"To know me is to love me" is the best I've got

No such thing as saving your way to prosperity?

Have you ever read "The Millionaire Next Door"? Originally Posted by Jewish Lawyer
Yes and Yes. Originally Posted by SNL9933
Forgive me if I'm putting words in ya'll mouths....but I have a feeling you two have very different opinions of what "prosperity" entails.

I know from personal experience my version of "comfortable" was another's version of "wealthy". I think you two might have a similar problem.
Forgive me if I'm putting words in ya'll mouths....but I have a feeling you two have very different opinions of what "prosperity" entails.

I know from personal experience my version of "comfortable" was another's version of "wealthy". I think you two might have a similar problem. Originally Posted by SAangel27
Probably so...the point of the book is many people are seduced into thinking that ostentatious displays of spending indicate a wealthy person, when in many cases they just spend all they make. On the other hand, many a millionaire lives simply and accumulates wealth, and uses the wealth to generate passive income to increase their wealth.
I've done business with many a person who looked rich but needed to scrape up the cash to pay their bills.
I've contemplated deals with people only to find out they couldn't come up with a paltry 50 grand down - mere table scraps to get in at 1%.
I highly recommend that book to anyone looking to accumulate capital.