Lets find out where we all stand.

#4 but the states with fucked up laws need to elect people who will fix them...

As far as dueling goes EVA, I can accommodate with pistol, rifle, knife, or sword. I do (or have done) pretty well with all four. Anything you have in mind like flame throwers? Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
You've been in a knife fight?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
As far as dueling goes EVA, I can accommodate with pistol, rifle, knife, or sword. I do (or have done) pretty well with all four. Anything you have in mind like flame throwers?

You've been in a knife fight? Originally Posted by JCM800
Apparently a sword and multiple forms of gun fight as well. To my way of thinking, with that kind of life or death combat experience, 'pretty well' isn't good enough. Xbox or PS?
You've been in a knife fight? Originally Posted by JCM800
I have, with a dull knife.
Moronic bullshit.

Obama, Benghazi, guns.

oh yeah... NEEEEGROES!

Limited options here.
I have, with a dull knife. Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB
Yep, you are dull knife"s sweet ass iffy.
Knife-training only
Sword-I've competed locally with the epee'
rifle-best rifle shot at my command
pistol-I spent years practicing my quick draw

As the man said, "how's your speed? Pretty good. How's your aim? Very good."

As for the OP, as much as I would like no restrictions I would not like to have felons, the mentally imbalanced, and the total fuck ups legally carrying firearms and in many cases possessing them. So I have to support some restrictions.
I think we need to know where some of us stand and others need to go on record. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Why?
pistol-I spent years practicing my quick draw Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
Is there a need for everyone to carry a Firearm? "No". Should sane, responsible, Law Abiding people that wish to do so be allowed to? "Yes". Unfortunately it has been beaten into the Public Mindset by the Media and Politicians that "Guns" are responsible for the violence that Plagues our Modern American Society instead of the People perpetrating the acts. We are not supposed to defend ourselves against armed violent assailants. But rather call 911 and an armed Law Enforcement Officer will show up in a timely enough manner to save our life/keep us from being assaulted/Robbed, etc. Yeah, right.
I voted for #4 although I admit waffling between #3 and #4.

Simple question for those who answered #5 and for JD who came close to answering 5.

Do you believe that you should have the right to carry a handgun into my home when I don't want you to do so?
Originally Posted by JCM800

Interesting movie but that is not how it's done. I started when I was about 17 years old or maybe 16. I had a black powder pistol with a seven and a half inch barrel length. You tie the holster low and after you have the feel right of drawing and firing in a smooth motion you work on your speed. According the the books I placed a silver dollar on the back of my hand (my mother has many silver dollars), palm down, outstretched, at shoulder height. You draw your weapon and fire before the dollar hits the ground. Once you can do this EVERYTIME you use a loaded weapon and actually fire. You don't want to shoot yourself in the foot or leg. Your target is less than 25 feet away, 10 feet is more realistic. I moved up to a Italian knockoff .45 colt when I was older, then to a Ruger .357, and finally back to a Ruger .45 colt. I even did this when I had time in the service. Its kind of like catching pennies off your elbow with one hand. It takes time to develop the skill.
I'm not going to say that I was world class because I have see some of them in action but I was pretty good....25 years ago. Today....I'm probably just adequate against the stupid and unprepared....like EVA.

Oh, for the record I was practising before this movie came out. Think Glenn Ford and not Travis Brickle. It was movies like this that did it. I never was very good at card tricks. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J78J-6PbhVo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egvhz8EzWnA
Interesting movie but that is not how it's done. I started when I was about 17 years old or maybe 16. I had a black powder pistol with a seven and a half inch barrel length. You tie the holster low and after you have the feel right of drawing and firing in a smooth motion you work on your speed. According the the books I placed a silver dollar on the back of my hand (my mother has many silver dollars), palm down, outstretched, at shoulder height. You draw your weapon and fire before the dollar hits the ground. Once you can do this EVERYTIME you use a loaded weapon and actually fire. You don't want to shoot yourself in the foot or leg. Your target is less than 25 feet away, 10 feet is more realistic. I moved up to a Italian knockoff .45 colt when I was older, then to a Ruger .357, and finally back to a Ruger .45 colt. I even did this when I had time in the service. Its kind of like catching pennies off your elbow with one hand. It takes time to develop the skill.
I'm not going to say that I was world class because I have see some of them in action but I was pretty good....25 years ago. Today....I'm probably just adequate against the stupid and unprepared....like EVA.

Oh, for the record I was practising before this movie came out. Think Glenn Ford and not Travis Brickle. It was movies like this that did it. I never was very good at card tricks. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J78J-6PbhVo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egvhz8EzWnA Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
That's not how Shane taught Joey...

I like the "A Gun is a Tool" line. Because really (exempting Military grade Firearms) that is all they are meant to be. A tool for Protection & Survival that is designed for the sole purpose of inflicting harm on another living being. The problem is that we have far too many people with access (legally and illegally) to Firearms that seem to feel the solution to their problem with another person (or Society) is to take that Firearm out and start shooting people with it with no regard for the harm they are inflicting.
I voted for #4 although I admit waffling between #3 and #4.

Simple question for those who answered #5 and for JD who came close to answering 5.

Do you believe that you should have the right to carry a handgun into my home when I don't want you to do so? Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX

Bullshit! This poll shows that you voted for #3.

http://www.eccie.net/poll.php?do=sho...ts&pollid=1752