Hotel rooms - is it more discreet to have interior or exterior entrances into room

Ed, I take it back about the RIs. ..that have doors that open onto a breezeway, or a stairwell platform that is shared with about 3 other rooms. Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
No problem Charles, I was just mentioning it because I just stayed at a Hilton Garden and a Marriot Residence Inn recently where the door opened to an exterior landing in a stairwell shared with 2 or 3 others just like you mentioned...The Mariott was a 2-bedroom loft (like a condo) with a fireplace just like the OP was looking talking about....
Charles,

A condo(minium) is a legal term where a specified part of a piece of real estate is individually owned while use of and access to common areas is shared.

Condos can be built in any number of ways to include interior or exterior entries. Originally Posted by atlcomedy
Yeah, I probably should have said "condo-like," to show I was talking about the architecture and not the character of the realty. I do know what a condo is. The deed even spells out what percentage of the estate you own.
Yeah, I probably should have said "condo-like," to show I was talking about the architecture and not the character of the realty. I do know what a condo is. The deed even spells out what percentage of the estate you own. Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
but at the risk of beating a dead horse....condo-like doesn't help either because condos look like just about anything...from what you were suggesting to a luxury highrise with all interior entrances
Id much rather go straight to the room door from outside than through a lobby.
If a provider was in a fancy downtown hotel.. well for starters I couldnt afford her if she were, but would def feel intimidated being a working class schlub walking past valets and a concierge on my way to naughty-bad-fun.
Interior and I find ones where the front desk isnt right there as you come in either
Id much rather go straight to the room door from outside than through a lobby.
If a provider was in a fancy downtown hotel.. well for starters I couldnt afford her if she were, but would def feel intimidated being a working class schlub walking past valets and a concierge on my way to naughty-bad-fun. Originally Posted by PaganGuy
+1
being a blue collar, tool belt working type of guy I just don't fit walking through those places...
but at the risk of beating a dead horse....condo-like doesn't help either because condos look like just about anything...from what you were suggesting to a luxury highrise with all interior entrances Originally Posted by atlcomedy
Yeah, I guess I should have posted a pic since I'm apparently so lousy at writing in the English language. This is one I found. Notice the separate buildings and exterior entrances:
Attached Images File Type: jpg RI.jpg (11.4 KB, 106 views)
I prefer a hotel incall, as it is much more discrete to approach from the inside. Outer door and you never know who is out there watching. As far as the front desk, I usually smile, wave and say hi on my way by. Condos work as well.
I prefer interior vs exterior because interior they probably have other things going on inside the hotel so it doesnt attract attention. Versus an exterior where nosy bystanding can always be watching.
Ed, I take it back about the RIs. Most I have stayed in had doors that opened onto a hallway. However, there are some that are build like condos...I've stayed in only about 3...that have doors that open onto a breezeway, or a stairwell platform that is shared with about 3 other rooms. Originally Posted by charlestudor2005

Most RI in the south are the condo type that open up to the outside. I stay mostly at Hyatt or Hyatt Place hotels now.
One of the best hotels / motels I went to was a Hawthorne Inn. They are like a Residence Inn and this was the super suite.

had an upstairs bedroom loft and bathroom, downstairs, large living room with a nice sectional. Big dining room table sat 6. and a nice fold out Murphy bed (queen sized) kitchen and downstairs bathroom.

There were some ladies in Houston who used to rent a 3 bedroom condo about 7 miles from me and used it as their incall location. Essentially they would go there and hang out if they had an appointment that day and because they all knew about each other's appointments they could be discrete.

Nice thing is that all the bedrooms were upstairs so while one lady was taking care of a client, another could have one come over... each had their own room, set up their own way.

But it was NOT where they lived.
It looks like interior entrances win

Thank you all for your comments.
Over all Interior and the ability to walk in, go to the stairway or elevator without having to check in at the desk.

There are 4-5 star hotel in Sw Houston that I have seen ladies at. I parked across the street in a shopping center parking lot since Valet parking costs $$ (she told me where to park) walked in and went straight to the elevator then to her floor and room. She told me over the phone where the elevators are and they were out of sight of the desk.

I am sure the place has video security, even in the hallways but lets be honest here.... if they raise a rucus about a guest having a visitor for 1-2 hours, might not go well for them in the court of public opinion.
Well I think even asking which one is more discreet is a retarded question hello let me think doors on the inside of a 12 story hotel or doors on the outside of a 3 story motel...hmmmm...you tell me?
Residence Inn is nice but it tends to have a lot of families that stay there versus business men. indoor suites are nice because we can blend in and no one will ever pick up on what you are doing. staybridge...homewood suites are some good ones...