fireyjade's thread on the big board

• TBONE
  • 12-28-2009, 06:18 PM
The only way you'll be removing it here is if you're turning it over to me! wow!
I am so glad that Tara let me in on the great secret of ECCIE and I found my way here. I am seriously considering having my account there closed. I am not going to have this done just yet but i do feel it comming and it makes me sad because ASPD was one of the very first places that i started advertising at i have many great reviews there but there is so much drama there now that its almost not even worth it.
I guested on ASPD yesterday. I just cannot see giving anymore money to owners that show nothing but contempt for the members.
It's Horse shit!!!

( I dunno if thats one word or two but I'm confused over there )

Not just contempt for paying members. Not just ASPD, it seems over the years admins/mods I've known on more than one board complained their many long unpaid hours were met with unreasonable demands and expectations from the owners. This includes non-hobby boards as well.

Not to White Knight anyone, but never owning a board or mod'ing anywhere, I have to think ownership is more stressful than we might think.
Ownership of any business can be very stressful. The owner is responsible for everything. To make any business successful they also have to have quality people under them to help manage the business. And of course nothing is better then great providers and clients for their business
I just saw on Chevalier's blog that fj announced on aspd the site was closing. Her post is copied on the blog. Says it was was posted at 4:23, today. However, I don't see it on aspd.
Ok, I see where Hambone posted something telling people to get ready for aspd to shut down and retrieve any information that they may need.

http://www.aspd.net/showthread.php?threadid=491562
I just saw on Chevalier's blog that fj announced on aspd the site was closing. Her post is copied on the blog. Says it was was posted at 4:23, today. However, I don't see it on aspd. Originally Posted by cabletex7
Look at the announcement pinned to the top of most forums.