Should Houston be dismantled?

ignor the raceist pussycat Originally Posted by Zhuǎnshì
Who is the one obsessed with race when a post about flooding is an occasion to play the race card LOL?

yes, Houston is pretty much a drained Swamp/Marsh from about I-10 and Barker Cypress to Downtown. However my friends in Katy had water up to their roofs. Did not matter where you lived. North, South, East and West. When you get 50" of rain over 3 days...not much you can do. Originally Posted by RALPHEY BOY
Katy has no drainage. Katy used to be nothing but rice paddies. Not all of Houston flooded.
Who is the one obsessed with race when a post about flooding is an occasion to play the race card LOL?

Originally Posted by pussycat
they were being racist towards you
they were being racist towards you Originally Posted by Zhuǎnshì
Way to back peddle little tree. Your racist remarks about " those other people from Katrina moving to Houston, now gonna be able to go back to new Orleans ", were in very poor taste and racist. You are a miserable racist little troll like wake up!!!!!!!!!
  • Loxly
  • 09-04-2017, 10:55 PM
I doubt very seriously that anyone is going to attend a funeral for one of the hurricane victims, lean over their caskets and whisper "I told you so!"

Whenever it's all tolled the storm will probably claim less lives than a month of "lead poisoning" in Chicago.
I raped & stabbed a bitch in Houston one time...
Houston is surrounded by agriculture, which consumes water. It sits atop the well waters that have supported agriculture. The area has sunk significantly over the years, some sinking can be measured in feet.

In addition, more development has replaced open land with concrete, increasing the runoff.

It drains West to East, and it's bayous and drainage systems are archaic.

No strategic plan I'm aware of to address any of it. Trillions is what it would take, and the ostriches continue to stick their heads in the sand. Originally Posted by Zhivago52
You're right in that there is no plan. When New Orleans got it half the people left and never came back. The same should happen to Houston. I know of several large corporations who are considering leaving because their operations have been interrupted so badly. That includes insurance companies and banks. It's just too much, and the cost of repairing everything is excessive. Say goodbye.
All this doom and gloom. Houston is going no where. It's a big city, some specific areas may not recover, but the city itself is going to keep moving right along.
So was New Orleans.
"Really Ignorant Thinkin" applies to everything pussycat writes. Houston dismantled... what a complete idiot this guy is. Originally Posted by Cap'n Crunch
First, Pussycat must find his magic wand to dismantle Houston.
Check the dirty clothes basket and under the couch cushions.

Then leave Houston alone and just make the flood water disappear.
Everything's better, and no more problems.

While you have your magic wand, use it to repair current damage in Houston.
And repair adult stupidity.
And prevent "Really Ignorant Thinking"
And Make America Great Again.
lol...what a stupid fucking question