feel stupid asking but (car input)

I am a Buick and caddy suv girl all the way. I haven't even taken my caddy out of storage yet and most likely wont, I just had it detailed before i put it away and hell it was snowing last night and this morning.
I can't thank you gents enough for your input and PMS, i really appreciate the help. I am going to wait a bit and do more research. I think if there are no more recalls or chaos that I find after digging more I may take the jump. Originally Posted by Lexxxy
If your heart is really set on a particular car then get it. Buying cars is never 100% risk free. I think one of the biggest differences between new vs used is financing. You generally get lower rates financing a new car. But if you're buying it outright that doesn't matter. If you're not going to finance then you can probably get more bang for your buck buying used.
FWIW, I typically buy a car new (but not a new model) after consulting with Consumer Reports on performance and reliability and keep it for about 7 years.
I only buy foreign cars.
  • GP
  • 04-04-2013, 06:36 PM
Get a motorcycle.
Get a motorcycle. Originally Posted by GP
After watching 2 of my family members get dragged under a truck on one after a drunk driver with a suspended license crossed over and hit them head dragging them to their deaths a month before their wedding I'll pass, too dangerous. My dad was a Harley guy for 20 years and sold his after that. I am so over tiny cars too once I hit a deer doing 75 in my 2 door little civic the damn car crumpled up and fell apart. I was in so much pain for a week I vowed never again. Plus in my neck of the woods dead deer scatter the road and we have bear crossing signs haha.
civi cars Originally Posted by Lexxxy
I have a hobby car. Originally Posted by Lexxxy
we all do, everyone does. Whew
I used to believe that as well. Cars in the 70's and 80's were just so BAD and every car was unique and not in a good way. I also believe that has changed. The manufacturing process is now under control. My last several new cars were every bit as cheap as the same car 1yr old used because of factory incentives and dealer discounts. $3900 rebates and deep dealer discounts on ordinary sedans. For me it no longer pays to buy used.
The car is worn out by now
Like I want this car so badly I didn't go to Europe this winter and I'm not going to the Caribbean this summer Originally Posted by Lexxxy
Difficulty making ends meet? try making real sacrifice by giving up a nasty habit and reap the rewards. and check the weather, hurricane season has started in the tropics No one does winter like the Bolsheviks tho whew