When did slavery end in the United States?

No I'm not. It formally ended in the United States with the ratification of the 13th amendment.
Wrong again. The myth that the parties "switched" has been debunked so thoroughly only an ignorant fool thinks otherwise. Originally Posted by texassapper
You’re wrong. And ignorant.

Just repeating a lie over and over and over doesn’t make it true.

Even you know that, Uncle Han.
...Just repeating a lie over and over and over doesn’t make it true... Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Lemme see - The Sapper provided a link to data to support their point and you provided bloviation, as per usual. Does that actually work for you IRL? Realistically, you still got those danged kids on your danged lawn so Imma say nope.
Did you follow that link, dude? I did. It’s a fucking opinion podcast from a local radio station. That’s enough for you? LOL!

You’re as dumb as JL. Except, he’s old enough to know the truth.

You’re simply a bleating sheep in the flock.
Did you follow that link, dude? I did. It’s a fucking opinion podcast from a local radio station. That’s enough for you? LOL!

You’re simply a bleating sheep in the flock. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider

if you say so

Common Sense Central is edited by WISN's Dan O'Donnell. A two-time winner of broadcasting's prestigious National Edward R. Murrow Award, Dan provides unique conservative commentary and analysis of stories that the mainstream media often overlooks. Agree with a story? Disagree? Sound off in the comments section of each story and keep the conversation going on Facebook and Twitter!
Hate to break it to you Nancy, the notion of the Great Switch is simply an opinion. An erroneous one at that, making it a lie. Unless of course you are supplying facts to back up your extreme bloviations. You could do some quickie research with: Hillary's America: The Secret History of the Democratic Party

Regardless, both links use somethings called "actual history" and "actual facts", neither of which you ever use or even heard of because you're always chasing those danged kids of your danged lawn.

You're simply a double [board rules censored] and you know it.

You’re simply a bleating sheep in the flock. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
When asked about the"party switch":

Larry Elder replied, “No, it’s a lie and, it’s really easy to dispute it. If you look at all the Democrats that voted against the 1964 Civil Rights Act, which was supposedly the act that tore the relationship between the Democratic Party and the racists, how many of them actually switched to the Republican Party?”

“In the case of the Senate, one did, Strom Thurmond. In the case of the House, one person did. I can’t even recall that person’s name. That’s it, and if you are a white racist and you’re unhappy because of the passage of Civil Rights Acts, you’re going to leave the Democratic Party and join the party where a greater percentage of [its members of Congress] voted for the act that you despised? It doesn’t make any sense.”

Pretty much sums up Democrats thoughts on anything....they don't make sense.
When asked about the"party switch":

Larry Elder replied, “No, it’s a lie and, it’s really easy to dispute it. If you look at all the Democrats that voted against the 1964 Civil Rights Act, which was supposedly the act that tore the relationship between the Democratic Party and the racists, how many of them actually switched to the Republican Party?”

“In the case of the Senate, one did, Strom Thurmond. In the case of the House, one person did. I can’t even recall that person’s name. That’s it, and if you are a white racist and you’re unhappy because of the passage of Civil Rights Acts, you’re going to leave the Democratic Party and join the party where a greater percentage of [its members of Congress] voted for the act that you despised? It doesn’t make any sense.”

Pretty much sums up Democrats thoughts on anything....they don't make sense. Originally Posted by texassapper

Rumor has it that he died shortly after that kiss.
I see'd it on the internets, so it must be true.
If the OP was about legislation concerning slavery...well, that would be the 13th amendment in December of 1865 but that was not the question, was it? Notice the text.

The amendment reads, “Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.”

By law, slavery still existed as punishment in the US. Now from a practical facture, slavery exists today as a forbidden topic and work gangs. Oh yes, the NBA is slavery according to several very rich NBA athletes. The OP needs to be more accurate.
If the OP was about legislation concerning slavery...well, that would be the 13th amendment in December of 1865 but that was not the question, was it? Notice the text.

The amendment reads, “Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.”

By law, slavery still existed as punishment in the US. Now from a practical facture, slavery exists today as a forbidden topic and work gangs. Oh yes, the NBA is slavery according to several very rich NBA athletes. The OP needs to be more accurate. Originally Posted by the_real_Barleycorn
practical fracture? you mean feature?