best fried chicken in SA

I too prefer the Bill Miller fried chicken over Church's or KFC. Sometimes, though, I go for the spicy chicken at Popeye's.
I too prefer the Bill Miller fried chicken over Church's or KFC. Sometimes, though, I go for the spicy chicken at Popeye's. Originally Posted by FootLong
I've heard the spicy chicken from Popeye's is good, haven't had the chance to try it yet
Bill Millers... Cooked Crispy --I like the BIG Wings you get, a good cut of the breast meat.. BUT to me the breading has no flavoring.. Need a few Jalapeņos to kick it up!
Popeyes I like for the crispy crunch AND the hotter flavor...
KFC's now uses smaller birds than in the past... anyone want to say stock prices to Yum Brands? BUT cooked right (if they can do it anymore) the Original Chicken is still a fav of mine.

Now there was a hole in the wall--- down in Southern Alabama that I used to hit... them boys know how to Cook some Chicken & Biscuits... Right off I 65 past the the Piggy Wiggle!!!!
Great responses! I've also added some new places to check out to my fried chicken list.
DON'T go to Bush Chicken.

Why do I miss Albertsons' Fried Chicken? Wasn't that great. Maybe because it was around the corner from me.
No votes for Golden Chick?
Where's the love for Earl Abels?

Popeyes spicy for fast food without a doubt
Hey how about PoPo's....??? -- & I ain't talkin 'bout the pOlice....out close to Comfort..?? I have never been there but has seen the signs
Chatman's Chicken! Love the real deal.
  • HUMP!
  • 07-22-2015, 09:29 PM
Hey how about PoPo's....??? -- & I ain't talkin 'bout the pOlice....out close to Comfort..?? I have never been there but has seen the signs Originally Posted by nomuff2tuff
Muff,
PoPo's near Comfort is a very nice restaurant. Haven't had the chicken, but the quail; YUM! Check it.
Mr. & Mrs. G's has good fried chicken.

Popeye's and Church's give me the shits
Many places listed here were also voted best according to the current.

http://m.mysanantonio.com/food/resta...icken-7680.php

May have to check out the Wine Dive. Haven't been there before, any thoughts on that place?
BAR NONE=====>CHICKEN EXPRESS (too bad only 1 location)
The Monterey looks pretty good,anyone want to share their thoughts.

Earl Abels not very good IMO.
Where's the love for Earl Abels? Originally Posted by cmac58
ME!!! ME!!! LOL... I love EARL ABEL'S but I have to tell you that as a born and bred SOUTHERN GAL you guys and gals are going to make me FAT!! LOL... After reading this thread I had to go and TRY BILL MILLER'S fried chicken... Although, I sort of CHEATED and I got their CRISPY CHICKEN STRIPS and I thought that they were DELICIOUS...

To me they tasted A LOT like the batter that CHICKEN EXPRESS uses and I am a HUGE FAN of CHICKEN EXPRESS!! Give me some FRIED CHICKEN GIZARDS & GREEN BEANS and I am a HAPPY HO!!

So, not to get off topic but has anyone tried the CHICKEN FRIED CHICKEN/ CHICKEN FRIED STEAK from LULU'S CAFE & BAKERY off of Main Street in SA? They have been on MAN VS FOOD and if you love a GREAT CHICKEN FRIED CHICKEN OR STEAK then I HIGHLY recommend them for some DAYUM GOOD EATIN'!! YUMMY!!