Does cooking help sex?

Lobster and Dungeness Crab definitely are a great way to get me in the mood. However, I think I would opt for the restaurant as opposed to throwing screaming live lobster into hot boiling water,might kill the feeling
Lobster and Dungeness Crab definitely are a great way to get me in the mood. However, I think I would opt for the restaurant as opposed to throwing screaming live lobster into hot boiling water,might kill the feeling Originally Posted by tylorblake
My SO thought she wanted to try lobster, and she ordered it when we visited Martha's Vineyard about 14 years ago. Something told me this was not a match made in heaven, and I ordered something I knew she would eat. When the lobster was served (sitting up and looking at her), she balked. We traded plates and finished the meal. She didn't realize how it would be served. She hasn't had lobster since.
I had lobster this past weekend in Maine (sauteed then roasted, and a lobster roll). Great to be near the source.
I had lobster this past weekend in Maine (sauteed then roasted, and a lobster roll). Great to be near the source. Originally Posted by SR Only
Yeah, the last good lobster I had was in Maine around 1999. It has been too long...
I had lobster this past weekend in Maine (sauteed then roasted, and a lobster roll). Great to be near the source. Originally Posted by SR Only
What has happened to the pricing? Last season I heard reports of it selling wholesale for $2 to $3/pound. I saw live Maine lobster in the local (ATL) grocery for $8 or $10. Generally attributed to a combination of a very good harvest (is the the correct term? crop?) and the economy/lack of demand.
What has happened to the pricing? Last season I heard reports of it selling wholesale for $2 to $3/pound. I saw live Maine lobster in the local (ATL) grocery for $8 or $10. Generally attributed to a combination of a very good harvest (is the the correct term? crop?) and the economy/lack of demand. Originally Posted by atlcomedy
Maybe people think Maine is on the Gulf Coast.

Also, maybe the cost of trucking them there was $6 - $7 a pound.
Maybe people think Maine is on the Gulf Coast.

Also, maybe the cost of trucking them there was $6 - $7 a pound. Originally Posted by charlestudor2005

No not the gulf coast & I know there is a cost of not only shipping them but "housing" them in a tank once shipped, but the normal grocery price was $20-$30+/lb until last year
Gotcha now. Maybe it was a bumper crop. And in combination with the economy.

Restaurants are supposed to be feeling the crunch...especially seafood restaurants due to the Gulf Coast mess.

Just like provider rates, market drives the prices.
Yeah, I was more asking if the Maine Lobster prices have rebounded from last year.

I will be interested to see what the actual BP/Spill impact will be on both cost & availability for seafood from that region.

I really haven't seen it yet (speaking only as a consumer)
What has happened to the pricing? Last season I heard reports of it selling wholesale for $2 to $3/pound. I saw live Maine lobster in the local (ATL) grocery for $8 or $10. Generally attributed to a combination of a very good harvest (is the the correct term? crop?) and the economy/lack of demand. Originally Posted by atlcomedy
Well ATL you are in luck, no lobster on the lunch menu.

http://www.bonesrestaurant.com/menus/?m=lunch

http://www.bonesrestaurant.com/menus/?m=lunch Originally Posted by Ansley
Just looking at that makes me drool

http://www.bonesrestaurant.com/menus/?m=lunch Originally Posted by Ansley
There is, however, lobster bisque.

[But no prices. Arrrgh. Takes me to another thread. LOL]
There is, however, lobster bisque.

[But no prices. Arrrgh. Takes me to another thread. LOL] Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
They do (I think??) have prices on the physical menu at the place, but I rarely order off the menu....

More often my order consists of, "you know what really sounds good....."

and the reply is usually, "Mr. Atlcomedy, that does sound good. We'll have that out shortly."

That place (Bone's) is my #1 place here in town, bar none.
They do (I think??) have prices on the physical menu at the place, but I rarely order off the menu....

More often my order consists of, "you know what really sounds good....."

and the reply is usually, "Mr. Atlcomedy, that does sound good. We'll have that out shortly."

That place (Bone's) is my #1 place here in town, bar none. Originally Posted by atlcomedy
As long as it's in the house you can order it. Maybe I will have that lobster after all.
From what I remember it was about $12 to $16 a pound retail in a tourist town. Hey Ans com'n up north and we'll have a lobster dinner (or as they say in Maine: "lobsta").