Goodyear and the price of wokeness

He also votes by mail, lemmings.
that's old news

do try to keep up
Goodyear has disavowed this "woke" BS and we should move on. They make good tires and employ 60,000 US workers. Originally Posted by friendly fred

the fact is they reportedly showed this woke shit in a company presentation. their "walk back" of wokeness is rather tepid. as they catch more heat from Trump they'll make a more forceful stand but it doesn't whitewash their woke shit. most companies don't allow any so-called self-expression at work anyway. they call it "business attire" for a reason.

the jobs in the US don't give them any slack for being woke fucktards.and while it's been awhile the last set of Goodyear's i bought were shit. a set of 35x15 AT off road tires. barely got 40k miles on them and that asshole at the Goodyear shop acted like he was doing me a favor when i'd come in to get them rotated every 5,000 miles which is their own recommendation. actually that's industry standard but not the point. this asshole actually initially refused to do the rotation because i was "short" by 100 miles. i knew that but most other tires shops wouldn't even question it, close enough and i had a reason i wanted them rotated, i was taking 2 weeks vacation and was going to put about 4,000 miles on my truck on an extended road trip across the southwest and wanted them both rotated and the balance checked. he relented and did the work, for free of course. i told him i'll be back soon. he probably didn't believe me but i was back very soon after dropping 4k on those tires in 2 weeks. of course i made sure i went over 5,000 miles this time. yeah .. 5,010 miles. bahaaa. those shit tires were already wearing badly. didn't even consider Goodyear when it was time to replace the set, went to General Tire about bought a set of AT's from them and got 65k out of them. haven't considered Goodyear since.
This woke shit is the New PC movement
DPST's are not well enough educated - nor have the attention span thinking is hard Originally Posted by rexdutchman
I buy Michelin’s. Much better tire. I’ve been to Akron many times. Usually to play Firestone. Great place. A golf Mecca. Ken Stewart’s is one of the best restaurants in the country.
For what it is worth, Goodyear is denying it. Or semi-denying it:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/19/polit...ure/index.html

The money quote is:
----------------------------------
Goodyear issued a statement following the President's tweet stating "the visual in question was not created or distributed by Goodyear corporate," but that it asks its associates to "refrain from workplace expressions in support of political campaigning for any candidate or political party, as well as similar forms of advocacy that fall outside the scope of racial justice and equity issues."
The company also stated that it has "always wholeheartedly supported both equality and law enforcement and will continue to do so."
-----------------------------------

Of course, saying that "Goodyear corporate" did not create or distribute it does not mean that a lower level local office didn't do it.

It also does not eliminate the possibility that someone in the company hired some outside "diversity training" consultant who then produced the slideshow in question.

There is too much weasel wording to know for sure.
I buy Michelin’s. Much better tire. I’ve been to Akron many times. Usually to play Firestone. Great place. A golf Mecca. Ken Stewart’s is one of the best restaurants in the country. Originally Posted by bambino
lol. didn't mention it in my reply to the friendly one but i put Michelins on my current truck. highway tires, I'm done with the lifted trucks and oversize tires. Michelin doesn't even make oversize AT's. not much of a market for them. i go to discount tire now. excellent customer service. i was there to get a new set of tires after the set that was on the truck when i bought it were down to about 5k miles left which is the safe limit. so I'm waiting for the job to be done and the manager comes over and says "Mr. Waco, we have a problem with one of your rims". I'm thinking "oh fuck, I've got a bent or cracked rim. that's gonna cost out the ass at Toyota!"

so i go out to the shop with this guy and he tells me that one of the plastic center caps broke, another is cracked. i look at him and say "man, i thought you said we had a problem! that's just plastic decorative caps to cover up the axle". he tells me that many customers freak out when these cheap center caps break. and they break all the time on just about every brand not just Toyota. i tell this dude don't worry about it. he thanks me for actually being a reasonable customer. i make a joke that those two caps will cost me about 30 bucks each at Toyota. he laughs and nods.

so my truck is ready and as i pay the counter guy the manager comes in from the shop and hands me two brand new grey Toyota center caps. i say "ok, how much are they?" he says, "they are free, Mr. Waco". see what not being an hyper asshole gets you?

as i go out to the lot i see several suit types talking to the manager, they were there for the usual check-in at the shop. so i make a point to go over and ask .. "are you guys with discount tires corporate?" the guy looks a bit worried like i was going to complain but he says "yes, I'm the regional director". the manager has a sly smile as he knows what's coming. i tell that director what happened with my center caps and that the manager gave me two new ones for free because i didn't make a big nothingburger out of it. told him my already high opinion of discount tires just went up a notch. i think i made that guy's day. lol
hey Waco Michelin does make " off road tires" under BF Goodrich

And Employees have pictures of the HR sides so sadly there getting in politico PC BS the new Woke
companies should at all costs stay outa the BS
Awe poor little trumpy got his feelings hurt again. So sad n unforgettable!!!!!!???. It's on with Twitter now since the idiot in chief has nothing better to do. If only his daily high security briefings could be on Twitter or faux news. He might have a fkn clue lol
hey Waco Michelin does make " off road tires" under BF Goodrich

And Employees have pictures of the HR sides so sadly there getting in politico PC BS the new Woke
companies should at all costs stay outa the BS Originally Posted by rexdutchman
so they do .. even 35x15 size.

https://www.tirebuyer.com/tires/bf-g.../p/TV100000928

that would be ok for my Toyota DX but i ran 37x15 on my Dodge 2500 turbo diesel which was larger than the recommended 36x15 for the Fabtech 6" lift kit. i knew perfectly well they would rub in the front fender wells so i had a plan for that. took me some searching but i found a set of large fender flares for the truck. i needed 3" width to be legal in Texas, yes in Texas and most other states you can't just throw a set of extra wide 12.5 tires on your truck and have them sticking way out of the fender wells. it's dangerous in rain doing that, both for you and some poor schumk in a small car next to you. you'll throw a wall of water all over him.

so i got the set of 4 flares, contacted a guy a friend recommended that was semi-retired and had owned a body shop for decades, did side jobs out of his garage for the fun of it. so i go over and give him the run down, tell him these 37x15 tires are going to rub and cut into the front tires. tell him what i needed him to do is after i get the truck lifted and the new tires on, i needed him to bob the front fender wells to make them fit. he says "yeah i can do that". quotes me 400 bucks to do all the work. so i get the truck from 4wheelparts after they installed the lift kit and new tires, also had to buy new rims to fit the 12.5 width. sure enough they rubbed and bad. it wasn't really streetable let alone ready for serious off roading which was the whole point of the lift kit.

so i immediately go over and drop off the truck to this guy and come back three days later when he called and said he was done. for 400 bucks this guy not only cut away the back of the front fenders wells and angled it at 45 degrees for plenty of clearance, he fabbed a triangular piece of metal and welded it in to cover the holes and re-painted the flares gloss black. he even painted the metal pieces black to match the wheel wells. it looked factory. never had any issues with the tires rubbing not even when 4wheeling. guy did a great job for a good price.
  • oeb11
  • 08-20-2020, 01:01 PM
Awe poor little trumpy got his feelings hurt again. So sad n unforgettable!!!!!!???. It's on with Twitter now since the idiot in chief has nothing better to do. If only his daily high security briefings could be on Twitter or faux news. He might have a fkn clue lol Originally Posted by Tsmokies

Master Troll baiting!
Awe poor little trumpy got his feelings hurt again. So sad n unforgettable!!!!!!???. It's on with Twitter now since the idiot in chief has nothing better to do. If only his daily high security briefings could be on Twitter or faux news. He might have a fkn clue lol Originally Posted by Tsmokies
one tweet dropped Goodyear stock 3%. might drop even lower.

this might be hard for a dim bulb like u to understand but every time the wokesters have come after companies like Chick-Fil-A their sales volume has increased. when Trump tweets about Goodyear's woke crap their stock dropped.

still think Trump can't influence the markets and business?

BAHHAHAAAAAA
lol. didn't mention it in my reply to the friendly one but i put Michelins on my current truck. highway tires, I'm done with the lifted trucks and oversize tires. Michelin doesn't even make oversize AT's. not much of a market for them. i go to discount tire now. excellent customer service. i was there to get a new set of tires after the set that was on the truck when i bought it were down to about 5k miles left which is the safe limit. so I'm waiting for the job to be done and the manager comes over and says "Mr. Waco, we have a problem with one of your rims". I'm thinking "oh fuck, I've got a bent or cracked rim. that's gonna cost out the ass at Toyota!"

so i go out to the shop with this guy and he tells me that one of the plastic center caps broke, another is cracked. i look at him and say "man, i thought you said we had a problem! that's just plastic decorative caps to cover up the axle". he tells me that many customers freak out when these cheap center caps break. and they break all the time on just about every brand not just Toyota. i tell this dude don't worry about it. he thanks me for actually being a reasonable customer. i make a joke that those two caps will cost me about 30 bucks each at Toyota. he laughs and nods.

so my truck is ready and as i pay the counter guy the manager comes in from the shop and hands me two brand new grey Toyota center caps. i say "ok, how much are they?" he says, "they are free, Mr. Waco". see what not being an hyper asshole gets you?

as i go out to the lot i see several suit types talking to the manager, they were there for the usual check-in at the shop. so i make a point to go over and ask .. "are you guys with discount tires corporate?" the guy looks a bit worried like i was going to complain but he says "yes, I'm the regional director". the manager has a sly smile as he knows what's coming. i tell that director what happened with my center caps and that the manager gave me two new ones for free because i didn't make a big nothingburger out of it. told him my already high opinion of discount tires just went up a notch. i think i made that guy's day. lol Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid
Of all the vehicles I’ve had in my life, I’ve never had a truck. Tahoe’s, Expeditions, CK 5 Blazers, but never a truck. I got sold on Michelin Pilots when I bought a 2006 VW Pheaton. It had Michelin Pilots. Great tires. I tried a different tires when the Michelin’s needed replaced, but they were noisy and didn’t ride as nice. They are pricey, but worth it IMO. I’m tooling around in a Telluride SX prestige. Factory equipped with Michelin’s. Great ride and quiet.
lol this isn't even about trump dude
  • oeb11
  • 08-20-2020, 02:30 PM
Everything is about Trump to the marxist DPST Master Troll Baiter.
That's so god damn stupid it's funny LOL