Going Too Far

Used the curly cues for years and for the most part, they last as advertised and are a distinct savings. Can't say the same for the new LED's. At the price it's said that will be charged, you couldn't get your money back if they lasted twice as long.
That's just another case of companies using laws to rape the consumer. If the damned politicians would stay out of it we'd all be better off.
Yeah I got a pallet or two in storage next to my Gillette Sensor XL cartridges....

Seriously I'm only a convert to the new bulbs in the last few years and I have no idea how much I'm really saving on my electric bill...

....but changing a bulb about 1/10th as often seems like a no brainer to me Originally Posted by atlcomedy
FYI, I started using these new bulbs several years ago. While on, they generate almost no heat and that means a room stays cooler. Thus, they help keep air conditioning costs lower, and they are one (or twenty) less fire hazard(s) in the house. Of course, they don't help warm a room during the winter either.

Typically, I replaced each and all of my incandescent bulbs about once a year. I've only had to replace one of the new bulbs since I started using them four years ago. I've now replaced all of my incandescent bulbs with the new type.

Just recently, I heard these new things are HAZMAT if broken. They contain mercury(?), but I've never broken one. However, if the U.S. does make this transition, it'll mean the government will soon be writing regulations and no doubt charging a handling fee for proper disposal of a HAZMAT item.
The mercury is negligible and ordinary care in the cleanup is sufficient. That said, one can never second guess a bureaucrat with a hair up his ass.
one can never second guess a bureaucrat with a hair up his ass. Originally Posted by John Bull
Talk about a HAZMAT situation.
At what point do the people stand up and say, "Woah!!! You are going way to far," to the feds? Originally Posted by DFW5Traveler
When that woman in Montana was shot outside her cabin with that loaded baby in her arms by the feds.
At what point do the people stand up and say, "Woah!!! You are going way to far," to the feds? Originally Posted by DFW5Traveler
Prolly about the time the Tea Baggers (and their inbred cousins, The Aryan Brotherhood) take over and have us all toe the line. That'll be a real fun time. Wonder what they'll rename "political correctness?"
Prolly about the time the Tea Baggers (and their inbred cousins, The Aryan Brotherhood) take over and have us all toe the line. That'll be a real fun time. Wonder what they'll rename "political correctness?" Originally Posted by Randy4Candy
That's what I so like about libs and progressives. When they don't get their way or they can't argue with facts, they resort to name-calling and falsehoods like the spoiled little children they are.
I have no idea whether the SWAT team was there or not. However, I do know that generally when any search warrant is issued and executed, the law enforcement agency executing it has several personel on site that are visibly well armed. This is as much to discourage any thoughts of resistance as it is out of perceived need or individualized calculations of danger. Just SOP, for good or for ill. Originally Posted by TexTushHog

No, it's not SOP for a free society. This is the State that brought you the Night and Frog Decree. My brother used to kick in doors with a warrant for known, armed drug dealers with two cops, two badges and two 9 mm’s. A swat team is a little over the top for the alleged crime. I’m no fan of the Man, but you are getting lost in the semantics.
  • Doove
  • 06-21-2011, 04:35 PM
That's what I so like about libs and progressives. When they don't get their way or they can't argue with facts, they resort to name-calling and falsehoods like the spoiled little children they are. Originally Posted by John Bull
Gosh, who knew that Marshall and DFW were libs?