Ready to relax!!

Gates is smoked garbage and the meat is chewy. Jack Stack or LC’s are my go to places. Originally Posted by Mpb-hole
Gates is fast cooked with the fat cut off, it burns my stomach
Arthur Bryant's BBQ is slow cooked with all the fat left on so everything is soft.
Rosedale, is usually very good, except the beef sandwiches when they came back off of the covid shutdown they overcooked it.

Let's make a list of the worst BBQ in KC
  1. Q-39 at the worst there is
  2. Wyandotte BBQ as a close second
  3. Gates, just not as good as it could be, if they cared, and too much sugar
Gates is smoked garbage and the meat is chewy. Jack Stack or LC’s are my go to places. Originally Posted by Mpb-hole
Yea, Gates sucks in my mind. And some of the name brands are pricing themselves out of the "great place to grab lunch market"
Gates is fast cooked with the fat cut off, it burns my stomach
Arthur Bryant's BBQ is slow cooked with all the fat left on so everything is soft.
Rosedale, is usually very good, except the beef sandwiches when they came back off of the covid shutdown they overcooked it.

Let's make a list of the worst BBQ in KC
  1. Q-39 at the worst there is
  2. Wyandotte BBQ as a close second
  3. Gates, just not as good as it could be, if they cared, and too much sugar
Originally Posted by JRLawrence
There are as many opinions about what the best and worst BBQ is in KC or even the world. Just like there are many opinions about the providers we will and won't see and who is spinner vs curvy vs plump vs BBW vs plus size vs obese...

I would never put Q-39 in the list. There are so many to try here, you have to do it on your own because it is all opinion...just like steaks...won't go back to Hereford House, had a bad steak there and they did nothing to correct it....but others swear by it...
Q 39 is awesome!! Originally Posted by Gonzo11
No it isn't. It is the not even BBQ. Really bad, and expensive at the same time.