Laptop Possessed...help

I too have a Dell that is just about a year old and have the same things go on with my laptop. I dont know why it does those quirky things. I have tried adjusting settings and it still does it. Now my fan is acting up. It is really load on start up and doesnt seem to run normally while its on. Not to mention my battery has exceded it's life so I always need to have it plugged in during use. Im pretty much gonna get a new laptop soon. Originally Posted by kendra kayy
Kendra, go to Batteries Plus and look up your laptop make and model. I had the same issue.. battery would last about 10 minutes. They are not the cheapest but they are very reputable and if they have a store in your city you can take the old battery there, get the new one, check it etc and be all fixed up in no time.

As for your fan, it could need cleaning... I would seek out a professional for this as they might need to open it up and clean all the fins
I have window 7 and my laptop is a dell an barely a yr old...there are times as I moving the mouse pad the size of my screen keeps changing...and sometime when I am pasting something the entire screen goes to blue highlights....It is driving me crazy...any ideas Originally Posted by Irish Vixen
There is a possibility that you have two fingers in contact with the mouse pad simultaneously. If so, you'll find that spreading them apart makes the screen objects larger and conversely squeezing your fingers together will decrease them.

ca
I have also found that it is better to get a wireless mouse with a USB adapter than to use the little mouse pad touch screen. Some of them just do not behave well. Originally Posted by Mokoa
I have a Toshiba laptop, and also use a USB wireless mouse with my laptop most of the time. Found the same thing with the touchpad on the computer. I also have my laptop plugged in most of the time, and seldom run it off the battery.
I am also gonna throw in that women wear lotions, perfumes, etc. And when the lotion or other materials are on their fingertips and then they touch the pad it creates confusion with the pad connections.

Same thing with touch screen phones.

Make sure your fingertips are completely dry and clean when using the touchpad.

Just my two cents.
Good coffee and technology are two of my three favorite morning activities.
Good luck and play safe,
Jframe2