Question for anti Trump morons

How is that a prop to Bush? Obama got the USA out of the recession that Bush43 left the USA with. What was the DJIA when Bush43 left office 7000 points? The DJIA was 18,000 points when Obama left office, a gain of 11,000 points. The banking system almost collapsed under Bush43. Everyone benefitted by saving the banking system.
Nice to see you give props to Bush, that must have been hard for you. In doing so you admitted Obama had no part in helping the middle class. It was Bush and Trump that care. As you know not a single dem voted in favor ? Tsk tsk tsk Originally Posted by oilfieldace

I find it interesting that after several respondents blasted the OP that you chose not to defend your original statements.

I think Mr. grean summed up my thoughts on the subject very accurately.
Again , no one has given a viable answer to my question. Dem talking points isn't an answer. Get your #3 and big chief tablet and do some more research
Again , no one has given a viable answer to my question. Dem talking points isn't an answer. Get your #3 and big chief tablet and do some more research Originally Posted by oilfieldace

I think grean summed up all the objections to your first post very well. If you don't think they are viable answers, sorry.
I think grean summed up all the objections to your first post very well. If you don't think they are viable answers, sorry. Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX
They really aren't viable as examples:

Harley has been expanding overseas and was planning to shut down more plants here in the US regardless. The tariffs were a convenient excuse.

Obama doubled the national debt. Sure Trump's tax cuts will add to it, but if anyone seriously thinks the debt will ever get reduced is fooling themselves. At some point we will become the next Greece (probably just when I'm about to retire).

Harley has been expanding overseas and was planning to shut down more plants here in the US regardless. The tariffs were a convenient excuse.

Obama doubled the national debt. Sure Trump's tax cuts will add to it, but if anyone seriously thinks the debt will ever get reduced is fooling themselves. At some point we will become the next Greece (probably just when I'm about to retire). Originally Posted by SeekingFun69
Good point on Harley. What about Ford?

"Ford is having a bad year in 2018. Its stock is down 29%, and the tariffs imposed by President Trump have reportedly cost the company $1 billion, as the company is in the midst of a reorganization. Now, the company is announcing layoffs."

http://fortune.com/2018/10/09/ford-stock-today-layoffs-trump-trade-tariffs/

Obama took over a country in the middle of a great recession and took measures that greatly improved the economy but negatively impacted the national debt. Trump took over a country in very good shape economically and gave us a tax reform package that was not really needed but one that he had promised and will raise the national debt to record levels this year.
I don't drive a Ford and will never buy an American (union-made) automobile. The unions fucked up the automobile manufacturers long ago, so I say good riddance.

Even if we had a budget surplus, the national debt would still rise to record levels due to interest payments alone.
The banking system almost collapsed under Bush43. Everyone benefitted by saving the banking system. Originally Posted by adav8s28
The TARP program to shore up the banking system was passed under Bush. The banks repaid 100% of the TARP money they received, plus interest and dividends to the US Treasury. So TARP didn't add a dime to the national debt, unlike Obama's misspent stimulus program.

In retrospect, maybe Barney Frank and his dimotard pals shouldn't have "rolled the dice" and encouraged govt entities like Fannie Mae to binge on subprime mortgages.
If you like your doctor , you can keep him? Please let's not get into who is the bigger liar. You can't win Originally Posted by oilfieldace
Let’s not sprinkle this deep and civil debate with “what Aboutism,” oilfieldace.

Trump was NEVER going to get Mexico to pay for that wall. And it will never
Get built. More red meat for the mob.
Again , no one has given a viable answer to my question. Dem talking points isn't an answer. Get your #3 and big chief tablet and do some more research Originally Posted by oilfieldace
I don’t understand the “Big Chief” tablet references that continue to show up in your posts.

Please elaborate.
  • grean
  • 10-11-2018, 10:48 AM

Harley has been expanding overseas and was planning to shut down more plants here in the US regardless. The tariffs were a convenient excuse. Originally Posted by SeekingFun69
Tariffs wars, like the one Trump started are bad. Yes, Harley may have been leaning that way already. However, as consumer prices go up, demand goes down where it otherwise would remain the same or potentially increase.

Low demand means low sales numbers for companies.

Low sales numbers turns into layoffs.

The US is projected to be the least of the losers in this one, but still a loser all the same.
Trump this, Trump that, blah blah, blah, Trump is going to level the playing field and that will benefit the USA .
  • grean
  • 10-11-2018, 12:22 PM
Trump this, Trump that, blah blah, blah, Trump is going to level the playing field and that will benefit the USA . Originally Posted by oilfieldace
How exactly?
Oh dear Yssup,

I'm afraid you are wrong. The bill to get this project going is about to be introduced. The wall will be built. It would of been done sooner but....Libtards. This is going to move forward. I admit it will be alot slower then people expected but - then again - Libtards.

Check out this story on CNN: https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/10/polit...ill/index.html

And no - Mexico most likely will not pay for it immediately but they will in the long run.

Let’s not sprinkle this deep and civil debate with “what Aboutism,” oilfieldace.

Trump was NEVER going to get Mexico to pay for that wall. And it will never
Get built. More red meat for the mob. Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
Oh dear Yssup,

I'm afraid you are wrong. The bill to get this project going is about to be introduced. The wall will be built. It would of been done sooner but....Libtards. This is going to move forward. I admit it will be alot slower then people expected but - then again - Libtards.

Check out this story on CNN: https://www.cnn.com/2018/10/10/polit...ill/index.html

And no - Mexico most likely will not pay for it immediately but they will in the long run. Originally Posted by Austin Ellen
Ellen, did you read the article?

"Even with a Republican-controlled Capitol Hill and White House, any proposal to fully fund Trump's signature campaign pledge of a border wall would have a difficult pathway to passing both chambers of Congress, given the threshold for such legislation and the narrow margin of control in the Senate."

If Democrats take control of the House in November you can just about kiss the wall good-by.

This prediction from "The Economist" just released. Democrats take over House control with a +12 majority.

https://www.economist.com/united-sta...epresentatives

FiveThirtyEight now gives Democrats a 78.1% probability of taking control of the House. Up 4.2% in the last week.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...idterms-header