We will now have to shoot Chinese lead?

It's not about pollution... it's about causing a shortage of bullets. Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB

chewed the lead paint when you were young?
I've been able to various caliber of bullets at my local Wal-mart recently. Pretty much all rifle rounds except .22s are in stock. 9mm and other pistol rounds hit and miss. Three box limit.
There is a group in this area knows when the truck cones to the local wally world they buy up all 22's and some other popular rounds then sell them on gun broker.
  • CJ7
  • 10-31-2013, 09:25 PM
shoot a shotgun ... buy steel shot.

problem soved
Where you been for the last year? Begin to hoard ? Have you tried to buy ammo in a while? Originally Posted by i'va biggen
Maybe Corneyhole can have Glenna get him some ammo. Of course, he might want to check it and make sure that it fits any of his firearms, otherwise he'll have to resort to a slingshot.
That smelter pumped 59 tons of lead into the air in 2005. There's something wrong with you if you're OK with that....or, are all the scientists and physicians wrong about the harmful effects of lead? That's where we go next, right?

By the way, contrary to the Professor's post, this is not the last lead smelter in the US. It's the last primary lead smelter....there are plenty of secondary smelters around. Originally Posted by timpage
Your so concerned about lead being pumped into the air from a smelter that's hundreds of miles away from you. But I bet you're not one bit concerned or even knowledgeable about a an element that is twice as toxic as lead and you consume it every day.
You know, 59 tons sounds like a lot but it isn't. It just sounds bad like Timmie sounds smart.

According to a green web site 3 million tons of toxic waste is put in the air every year. So lets see 59 tons divded by 3,000,000 and we get .00000196%. Sorry Timmie, you sound stupid and naive.
It just depends on who's ox is being gored.
You know. I don't give a frog's fat ass where your fartknockers get your pellets, mini balls or BBs. Just keep them the fuck outta Clarksville!
While your statement is true, the pollution stays over there, not here. Oops, it gets imported in the talapia, doesn't it? Is there anyway to make it a safe enough business you would live near one? Originally Posted by Bert Jones
Are you kidding me?

The lead pollution is in the AIR. It circles around the globe.

Just like carbon dioxide does. We get just as much greenhouse effect from a pound of CO2 that we put in the air as we get from a pound of CO2 that the Chinese put in the air.

But the Chinese will undoubtedly NOT use the same amount of pollution controls that we use. So, they will pump more lead (just like more CO2) into the air in performing the same manufacturing processes that we would have.

If we put it in the air, it will be 59 tons. If the Chinese do the same manufacturing, they will probably put 65 or 70 tons in the air.
That smelter pumped 59 tons of lead into the air in 2005. There's something wrong with you if you're OK with that....or, are all the scientists and physicians wrong about the harmful effects of lead? That's where we go next, right?

By the way, contrary to the Professor's post, this is not the last lead smelter in the US. It's the last primary lead smelter....there are plenty of secondary smelters around. Originally Posted by timpage
Sounds bad until you consider how heavy lead is. It has a density of 19,100 lbs per cubic yard:

http://www.convert-me.com/en/convert.../denslead.html

So that 59 tons is about 6.17 cubic yards.

That is a cube about 5.5 feet per side. You can fit it easily in a pickup truck bed. Of course, the pickup would be crushed, but that's a different story.

So the real question is how much effect that 5.5 ft cube will have once it is spread through millions of cubic miles of US atmosphere. Not much I would say.

How many lives will be saved? One per decade?
No response by the leftie ninnies about the encroachment of the EPA with uncongressional approved laws or the loss of jobs. Go back and read, a lot of that cost was fines mandated by new regulations. What happened to expo facto? Another blow to the Constitution and we see who's applauding. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Drunk posting again?

"Uncongressional approval"? Is that an approval by an Uncongress?

Is it anything like "without Congressional approval".

And "expo" facto? Does that have something to do with facts relating to an exposition?

Is that anything like "ex post facto"?

Another blow to literacy and we see who's spouting it.
Hey it was late and I was writing fast....and you understood exactly what I was saying didn't you?

When you are going to impact an entire industry and destroy jobs I would think that this would be something that the voice of the people should be heard. Unelected people making such far reaching regs is a sign of a tyranny.

Oh, I don't drink so don't sound stupid with dumb charges though I have been running a lowgrade fever the last few days off and on. Damn kids are carrying pestilence.
Actually there is movement of removing lead from bullets for hunting. California became the first state in the nation to forbid using lead bullets for all forms of hunting.