Global waming has been averted, celebrate!

• FU_CC
  • 01-05-2014, 12:18 AM
Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB
does anyone watch your youtube?
its another Beerfart opinion piece for sure, detected by none other than the armadillo soothsayer himself

LMAO

http://wwwp.dailyclimate.org/tdc-new...lo-moves-north Originally Posted by CJ7
I guess good ole CJ was just die in the woods if he had to a make it on his own. CJ, never go on a "naked and afraid" or "survivor" show. It is always embarassing to be the first one voted off.
Getting damn cold JD when are you proclaiming another ice age?
  • CJ7
  • 01-05-2014, 04:19 PM
[QUOTE=Yssup Rider;1054793417]

when you go to Kroger -- unattended -- and you order cold cuts, do they look at you blankly? as in "what the fuck is this guy gonna do with four pounds of Swiss on slicer setting 4?

You are certifiably eligible for state support, even in TexaS! pack it up and move into the compound, cuckoo's nest! Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB
you should see the way Kroger looks at JD when he predicts Armadillo growth.
What ice age? I am not a climate change alarmist for either global warming (they wish they could take that back) or for a new ice age (shades of 1970).
Why not you are a alarmist for about everything else.
LMAO....my identity is safe from the clueless Eva.
  • Old-T
  • 01-06-2014, 09:13 AM
I apologize for hijacking the thread back to it's original topic (at least for one post), but here goes:

Go back and read carefully. When the jetstream changed more than the weather came north. I told my brother back in 1991 to watch out for the approach of armadillos in Missouri. Saw one the next year.

To talk about how much is human caused is the very crux of the discussion (sorry, you want to avoid that). If human's can cause it then human's can stop it right. We didn't cause it this time and we won't stop it (and by it I mean change). Bjorn Lomborg had it right. We should be spending our time and money learning to live with it instead of wasting money trying to stop it. Kind of like spending you time and money drinking Red Bull in order to piss into a house fire. You're not going to put it out but you are going to waste irreplaceable opportunities. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
There are really three questions here:

1. IS there climate change going on? I think the obvious answer is "yes", even you acknowledge that.

2. What is causing it? This is where you are jumping the gun. You assume the human contribution is 0%. The wacko conservation extremists assume it's near 100%. The data seems to show it is at neither extreme. But until we answer this one and don't assume it away, it's hard to move on to #3. The reality for almost every hard question is not found at the extremes.

3. How do we respond/live with it? I agree this is an important question, but how you answer it depends upon the answer to #2, not the answer any individual person or group WANTS TO BE the answer.

Some people used to make exactly the same assumption about pollution: little insignificant humans could NEVER pollute the really endless earth. Well, that wasn't true. People used to assume (or were in denial about) humans could never over fish the infinite sea. That wasn't true. Humans learn very slowly. Take a look at the climate data for the couple days after 9/11. It is an interesting read. It actually in part supports your views, but in other ways refutes them. Another bit of evidence that we don't know the human contribution, but it certainly isn't zero.
LMAO....my identity is safe from the clueless Eva. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn

Like I give a shit what rest room you are cleaning.
The term climate change itself is misleading. If I were to stand in one spot for the next 20 years you would see "climate change". It is called weather. You might also experience extremes in weather. Greater heat, greater cold, more storms, less storms but you have to ask yourself what is normal. Remember for the sake of argument the weather goes back about a million years (we're trying to keep it simple remember). If you have 100 year of really great weather somewhere inside of 5,000 years of really crappy weather wouldn't the people who live at either end of that century think that climate change is going on?

The climate is always changing. It always has been changing and it will continue to change. That is not the argument. The argument is those people who have been ignoring common sense and are leading a demi-religious movement where they blame mankind for nature. Except for the lab coats and titles on their names, they have the same values as primitive men who sacrificed virgins to the sun for good crops in the coming year. That is the essential argument; did man cause this latest change and, more importantly, is it possible for man to control the weather. How can man stop the weather from changing when they can't even end a drought or forecast the travel path of a tornado?
  • CJ7
  • 01-06-2014, 01:34 PM
The term climate change itself is misleading. If I were to stand in one spot for the next 20 years you would see "climate change". It is called weather. You might also experience extremes in weather. Greater heat, greater cold, more storms, less storms but you have to ask yourself what is normal. Remember for the sake of argument the weather goes back about a million years (we're trying to keep it simple remember). If you have 100 year of really great weather somewhere inside of 5,000 years of really crappy weather wouldn't the people who live at either end of that century think that climate change is going on?

The climate is always changing. It always has been changing and it will continue to change. That is not the argument. The argument is those people who have been ignoring common sense and are leading a demi-religious movement where they blame mankind for nature. Except for the lab coats and titles on their names, they have the same values as primitive men who sacrificed virgins to the sun for good crops in the coming year. That is the essential argument; did man cause this latest change and, more importantly, is it possible for man to control the weather. How can man stop the weather from changing when they can't even end a drought or forecast the travel path of a tornado? Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn
how can mankind avert your stupidity ?

mankind effected the quality of the water, so its impossible for them to effect the quality of the air too, is that about it Teach ?

The climate is always changing. It always has been changing and it will continue to change. That is not the argument. The argument is those people who have been ignoring common sense and are leading a demi-religious movement where they blame mankind for nature. Except for the lab coats and titles on their names, they have the same values as primitive men who sacrificed virgins to the sun for good crops in the coming year. That is the essential argument; did man cause this latest change and, more importantly, is it possible for man to control the weather. How can man stop the weather from changing when they can't even end a drought or forecast the travel path of a tornado? Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn

Take a trip to China visit some of their larger cities and report back if you think they are changing their climate...
Its a scam.
Ozombies should be worrying about this... http://thedailynewsreport.com/2014/0.../#.UstYNvRDuSo

but, they can't figure out a way to tax us...