Widows & Widowers

Widower....Lost wife and daughter to traffic accident 25 years ago.....as the others have said, nothing can prepare you, nothing anyone can say will make it easier. I pray anyone that lives it has family and friends to help them through

Gentlemantoo, I've feel your pain everyday brother. There is a hole in my heart I will always have.
I too am a widower. Lost her several years ago to a stroke and had to take her off life support. Lost the last member of my family 12 days ago, my older brother to liver cancer. Just me now. When you're the youngest in the family, they don't tell you that you have to watch everyone go. I'm okay though. Just God awful hurt.
l will not try to equate myself to anyone here. I can't imagine it, I can't fathom it. I am sorry for the pain and suffering every one of you have endured and I hope every day is a little better than yesterday.

Thank each and every one of you for opening up and I hope somewhere in this messed up world, you all find some relief. Live a little better than you did yesterday because the one you loved would want that.
Makes my heart ache to read these stories. Lost my Dad to Pancreatic Cancer in April after a fierce but short 9 month battle so this will be the first one without him. I absolutely cannot fathom losing a spouse or significant other. Wont' even pretend to but I hope this forum provides an avenue for the ones of you who have to open up and let it out. I hope each and every one of you are better tomorrow than you were today and that process continues to repeat itself day after day.