Your most admired Black historical person

I have one signed by Brooks Robinson, but not Frank. My bad. Originally Posted by Jam3768
I had a Brooksie signed ball. I sold all my memorabilia years ago. Jackie Robinson stuff was always hard to find. {Pre-Internet times} So a signed ball eluded me.
Dont want to make this a baseball thread. But Buck O'Neill was a great historian of both the negro leagues and white baseball. Great ambassador of the game and very gracious with his time. A very admirable Man.
I had a Brooksie signed ball. I sold all my memorabilia years ago. Jackie Robinson stuff was always hard to find. {Pre-Internet times} So a signed ball eluded me.
Dont want to make this a baseball thread. But Buck O'Neill was a great historian of both the negro leagues and white baseball. Great ambassador of the game and very gracious with his time. A very admirable Man. Originally Posted by winn dixie
It's not a baseball thread. But it is a "feel good" thread for everyone. And that is an extremely rare thing in this particular forum.

Props to you for starting it.
Thanks Jam!

All good historical Figures.

Lets have some more. And maybe give a brief history of that person and if you wish. How or why that person is important to you.
Probably should have been titled 'most admired historical person' then Winn.
Martin Luther King

Fredrick Douglas
From the world of athletics, , I have always admired George Foreman.

As a historical figure, Fredrick Douglas usually comes to mind.
There are to many to name to give justice to, but at the top of the list, I would put those that gave their life in those times when their efforts at fighting for human rights for all, absolutely meant their death and they did it any way.

That's the kind of bravery that few of us will ever be asked to give.
There are to many to name to give justice to, but at the top of the list, I would put those that gave their life in those times when their efforts at fighting for human rights for all, absolutely meant their death and they did it any way.

That's the kind of bravery that few of us will ever be asked to give. Originally Posted by HedonistForever
Much respect
After much deliberation...Chuck Berry. Ali second.
but to answer your question Winn, Tiger Woods
Acy Malone
Acy Malone Originally Posted by oilfieldace
All right I have thought about this for a few hours now and have come up empty. Who is Acy Malone?
I have the utmost respect for "Maya Angelou". BRILLIANT Woman
All right I have thought about this for a few hours now and have come up empty. Who is Acy Malone? Originally Posted by Jam3768
Same here
Malcolm X