily deaths from Covid were running around 700. The last couple of days they've been running around 2700, although if you average the data over the last week it might be a tad under 2000.

Second, the official death count, of deaths from all causes, is updated and increases as new death certificates flow into the CDC from around the country. Your link intentionally omits data from recent weeks because of this, although it's possible actual deaths from October may come in higher after the updates.

Anyway, if you take a look at this graph in a couple of months, you should see much higher excess mortality on this graph than what you for October now.
Covid-19 was special to chase and kill cancer cells first.
Record cases.

Record hospitalizations.

Record deaths.

Where is our Drama Queen in Chief and what is he doing ?

He is making Info Mercials full of bullshit lies !!
Your link?

My link says otherwise. There's a link to the original article in my link. You should read both. Originally Posted by gnadfly
There are reports every fucking day now that hospitals NATIONWIDE are nearing peak capacity. I have family members that work in hospitals in the NY-NJ-CT tristate area that have told me this personally.

We have more deaths per day than at any point in 2020.

Who is filling up those hospitals? Accident victims? Are they somehow all surviving?

And before you say something stupid about the parking lots not being filled, try to remember that the truly sick are driven to the hospital by an ambulance or another family member. So their cars are NOT in the parking lots. And because the hospitals are now full of contagious people, family members are not permitted to visit. So, the family members' cars are not in the parking lots either.

The same Johns Hopkins website COVID dashboard now has the US pegged to over 200K new cases per day. We now have over 100K hospitalizations per day for the first time. We are now over 3100 dead per day for the first time.

https://apnews.com/article/us-virus-...3cc858bfe24e49

Here is a question. Give us a straight answer.

Do you believe there is no pandemic and all of these news reports from around the world for the last 12 months are a giant conspiracy?

You always drop hints but never explicitly state what you think is really happening. So, show some balls and lay your cards on the table.

Here is a question. Give us a straight answer.

Do you believe there is no pandemic and all of these news reports from around the world for the last 12 months are a giant conspiracy?

You always drop hints but never explicitly state what you think is really happening. So, show some balls and lay your cards on the table. Originally Posted by Kinkster90210
There's a pandemic. My answer is the pandemic is overblown. I am mainly concerned about deaths, not if someone was sick for a few days. And I'm not concerned if a lot of people over 80 or are in stage 3 cancer die. They were going to die anyway.

You're the conspiracy believer. I said long ago that since young people aren't affected schools should remain open people but people like you demand schools be closed. I don't think most masks are that effective and most aren't but people like you demand that they be worn.

At the end of all this, I'd like to see an audit of all the COVID declared deaths. IMO, age and co-morbidities will be shown to play a huge role on whether a person died, hospitalized or just got inconveniently sick for a few days like the flu.

I've been very consisent with this, especially around COVID deaths. Remember the Harris County judge set up two large emergency hospitals for COVID patients and few showed up. Believe the evidence. BTW, the parking lot of the hospital by is about 30% full.
There's a pandemic. My answer is the pandemic is overblown. I am mainly concerned about deaths, not if someone was sick for a few days. And I'm not concerned if a lot of people over 80 or are in stage 3 cancer die. They were going to die anyway.

You're the conspiracy believer. I said long ago that since young people aren't affected schools should remain open people but people like you demand schools be closed. I don't think most masks are that effective and most aren't but people like you demand that they be worn.

At the end of all this, I'd like to see an audit of all the COVID declared deaths. IMO, age and co-morbidities will be shown to play a huge role on whether a person died, hospitalized or just got inconveniently sick for a few days like the flu.

I've been very consisent with this, especially around COVID deaths. Remember the Harris County judge set up two large emergency hospitals for COVID patients and few showed up. Believe the evidence. BTW, the parking lot of the hospital by is about 30% full. Originally Posted by gnadfly
Those co-morbidity deaths are way down for 2020! Especially heart and copd patients! They sign off to the covid related death to get the federal funding for covid! Its about money!
Teach me WD.

I want to learn how to Sign Off on a Covid Related Death and get the Federal Funding for Covid.
Teach me WD.

I want to learn how to Sign Off on a Covid Related Death and get the Federal Funding for Covid. Originally Posted by sportfisherman
Riot and loot with your comrades and you'll find out!