OH MY GOD! I want to chop my head off!!!

Take it from a fellow allergy sufferer. Yes, take the OTC and steroids to help. But what I found helped the most is #1 Stay your ass in doors as much as possible!! When the mountain cedar hits later on in the year, I limit my outdoor activity as much as I can. #2 Spend the money and buy yourself a badass airfilter for your A/C system. I use the MicroPower Guard one. Look it up on Google and YouTube. It makes your indoor environment practically allergen free. So far its been the best $300 I've spent (non hobbying of course ).
Follow this link for another reason to self-pleasure:

http://scicurious.wordpress.com/2008..._when_your_no/ Originally Posted by nushi
That's awesome but, if that worked for women I would NEVER have allergies lol

Take it from a fellow allergy sufferer. Yes, take the OTC and steroids to help. But what I found helped the most is #1 Stay your ass in doors as much as possible!! When the mountain cedar hits later on in the year, I limit my outdoor activity as much as I can. #2 Spend the money and buy yourself a badass airfilter for your A/C system. I use the MicroPower Guard one. Look it up on Google and YouTube. It makes your indoor environment practically allergen free. So far its been the best $300 I've spent (non hobbying of course ). Originally Posted by mayorcastro
I have been looking at filters and air purifiers I think I will be investing soon. Funny thing is I am almost ALWAYS indoors. I am a recluse!

I bought some simply saline yesterday and it has helped quite a bit.
I've been suffering allergies most of my life. I heard that San Antonio is one of the six worst places in the country for allergy sufferers.

Myself, I have a prescription medication for another condition (Nexium) that for some reason, has the additional effect of keeping my allergies down. When I told my doctor about it, he wasn't surprised and said they had heard similar reports from other patients.

For OTC, I use Zyrtec. One a day, every day, when you anticipate allergies coming (like after rain) or if you're feeling a slight sniffle, take it anyway. Keep taking it to get rid of the drainage, even if you are feeling better.

Sinus infections are a major problem. Neti pot and saline rinse help to clear any infection from your sinuses (the salt drys out any bacteria that might be trying to grow). I myself can't use this method. I have a deviated septum which causes fluid to collect, so saline rinses tend to induce an infection if I use it.

Other things, drink lots of water when your allergies are bothering you. Wash your face often, to clear any spores or allergens that might be sitting on your skin (plus you feel better). Vitamin C and other things to boost your immune system.

In the end, though, if you do get a sinus infection, you'll need some antibiotics to clear it out. If not, you could suffer for weeks, if not months. When I sense the first signs of an infection, I always hit my doctor up for some antibiotics. I know what's coming and I try to nip it in the bud before it gets into my throat and lungs.

If I could find a good one, I would visit an ENT and/or allergist. It's possible for them to test you in order to find what things you are allergic too. Once you know that, you can figure out the most common times and locations they occur. You can even get a phone app (WebMD offers them) to track what allergens are present that you need to avoid (I haven't actually used this yet, but it sounds promising).

I guess that's a bunch of information. I feel for you. I know the misery of an allergy attack and then the sinus infection that can follow. Hope you get relief soon ;-)
Carpet is the number one filtration system in your home. A lot of people don't realize it, but if you get a good restorative cleaning on your carpets you will breathe,sleep, and feel a lot better
Hey baby can I be your doctor. I have some great remedies. Let's play doctor, oh who gets to wear the nurse outfit? LOL

Welcome to central Texas with Cedar, Oak, and so many others. At least right now there are no fires burning.
jack daniels black with wild honey added. drink 5 shots of jack with a tablespoon of honey after each as a chaser. if you stil have sinus problems you won't give a shit anymore.
Thank you DEPmic05 good advice!!

Carpet is the number one filtration system in your home. A lot of people don't realize it, but if you get a good restorative cleaning on your carpets you will breathe,sleep, and feel a lot better Originally Posted by Youngpro
I HATE HATE HATE carpet. I have already been fighting temptation of ripping all the carpet out of my new house and you may have just sold me. It makes sense though. With my dogs coming in and out and have two stories of carpet that could be a big source of my problem.

Hey baby can I be your doctor. I have some great remedies. Let's play doctor, oh who gets to wear the nurse outfit? LOL

Welcome to central Texas with Cedar, Oak, and so many others. At least right now there are no fires burning. Originally Posted by travelerman
Hmmmm playing doctor sounds fun!!

jack daniels black with wild honey added. drink 5 shots of jack with a tablespoon of honey after each as a chaser. if you stil have sinus problems you won't give a shit anymore. Originally Posted by Jdriller
That made me laugh I was reading that until the end thinking good lord it may be worth a shot and I am willing to try anything but, I would be trashed!
I emailed you in regards to the carpet. Lmk