so McCarthy has finally started impeachment proceedings for..

btw - whats the Biden family business? crickets....
You obviously don't know much about law...lets just say I am very familiar with lawsuits and court proceedings. If Trump had gotten sued for 1-2 counts, might be cause for concern for him. 90+ felony counts typically mean dismissal, means they don't have much and are trying to get something, anything, to stick. I'll bet he knows this and sleeps well at night. Originally Posted by mynameismudd

The brandon fanboys are in so much denial it's unreal. It's like the old adage, the more I tell a rumor, the more truth to the rumor, but it's in reverse. If they say he's innocent of corruption enough times, the more truth they see in it. Fact is, he and his idiot son are as corrupt as it gets. I even posted proof of brandons quid pro quo in his own words on video and they are still in denial that brandon is guilty of it. I'ts really quite sad they can't see what's obvious.
btw - whats the Biden family business? crickets.... Originally Posted by mynameismudd

He's been a government employee since 1972, funny I didn't realize being a senator paid that well. I thought only the clintons and osama-obama stole from the people, sucks to be me and be so wrong.
Exactly. It doesn't pay that well. And last thing I heard you didn't need 20+ shell companies to be a government employee.
  • pxmcc
  • 09-21-2023, 01:08 AM
You obviously don't know much about law...lets just say I am very familiar with lawsuits and court proceedings. If Trump had gotten sued for 1-2 counts, might be cause for concern for him. 90+ felony counts typically mean dismissal, means they don't have much and are trying to get something, anything, to stick. I'll bet he knows this and sleeps well at night. Originally Posted by mynameismudd
lol sir. i got my jd from a tier 1 law school. what about you?

no, Trump is, to put it in the venacular, fucked "bigly". he's trying to use this whole "running for president" thing to escape his criminal accountability. it won't work, for several reasons, but that's a different thread.

poor Chris Kise. he's a damn good lawyer-probably Trump's best-but Trump gets on podcasts and TV interviews and completely obliterates his own defense. Kise is watching all this with a 2-handed facepalm. "Well, at least I already got my 7 figure retainer. So there's that.."

for as long as Biden has been in politics, you know how many bribes he's been offered for special treatment? probably dozens, maybe more. and at the pinnacle of his career, finally, he's going to succumb to the offer of a briefcase of cash from some random Ukrainian looking for political favors from the vice president or president of the United States? that makes absolutely zero sense. none whatsoever.
Me too, Georgetown to be exact. The whole trial is a joke - and any reputable lawyer who reviews the charges knows it. As a lawyer, I'm sure you know if there are that many charges that is bc they don't think they have much of a case.

Biden has been corrupt since he was a DE senator, and there is no "finally" he took a bribe, he has been on the take his whole career. First from MBNA bank in DE, and then as VP.

So whats the Biden family business? How did crackhead hunter fit in? why do they need all those shell companies? we know 20M flowed into the shell companies, the receipts are there. whats your explanation for that? crickets...
btw - it sounds by your original post that you are oblivious that this an impeachment inquiry, not a move to impeach. All this does is give the house additional power to collect evidence and investigate wrongdoings. Its still just an inquiry at this point, not an impeachment proceeding as you state in your original post. I would think if you are a lawyer and posting to have a conversation about this, you would know the difference.
  • pxmcc
  • 09-21-2023, 05:28 PM
Me too, Georgetown to be exact. The whole trial is a joke - and any reputable lawyer who reviews the charges knows it. As a lawyer, I'm sure you know if there are that many charges that is bc they don't think they have much of a case.

px:

"Georgetown is an excellent school and is ranked higher than my alma mater, UH, although UH's IP and Health Law programs are among the best in the country.

i respectfully disagree. Fani Willis took the opposite route from Jack Smith-she's going for a symphony, while he's going for a capriccio. there are pros and cons for both choices, as i'm sure you are aware.

the main pro of Jack Smith's very minimalist approach is his charges are easy to prove, especially the classified docs case, and he has an excellent chance of getting the matter fully litigated before Nov. 7, 2024, which is a possible doomsday for his case. but he hasn't indicted a single key co-conspirator near the top of the pyramid-Guilani, Clark, etc. where are all those juicy copped pleas from those peeps ready to spill the beans on the kingpin? he doesn't have 'em, but that could change.

Fani Willis has set out for herself a herculean task. indicting 19 peeps with all those felony counts is both genius and utterly foolish. genius in part because each one must be defeated for exoneration, a tall order by any measure. and more indictments means potentially more cooperating witnesses. if she can get enough high level pleas copped, it will make her case hard to beat. and the penalties for RICO-5 years minimum hard time-increase the likelihood of getting key cooperating witnesses. but getting her RICO case to trial before the election is going to be a real nail biter. her gamble is, who cares about Nov. 7? these are state-level charges and even a President Trump can't do a damn thing about it. but i predict that if Trump wins, her battle will still get vastly more difficult. and don't voters have a right to know guilt or innocence before the election, not after? she gambled by swinging for the fences, and we'll have to wait and see if her gamble pays off. by contrast, Jack Smith bet the field favorite To Show, a vastly easier proposition.
"

Biden has been corrupt since he was a DE senator, and there is no "finally" he took a bribe, he has been on the take his whole career. First from MBNA bank in DE, and then as VP.

px: "why, b/c he accepted campaign donations from MBNA? such 'corruption' is called politics in America. i'm all for campaign finance reform. but our system is what it is."

So whats the Biden family business? How did crackhead hunter fit in? why do they need all those shell companies? we know 20M flowed into the shell companies, the receipts are there. whats your explanation for that? crickets... Originally Posted by mynameismudd
"my thought is let the feds do their job. Garland is letting the Special Counsel run his show, unlike Bill Barr, who meddled and practically obstructed in everything Trump. if Hunter did illegal acts, let him pay for the crime. but at this point i say, 'where's the beef?'
furthermore, those are all Fox News talking points. and what have we learned recently about Fox News?
"

btw - it sounds by your original post that you are oblivious that this an impeachment inquiry, not a move to impeach. All this does is give the house additional power to collect evidence and investigate wrongdoings. Its still just an inquiry at this point, not an impeachment proceeding as you state in your original post. I would think if you are a lawyer and posting to have a conversation about this, you would know the difference. Originally Posted by mynameismudd
px: "i wasn't careful in my words. mea culpa. i know the difference. this article gives a good outline of the entire process of impeachment and the trial in the Senate."

https://abc7news.com/donald-trump-im...-mean/5565374/

at the end of the day, i predict this impeachment inquiry will be a big nothing burger and a huge waste of taxpayers' funds. we'll have to wait and see.

btw, why hasn't Jim Jordan been indicted yet for Jan 6? he and his fellow co-conspirators in Congress are guilty as sin, but Garland is asleep at the switch on that front. but for the yeoman's work done by the Jan. 6 committee-and Trump basically daring him to charge-he probably would've given Trump a free pass. he's way too lenient and not a real go-getter. however, Smith and Willis are both hard-charging pitbull prosecutors, which is exactly what Trump's actual, hostile, open, notorious, exclusive, and continuous lawlessness requires. (liar oops i mean lawyer joke for ya..)
Looks like you need help here too....

So......since I'm such a stand-up kinda guy I'll help you.

That is......unless you haven't learnt your past lesson on thread-hijacking.....It would seem you have (once again) hijacked your own thread, deviating from the "subject/title" from the very first post. How does that even happen ?

UC, how are we (the collective posters) supposed to keep on some sort of "track" with this thread if the subject/title doesn't match the original post ?

Seems like it started out with McCarthy opening up an impeachment inquiry ... [sic]...... and then IMMEDIATELY started with the Trump Derangement Syndrome rants in the very first post? Can you be the line judge here and tell us which direction this thread should be going? I might be wrong, but it does look like he hijacked his own thread at least 3 times UITB ....depending on which fork in the road we're supposed to take..... ijs

Otherwise, have a nice day
  • pxmcc
  • 09-21-2023, 06:34 PM
^^Biden's impeachment inquiry and Trump's impeachments are closely related topics. thread hijacks have to do with changing the subject matter to topics that have nothing to do the thread's subject matter. for example, although i don't agree with Mr. Mudd, his Trump discussions were still relevant to the primary subject matter and were not in any sense thread hijacks imo.
Speaking of corrupt democrats, just add this senator.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dem...tions-committe
  • pxmcc
  • 09-22-2023, 05:27 PM
Speaking of corrupt democrats, just add this senator.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dem...tions-committe Originally Posted by DEAR_JOHN
ya he needs to resign. he's right up there with Trump in the corruption dept.
  • pxmcc
  • 09-23-2023, 09:00 AM
=DEAR_JOHN;1063306799]Speaking of corrupt democrats, just add this senator.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/dem...tions-committe[/QUOTE]

ya he needs to resign. he's right up there with Trump in the corruption dept. Originally Posted by pxmcc
does it surprise anyone i say Menendez needs to resign? here's a solid Dem and loyal party man. i'm supposed to defend him, right? just hell naw.

why is that call so easy for me? and why is it so hard for Republicans to look at equally bad or worse conduct by Trump, and say that's not ok, and this guy needs to go? his defenders are enablers to the breaking of democracy in America. that's what is at stake on Nov. 7, 2024 if Trump is on the ballot, democracy in America. does democracy survive, or does it die?

when you go in to the ballot box, let your vote reflect the answer to that question. if you don't like democracy, then you know who to vote for. if you do like democracy, vote the other way.

back to Biden's impeachment inquiry. the House is as of right now is unable to do its job of passing simple spending bills (using something called a Continuing Resolution, which is basically "Same as last year.") and we're about to dive into another government shutdown, hosted by the circular firing squad of Republicans in the House. if these clowns don't want to do their job, which is to pass spending bills, they should just resign, like, today. and amid all this dysfunction and inability to govern, they're spending time trying to figure out how and why they can impeach Biden. it's utter lunacy of the highest magnitude.
  • pxmcc
  • 09-28-2023, 04:31 PM
so where's the beef..

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/09/28/u...t-hearing.html

if McCarthy did this to appease his far right radicals, it isn't working. we're still headed for a pointless shutdown..
  • pxmcc
  • 10-03-2023, 01:25 AM