The Burning Man Experiment/Festival (Pics Inside)

Groovy.
Thx for sharing the photos.
Some of the best photos of the festival our found via the image search engine, http://galleries.burningman.com

Sex is decommodified and rampant on The Playa.
I went last year, one of the best experiences of my life. You can't really understand what it's like till you see it in person. Hope to go again.
Hope this isn't considered a thread hijack: There were a lotta Burners and Burning Man spirit at Art Outside this past weekend near Rockdale, even some transported Burning Man art pieces. People came from all over, including many folks from the left coast. Art Outside is a sister fest to the Hill Country's Utopiafest, including ticket discounts with the code "utopia."

To compare: Art Outside had a LOT more art than Utopiafest, but that fest has a lot more and a lot more variety in music. Musically, Art Outside had almost all electronica, with some folkie acts on a small stage. They're both about the same size (~2,000). Utopiafest's food vendors are better organized than Art Outside, which was a handful of hippies-with-hotplates. Art Outside's merch vendors were more ...colorful... Camping was pretty well organized, but only in a flat meadow, so it was car-tent-tent-car; not as crowded as Bonnaroo, where you can't leave until the people around you leave, but more crowded than Utopiafest, and no trees. Portapotties were OK, showers were good.

No nudity or even toplessness that I saw at Art Outside, even though the chilly, wet weather wasn't that bad. No sex that I saw/heard. Never been to Flipside, so don't know to compare, and I was sorta surprised that I didn't hear/see more references to Flipside at Art Outside. LE was surprisingly unobtrusive, so I suppose the property owner has an arrangement with Milam County (362 days a year, Apache Pass is a family RV campground with a little store and a little saloon.)