A Few Words On Gas Prices

All of you ultra-conservatives are something else. While the oligarchies that rule the US butt-fuck you, you just bend over and say "thank you can I have another" while blaming it on liberals. Originally Posted by BigLouie
So why the addition of "ultra"? There has to be a story there.

And what does politics have to do with the OP? This is about cause and effect.
This is about economics. Why do you think it has something to do with politics?
Unless that is how you already see it. I think you give yourself away but wanting to
excuse Obama for something. In this case YOU think everyone is blaming Obama
for the high gas prices which kind of means to me that you think it a little bit.
How about a link to this "interesting article"? Originally Posted by ExNYer
You must be new here. We are lucky Big Louise admitted the words were not his.

All of you ultra-conservatives are something else. While the oligarchies that rule the US butt-fuck you, you just bend over and say "thank you can I have another" while blaming it on liberals. Originally Posted by BigLouie
I am not an ultra-conservative but aren't we supposed to be awash in "clean/green energy" by now and able to flip off Putin/the mullahs/terrorists/speculators whenever we want to? Didn't Obama promise that?
Everyone seems to feel that the President has control over gas prices. If Obama would just sign that Keystone bill everything would be fine and the price of gas would drop. Sorry doesn't work that way. Found an interesting article on the web this week talking about the real reason that gas prices fluctuate.

"According to Commodities Futures Trading Commissioner Bart Chilton, “A Goldman Sachs study last year stated that each million barrels of net speculative length in the markets adds as much as eight to 10 cents to the price of a barrel of crude oil.” There’s a 22 percent cut paid to Wall Street speculators before gasoline is refined, he claims, adding that a typical Ford-F150 fill-up will include $14.56 paid to speculators. Yikes! Neither party has a stellar record of curtailing Wall Street excess, but the Economic Populist reports that oil speculation by politically connected hedge funds — including one led by a major donor to “Karl Rove’s network of attack groups” — were a factor in the 2008 oil price spike. The news will, I’m sure, lead all Republican candidates to disavow campaign contributions from such sources."

As we all know Congressmen and Senators are the worst insider traders so it would be no shock to me if a lot were getting rich over speculation that keeps the price at the pump abnormally high and they are not going to do anything about it. Originally Posted by BigLouie
BigFatLouie, the real reason for high gas prices traces back all the way to 1901, when the American Society of City Planners, a nefarious criminal organization, fooled people into a flawed design for the city of Detroit that not only laid the groundwork for its eventual demise and bankruptcy, but also created a city system designed to needlessly inflate the price of gasoline by adding a superfluous 6 feet to every intersection, which causes massive extra mileage to be driven by the millions of cars on the road, wasting the precious resource and artificially inducing heavy increases in demand, thus artificially inflating the price.
OK, JL.

Please highlight where in the post you quoted that Big Louie called you a name, insulted you or even made reference to you.

You claim to be a super conservative. So when he referred to you and your coffee klatsch in the manner, why were you insulted?

So that being the case, why is it necessary for you to personally insult anybody with whom you disagree. You're worse than IBProfen, because at least people attack him for being a worthless lump of monkey shit.

Are you just trying to fit in, or is calling Big Louie Big Fat Louie just easier for you than your standard "Fuck You Faggot?" Damn, JL, you atrocious behavior make it hard to remain civil to you.

I suggest you didn't get enough hand-carved Pastrami in Portland.
A lesson in manners from AssupRidee, DEM, DOTY 2013-2014! You can't make this up!

OK, JL.

Please highlight where in the post you quoted that Big Louie called you a name, insulted you or even made reference to you.

You claim to be a super conservative. So when he referred to you and your coffee klatsch in the manner, why were you insulted?

So that being the case, why is it necessary for you to personally insult anybody with whom you disagree. You're worse than IBProfen, because at least people attack him for being a worthless lump of monkey shit.

Are you just trying to fit in, or is calling Big Louie Big Fat Louie just easier for you than your standard "Fuck You Faggot?" Damn, JL, you atrocious behavior make it hard to remain civil to you.

I suggest you didn't get enough hand-carved Pastrami in Portland. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Now that you mention it, I can't recall where BigFatLouie has insulted me. But I have been calling him that for a long time, so it has become something of a tradition, much like your usual name calling.
and where have I called you any names here.

You're delusional.

You're delusional. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Which personality .... should be assign letters to them .... like ... BBBJ?
Now that you mention it, I can't recall where BigFatLouie has insulted me. But I have been calling him that for a long time, so it has become something of a tradition, much like your usual name calling. Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer
I have come to expect name calling from you instead of honest debate. It seems that is all you can do.
Big Louie, once again it is what you don't do that defines you. You choose to respond to JL about name calling and wonder why no uses honest debate with you. I have used honest debate but you ignore that for the name calling. My only conclusion is that you have no answer so you go with what you got....name calling.
I have come to expect name calling from you instead of honest debate. It seems that is all you can do. Originally Posted by BigLouie
I think you should read more of my posts before you make such a blanket statement.
However, I think you can see exactly what thesis of yours I was ridiculing...

You're delusional. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Ni#$%@ please!!!
I think you should read more of my posts before you make such a blanket statement.
However, I think you can see exactly what thesis of yours I was ridiculing... Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer
I have red a lot of your posts, so I can declare you a dingbat Edith.