Oh Shit.....Houston Cops Shoot A Unarmed Man.

No one is really bashing these particular cops here. we're all lamenting how out-of-control the LE has gotten in this country. Which is true, if you've been paying attention to the news. This was (probably) a case where the cops used the force necessary to stop other people and themselves from getting hurt.
Although, that reaching into the car shit seems super-fishy to me. Why would he reach into the car when no weapon was found? It seems sort of like when Slager tried to put the taser next to Scott and claimed "I was afraid for my life". I don't trust anything the cops have to say. Originally Posted by shanm
That is complete bullshit. Are there some bad cops. Of course. Just like there are bad people in every segment of our society. Apparently you pay more attention to morons like Al Sharpton than what actually takes place. In a vast majority of times the interaction between the police and civilians the police act in a professional manner and in many cases go above and beyond what should be expected of them. Michael Brown got exactly what he fucking deserved. The shooting in Houston or wherever it was certainly appears to be a cop that went way overboard. But if fucking idiots would quit acting like assholes and cooperate with the police when stopped then 99.9% of this shit would never happen. Running from the cops is never going to end up good for you.
  • shanm
  • 04-16-2015, 10:55 PM
That is complete bullshit. Are there some bad cops. Of course. Just like there are bad people in every segment of our society. Apparently you pay more attention to morons like Al Sharpton than what actually takes place. In a vast majority of times the interaction between the police and civilians the police act in a professional manner and in many cases go above and beyond what should be expected of them. Michael Brown got exactly what he fucking deserved. The shooting in Houston or wherever it was certainly appears to be a cop that went way overboard. But if fucking idiots would quit acting like assholes and cooperate with the police when stopped then 99.9% of this shit would never happen. Running from the cops is never going to end up good for you. Originally Posted by Budman
Sorry, but what you're advocating is the definition of a police state. Since when is "not cooperating with the police" punishable by death? This isn't fucking Russia. On my life, I have never even heard Al Sharpton speak. I am not AT ALL saying that every policeman, or even the majority, are rotten apples. Even if one person DIED because of a police action that could potentially be a problem, let alone the hundreds of incidents that have been caught on camera. The police have been given too much power, and many of them are abusing it. If you don't see that with the hundreds of videos that are available all over the internet, then I'm sorry, you're doomed to be a submissive puppet to oppressive authority.
So you have never heard Al Sharpton? You are either a fucking liar or so out of touch with what is going on in this country that no one should put any credence in your opinions. Personally I think you are a liar.

I'm not advocating a police state in the least. What I'm saying is if you cooperate with the police and not act like a fucking idiot then you will avoid most problems. Because of a few bad cops you assume the majority are bad. I look at it as a few bad cops need to be dealt with by prosecuting them for whatever law they break. Weed them out. But just because someone gets their ass beat or killed by the cops doesn't mean the cops are in the wrong. A 15 second video doesn't always show the entire story. I think the vast majority of police do a tremendous job considering what they are dealing with.
A 15 second video doesn't always show the entire story. Originally Posted by Budman
Ala ... the Rodney King video.
  • shanm
  • 04-17-2015, 09:28 AM
So you have never heard Al Sharpton? You are either a fucking liar or so out of touch with what is going on in this country that no one should put any credence in your opinions. Personally I think you are a liar. Originally Posted by Budman
On my life, I have never even heard Al Sharpton speak. Originally Posted by shanm
Really? so "not having heard him speak" implies that I have never "heard of" him? Again, another idiot caught in the net of virulence.

Because of a few bad cops you assume the majority are bad.
I am not AT ALL saying that every policeman, or even the majority, are rotten apples Originally Posted by shanm
Originally Posted by Budman
Do you have anything better to do than making up bullshit with every post?
I didn't say "heard of" you moron. I said "heard". Try reading and comprehending before you spout off.
No one is really bashing these particular cops here. we're all lamenting how out-of-control the LE has gotten in this country. Which is true, if you've been paying attention to the news. This was (probably) a case where the cops used the force necessary to stop other people and themselves from getting hurt.
Although, that reaching into the car shit seems super-fishy to me. Why would he reach into the car when no weapon was found? It seems sort of like when Slager tried to put the taser next to Scott and claimed "I was afraid for my life". I don't trust anything the cops have to say. Originally Posted by shanm
The "news" aka journalism, today is nothing more than sensationalism and just in case you don't know what sensationalism is, here is a tadbit of what Wikipedia says:

Sensationalism is a type of editorial bias in mass media in which events and topics in news stories and pieces are over-hyped to increase viewership or readership numbers.[1] Sensationalism may include reporting about generally insignificant matters and events that don't influence overall society and biased presentations of newsworthy topics in a trivial or tabloid manner contrary to the standards of professional journalism.[2][3]

Some tactics include being deliberately obtuse,[4] appealing to emotions,[5] being controversial, intentionally omitting facts and information,[6] being loud and self-centered and acting to obtain attention.[5] Trivial information and events are sometimes misrepresented and exaggerated as important or significant, and often includes stories about the actions of individuals and small groups of people,[1] the content of which is often insignificant and irrelevant relative to the macro-level day-to-day events that occur globally. Furthermore, the content and subject matter typically doesn't affect the lives of the masses[1] and doesn't affect society, and instead is broadcast and printed to attract viewers and readers.
... today is nothing more than sensationalism .. Originally Posted by Cherie
Another example is a HOT South Florida girl showing up with pics of huge, delicious breasts, on Sunday morning just in time for "worship" services!!!!

SINsational.
  • shanm
  • 04-19-2015, 09:31 AM
The "news" aka journalism, today is nothing more than sensationalism and just in case you don't know what sensationalism is, here is a tadbit of what Wikipedia says:

Sensationalism is a type of editorial bias in mass media in which events and topics in news stories and pieces are over-hyped to increase viewership or readership numbers.[1] Sensationalism may include reporting about generally insignificant matters and events that don't influence overall society and biased presentations of newsworthy topics in a trivial or tabloid manner contrary to the standards of professional journalism.[2][3]

Some tactics include being deliberately obtuse,[4] appealing to emotions,[5] being controversial, intentionally omitting facts and information,[6] being loud and self-centered and acting to obtain attention.[5] Trivial information and events are sometimes misrepresented and exaggerated as important or significant, and often includes stories about the actions of individuals and small groups of people,[1] the content of which is often insignificant and irrelevant relative to the macro-level day-to-day events that occur globally. Furthermore, the content and subject matter typically doesn't affect the lives of the masses[1] and doesn't affect society, and instead is broadcast and printed to attract viewers and readers. Originally Posted by Cherie
I would never deny that. I don't watch just one specific news channel because I know that they are all frauds on the hunt for money.

You were hundred percent spot on with this
The "news" aka journalism, today is nothing more than sensationalism
BUT, that, I believe, is the one difference between fox news and the other news channels. Fox news is so far gone into its conservative persona that it is nothing more than a bunch of political hacks consistently pandering to their conservative viewers by telling ONLY one side of the story.

As to the other claims in your post, I am not talking about biased media coverage that these events get. It's a real problem verifiable by hundreds upon hundreds of videos. Go to youtube and type in "police brutality in the U.S", see what comes up. Read the comments also, where aussies, europeans (even russians) are basically ridiculing our situation in the U.S. Our country has become a running joke in basically about everything. I have a friend on facebook who regularly posts 2-3 videos DAILY of police brutality. He considers it his job, I guess. When I see them on a regular basis, it's hard to deny that there is a problem. The victims are black, white, asian, latino and basically every single race you can think of. This isn't a race war OR a political issue. It is a civil rights issue. Us vs. them.

Another example is a HOT South Florida girl showing up with pics of huge, delicious breasts, on Sunday morning just in time for "worship" services!!!!

SINsational. Originally Posted by LexusLover

Did you think that would come off as attractive?!
You're a hundred years old you fucking geezer! what makes you think anyone wants a mental picture of you slobbering all over yourself?? You almost made me vomit. Go get a diaper change.
http://www.chron.com/houston/article...se-6201525.php

No word if Quanell X, Al Sharpton, or Jesse Jackson are in route.

Crap, this is on my side of town, too. I guess I will get to see a riot first hand. Originally Posted by Jackie S
Baytown Police Department was written up in the news for abuse toward prisoners, even for a misdemeanor. Don't remember where i saw it, but it was on a national news station. Did the same thing to me. I remember one time, I was standing right outside my apartment door (during Thanksgiving Holiday), and had taken a cab home. Because I could not find keys to my apartment, they took me in for a PI, also known as "public intoxication". New Mexico and California governments do not even know what that is!!! I didn't either, until I moved to Texas. They would rather put you in jail for a "public intoxication" than investigate real crimes like rape and murder. Always have some excuse, like we do not have the capabilities like the FBI, which is bullshit.

I still cannot understand why Texas is not on the list of the most corrupt states!

Hate that state and so does my sister, who went crazy there, after being raped repeatedly, with the cops telling her "It's your fault".
Baytown Police Department was written up in the news for abuse toward prisoners, even for a misdemeanor. Originally Posted by SeekingTruth
"Written up" ....

"I still cannot understand why Texas is not on the list of the most corrupt states!" Originally Posted by SeekingTruth
I'm sure it's just a "Great White-Right-Wing Conspiracy"? Don't you?

(Sarcasm Alert!!!!)