My reviews from another site...

Gina,

It should be up to each provider on P411 to maintain their links, not the site owner (YOU!) so cleaning the old links might take a provider a few minutes if she had the former ASPD links saved someplace or she can simply got search for her handle on ERAPS and collect the most recent there along with any from ECCIE or Horndogs.
Gina,

It should be up to each provider on P411 to maintain their links, not the site owner (YOU!) so cleaning the old links might take a provider a few minutes if she had the former ASPD links saved someplace or she can simply got search for her handle on ERAPS and collect the most recent there along with any from ECCIE or Horndogs.
Thanks for the advice on how to run my business

However, I prefer that my site have as few dead links as possible. Leaving it up to the providers to update their links to ASPD would have meant that there would still be thousands of dead links to ASPD on P411.

Since it took us all of 5 minutes to write a script to wipe out ASPD links, why wouldn't we? It would just be being lazy to leave the dead links, although perhaps many sites would have just left them.

The only thing I regret is that it would have taken the same 5 minute to write a script that would have replaced "aspd" with "eraps", which would have saved all of those links. I didn't have that information at the time though.

It's too bad, but life goes on.

Always,
Gina

www.preferred411.com
Gina,

I wonder if there is a tool that would run through the link portion and validate the links on a regular basis? I'm not a web guy but I bet there is one here seeing the girls who could tell you if there is such a tool! Make it part of a regular maintenance backup process?