So how to profit from the coming collapse?

• oeb11
  • 09-10-2020, 03:03 PM
Shame about your business.

Fauxahontas / Bernie/ AOC are all rejoicing at every closure.

Fauxahontas / Bernie/ AOC are all rejoicing at every closure. Originally Posted by oeb11

Thanks for the sincerity....
I mean a serious stock market decling along with a substantial infrastucture/govt services outage.

So do you care to share? Other than reading "King Rat?" Yeah, I know about shorting the market.

. Originally Posted by gnadfly
well there are so many variables to your question

if theres a collapse, is there inflation and the dollar loses value?

the old gold is a store of value would seem to be a worthless idea

in a complete collapse you want food, water, fortified housing, weapons, a fuel depo and generators, maybe a self defense compact with neighbors

oh and medicines

and try to take the high ground

steer clear of partnering with people who look like the stereotypical guy in the movies who sneak eats all the provisions the first day
Worked out fine for me. Was furloughed for 2 months--- unemployment didn't cover my entire income-- but enough for me to be stable.

My small business though-- might not survive. Originally Posted by Grace Preston
So unemployment didn't cover your entire income. You were furloughed and your small business may not survivel.

Not my definition of "fine" but sarcasm though the interweb is sometimes difficult.

well there are so many variables to your question

if theres a collapse, is there inflation and the dollar loses value?

the old gold is a store of value would seem to be a worthless idea

in a complete collapse you want food, water, fortified housing, weapons, a fuel depo and generators, maybe a self defense compact with neighbors

oh and medicines

and try to take the high ground

steer clear of partnering with people who look like the stereotypical guy in the movies who sneak eats all the all the provisions the first day Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought
Correct in there are a lot of undefined variables in my scenario. Generally, you answered the question by "being prepared and perhaps bartering."

Thanks for the response, not trying to bust your balls.
  • oeb11
  • 09-10-2020, 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oeb11

Fauxahontas / Bernie/ AOC are all rejoicing at every closure.

Grace - Thanks for the sincerity....

I am sincere about it. .

so are the marxist DPST leadership and minions.
Thanks for the response, not trying to bust your balls. Originally Posted by gnadfly
my balls are unbustable

i was being tongue in cheek also, in a way, but not wanting to appear to be snarky to you

just there's much in the way of not knowing
When I say "fine"... I mean-- I've been through far worse. My small business was relatively new anyhow... and if it collapses entirely-- there's no reason why I couldn't resurrect it in a couple of years.

I had no struggle. No questions about being able to pay bills, eat, etc.
  • oeb11
  • 09-10-2020, 03:50 PM
God Bless - Grace

sincerely!
Signage -

Residents are armed with rifles and a backhoe
Turn back now. Originally Posted by oeb11

what do you do with a backhoe?
what do you do with a backhoe? Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm

Guess that all depends on what the hoe in the front is doing!

<Ba-Dum-Tissssss>

....... I'll see myself out
Signage -

Residents are armed with rifles and a backhoe
Turn back now. Originally Posted by oeb11
what do you do with a backhoe? Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm

Umm .. you dig a ditch and bury the bitch said Barnacle Bill the Sailor?

BAHHAHHHAAAAAAA
  • oeb11
  • 09-11-2020, 09:24 AM
TWK - lt's just bury the DPST trespasser terrorists.
sell ammo and food
sell ammo and food Originally Posted by rexdutchman
Just drive.

Retailers are scrambling to find trucks amid the pandemic, generating record-smashing pay for drivers

https://www.businessinsider.com/truc...navirus-2020-9

. . . many of the truck drivers who left in 2019 and earlier this year aren't coming back, said Craig Fuller, CEO of trucking data company FreightWaves. Lots of them retired: The average truck driver is in their early to mid-50s. Another explanation: Industries with jobs that allow blue-collar laborers to stay close to home are booming, like food delivery and construction.

"It doesn't seem that people are taking trucking jobs for some reason," Fuller told Business Insider. "We think that certain jobs — construction, Instacart, Uber Eats — all these other jobs are taking from the same labor pool of truck drivers."

• oeb11
  • 09-11-2020, 12:42 PM
Trespass
Then feel the Burn.

Robespierre was a French revolutionary - guillotied by his own revolution.

See the analogy - 9500????
I doubt that.