Mort Sahl, dust in the wind

I prefer Jerry Clower. Long long gone
I gotta look 'em up! Thanks.
Was he political?

I'll keep looking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AX9QoFhEhI

Posting without listening. Hope it's not gonna cawst mih sum points.
No points I guarantee. Hes CLEAN. Just a folksy Country Boy.
Yeah? But the "coon huntin'"? You know.

Raccoon huntin

I swear. City slickers
  • oeb11
  • 10-27-2021, 03:49 PM
Raccoon hunting ' - and Eatin'!
  • oeb11
  • 10-27-2021, 03:51 PM

Dead in mind,heart, soul, and any semblance of sense.

Just , completely, thoroughly Dead - except in the minds of those with homoerotic fantasies.
Always on ignore.

I believe you. I don't want to insult you but history is worth knowing. Don't just look forward. And remember to give back. Originally Posted by eccieuser9500
What lessons are learned from the HISTORY of marxist ideology...
What lessons are learned from the HISTORY of marxist ideology... Originally Posted by bb1961

Do you get it?

The Most Important Quotes From Charles Dickens's 'Oliver Twist'

https://www.thoughtco.com/oliver-twist-quotes-740958

Human Nature

Dickens was admired not only as a novelist but also as a social critic, and in "Oliver Twist," he uses his sharp eye to dissect the weaknesses of human nature. The social canvas of the novel, which includes the poor underclass of London and the criminal justice system designed to contain it, allows Dickens to explore what happens when humans are reduced to the basest conditions.

Society and Class

As the story of a poor orphan and, more generally, the downtrodden, "Oliver Twist" is filled with Dickens' thoughts about the role of class in English society. The author is highly critical of the institutions that protect the upper classes while leaving the poor to starve and die. Throughout the book, Dickens raises questions about how society organizes itself and treats its worst-off members.

What lessons are learned from the HISTORY of marxist ideology... Originally Posted by bb1961

Do you get it?

Wisconsin’s child labor bill epitomizes decaying US power

https://www.globaltimes.cn/page/202110/1237282.shtml

If something like this happens in China or other countries to which the US is hostile, there could be a moral carnival for US media outlets. They will use eye-catching headlines and fierce words such as "slavery" and "oppression" to attack those countries. But as it is actually happening in the US, only a few outlets pay attention. A handful of their bland reports can hardly attract the attention of the whole country. Unconsciously, the double standard of the US on such issues has harmed the US itself. It has lowered its own moral standards, making American society as a whole apathetic.

If the young people are strong, the country will be strong. At the very least, US' failure to protect the rights and interests of the child will only harm the teenagers and their families. More broadly, it will affect the improvement of the whole country's moral fiber. This will cause irreparable damage to the US. As a result, the US decay will be accelerated as well.