God Turns 71

And some gods come back to life under a beautiful skin!

Originally Posted by 4karlos
Orianthi is a beast! She's rockin' the fuck outta that PRS!
Pyramider you're an idiot, there's a reason Zeppelin plays every hour on rock radio, it's that good.
Beatles, Stones, Who, Floyd all great......
but they aren't on every hour. Originally Posted by rockerrick
Beatles are also overrated. Basically, in today's terms they would be a boy band like all the others. Lennon could be the 60's Justin Timberlake. The only reason Zepplin is played "every hour" is because there are no more djs, most rock stations are preprogramed.
I love Led Zeppelin but there are other great guitarists that I like better than Page.

These are just a few of the many guitarist that I like better than Page but I'm sure we all have our own list. Any other Rockers out there that would like to share their list?
Beatles are also overrated. Basically, in today's terms they would be a boy band like all the others. Lennon could be the 60's Justin Timberlake. The only reason Zepplin is played "every hour" is because there are no more djs, most rock stations are preprogramed. Originally Posted by pyramider
Then why are all hard rock bands from 69 to current modeled on the template of Zeppelin or Sabbath? Rhetorical question: it's because of the timeless influence, and relevance.
Boy you guys know your shit....

So....who's this?

image.jpg
It's the other template Tony Iommi.

If you get a chance watch The Rolling Stones / Rock and Roll Circus, see him play in the couple days he was in Jethro Tull.

very good rick. Tony. The inventor of the genre of music known as heavy metal.
He'll get his tribute next month if you don't beat me to it. lol
Be my guest buddy!!
And speaking of Jimmy...is it true that Robert recently tore up a contract that would have guaranteed each band member 800 million to perform a Zeppelin Reunion Tour...while saying "Never!"????

What a selfish bastard. I heard it really pissed Jimmy off
  • Trey
  • 01-11-2015, 11:24 AM
800 million each?
Coulda been total too, been a couple months since I read it
I heard 700 mil, but didn't hear that Plant tidbit. Seems short sighted with the success of the Un-Ledded thing and the Awesome performance at that Ahmet Ertegun tribute concert they did in 07.

These are just a few of the many guitarist that I like better than Page but I'm sure we all have our own list. Any other Rockers out there that would like to share their list? Originally Posted by Mexxxican Warrior
A few entries from my list, with the purpose at pointing at some other guitarists.

Papa Santana

Although not from the 70's, Jeff Healey (RIP) deserves his spot in my list. Being blind did not limit his talent and his particular technic was not less surprising.

Although he drifted toward Jazz and other exotic concoctions, John McLaughlin unloaded tons of talent with the guitar.

I will definitely refrain from fueling comparisons. Most guitarist mentioned throughout the thread are great and talented, but preferring a guitarist does not necessarily rank the musician as better or worst than others. It's purely a question of taste, musical preferences and chemistry-->they all have different personalities and views and behavior and that influences the preferences beyond the music.
And speaking of Jimmy...is it true that Robert recently tore up a contract that would have guaranteed each band member 800 million to perform a Zeppelin Reunion Tour...while saying "Never!"????

What a selfish bastard. I heard it really pissed Jimmy off Originally Posted by St.Christopher
Robert has steadfastly refused a lot of offers to restart Zeppelin but not sure about $800 million offer.

Yeah, in a way Robert is being selfish I suppose. Here's the thing though-have you picked up his last few records? He's fused his blues roots with modern songwriting in a really inventive way, to me at least. I can see why he has no interest in rehashing the past. I'm not even real sure that John Paul Jones is up for reunion anymore because he's got his own satisfying career.

I love Jimmy, don't get me wrong, but maybe had he spent sometime trying do something else musically on his own he wouldn't be so hot for the reunion. He's too talented a guitarist, especially acoustic, that it's a damn shame he hasn't made more instrumental records exploring his playing. Had he could have had a Jeff Beck\Leo Kottke type career instead of just being the keeper of Zeppelin's legacy.