Lonesome Dove

• Bliss
  • 06-18-2010, 10:14 AM
I never saw the miniseries until about a year ago. We were staying at a hotel and flipping thru channels and came upon it. We caught it somewhere in the middle. We seriously considered getting another day because we didn't want to stop watching. We went right home and bought the dvd. It's fantastic. I will watch anything with Robert Duvall or Christopher Walken. Even a mediocre movie is worth watching if they are in it.

One of the best lines ever "Just once in my life I'd like to shoot an educated man."
Hey now...some of us like the "depressing, everyone-is-doomed" feel.
A good depressing read+This Mortal Coil on the IPod=blisssssss

. Originally Posted by LynetteMarie
I love This Mortal Coil. I think that depressing music, books and movies has a beauty to it that is hard to find in media that is more upbeat.
  • jfred
  • 06-18-2010, 03:29 PM
The movie was very good, indeed. But for me it failed, in several measures, to match the book. In the movie Blue Duck was a pretty bad guy but I still get the shivers from how the book portrayed him.

Someone mentioned McCarthy. I know you've probably already seen the movie, but read The Road.
  • oden
  • 06-18-2010, 03:54 PM
The movie was very good, indeed. But for me it failed, in several measures, to match the book. In the movie Blue Duck was a pretty bad guy but I still get the shivers from how the book portrayed him.

Someone mentioned McCarthy. I know you've probably already seen the movie, but read The Road. Originally Posted by jfred
I had to pause reading McCarthy after that one. I recognize its literary quality but I hate the way it made me feel.
Yo brother, if you like Broke Back Mountain it's ok by me, I don't swing that way but you ain't gotta down Capt Gus just cause you do!

Originally Posted by WTF

Lonesome Dove, Broke Back Mountain, Titanic have cost me many hours of my life. I want a refund. I usually like Duvall, but not Lonesome Dove.
  • oden
  • 06-18-2010, 09:54 PM
Well of course because you are in a state of confusion!
  • oden
  • 06-23-2010, 09:39 PM
Just finished watching it and now I want a poke.
It was the best TV mini-series I have ever seen. And quite frankly, the book was even better!