2018 Mid-Term Elections

1) why do the Democrats continually under-vote given their so-called registered numbers edge ? Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid

That's one thing a rabid anti-trump liberal whined about LAST year.. How "WE saw masses of new dem voters registering to vote, but WHERE were they come Nov 6?? HOW IS IT that we had the larger voter base, but trump still won"??

They just can't wrap their heads around THEY HAD a fucked up candidate.
Interesting. I had a reply to Wako, but it's not showing up..
The constant attack on Trump and Trump supporters has silenced many, but that has only made them more pissed and scared about the Democrats agenda. Many Republicans voted for Trump mainly for Judicial Picks and the Supreme Court picks. The Democrats lined up against this Supreme Court nominee before a name was even released. The hearings proved that Democrats couldn't even have a slight bit of decorum. I could respect them wanting to adjourn the hearings, but they couldn't even let the introductions get out of the way first.

I am sure the Kavanaugh hearings have fired up many to get out and support Trump. Will it be enough for Republicans to hold the House and Senate? I sure hope so.
Thank you for correcting me .... I was looking at various websites and got mixed up .... Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
Not the first time, is it?

10-20-2016, 08:03 AM #21
SpeedRacerXXX

This election is OVER. Republicans should start focusing on 2020. Unless a bomb hits between now and November 8th there is no way Trump can overcome the lead that Clinton has in the polls. For those of you who are still not believing the polls . . . we'll see in a handful of days how accurate they are.
You did bring up 2016, didn't you?
I believe the Kavanaugh debacle will make a big difference in the midterms. Especially if Trump continues his online antics.

He had been quite sedate on the matter until yesterday.

Thank the mocking, the insults ... women across this nation will be more pissed than any other segment of the voting population.
That's one thing a rabid anti-trump liberal whined about LAST year.. How "WE saw masses of new dem voters registering to vote, but WHERE were they come Nov 6?? HOW IS IT that we had the larger voter base, but trump still won"??

They just can't wrap their heads around THEY HAD a fucked up candidate. Originally Posted by garhkal

I think that most people understood that Hillary Clinton was a flawed candidate. Democrats had 8 years while Obama was in office to come up with a viable candidate and failed to do so.
I believe the Kavanaugh debacle will make a big difference in the midterms. Especially if Trump continues his online antics.

Thank the mocking, the insults ... women across this nation will be more pissed than any other segment of the voting population. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
You are an older white male - it is typical of your privilege expecting type of person to claim to know how women feel and how they should respond.

You are part of the problem and should refrain from voting in the election in order to increase the relative importance of women's votes.
Especially if Trump continues his online antics.

He had been quite sedate on the matter until yesterday. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Even though you are an older white male - you are correct on this issue. Our fine President shouldn't tweet insults about Dr. Ford.
Not the first time, is it?

You did bring up 2016, didn't you? Originally Posted by LexusLover
You continually bringing this up is not a problem with me.

Can you cite a post in which you went out on a limb and picked Trump to win in 2016? How about a prediction on the 2018 mid-term elections?

Thank the mocking, the insults ... women across this nation will be more pissed than any other segment of the voting population. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Damn you finally got something right, unfortunately for you not in the way intended. This BK thing is a debacle that will surely piss off women and men across the country. They will be pissed that the fucking skank Dr. Ford and the democrat accomplices have made this an obvious delay tactic with absolutely zero merit. The liberal snowflakes will be crying again when the blue wave fails to materialize. They won't pickup the house or the senate. Who will they blame this time? The Russia card has been played and didn't work. Who will it be?
Yes Yussup, it has pissed off people but like Budman said - not in the way you think. There are millions of intelligent people that can see thru this shame. This could happen to anybody and should scare the shit out of you. Just parents alone who have little boys are very afraid for them and they should be. Accusations can ruin a person's life.

You better buckle up - you are in for a very rough ride.

You are an older white male - it is typical of your privilege expecting type of person to claim to know how women feel and how they should respond.

You are part of the problem and should refrain from voting in the election in order to increase the relative importance of women's votes. Originally Posted by friendly fred
Who is Yussup, Ellen?

If you’re intentionally misspelling my handle, please stop.

If not, I respectfully ask you correct your error.

That said, I’ve had lots of bumpy rides in this country. Hopefully the nation will survive this one. I would also hope that when things work out for the better that the loyalists can handle it as well.

You are part of the problem and should refrain from voting in the election in order to increase the relative importance of women's votes. Originally Posted by friendly fred
You are not the boss of me. I have every right to vote in this election and most definitely am not part of the problem as you so rudely insinuated. In fact, I will vote to elect leadership who will solve this problem.

Further I don’t ascribe to the racist theories that others have bandied about in this forum for the past few years and never will.
Speedy, if you’re so convinced by the polls are you going to take my offer as I stated in post #12 in this thread?
Speedy, if you’re so convinced by the polls are you going to take my offer as I stated in post #12 in this thread? Originally Posted by bambino
Because I think such bets are stupid. I can't win that bet because as I've stated several times, the odds of the Democrats taking over the Senate are somewhere between small and none. The best I could hope for would be a push -- Democrats win the House and Republicans hold the Senate. Meanwhile you are almost certainly guaranteed a push.

And no, I don't want to bet solely on the House. To be honest, I enjoy civil discussions with others on politics but in the end, if Republicans maintain control of the House it is of little consequence to me.