+ * California Rates vs. Texas Rates + *

WOW, the first post I can remember that makes me sad too.
Good for you though Angelina.
I am really disappointed to read you will be leaving us! I have been waiting both patiently and persistently for you to bring your special pampering back here to us in Dallas.
Angelina - I think you would do just fine anywhere with a 2 hr minimum no matter what that final rate may be, and no need to move to SO Cal to do so. Our course with me being in Texas I am slightly biased toward having a beautiful young woman like yourself remain here in our great state.

I noticed you are talking 18 months from now ..So try your new rate/ time structure here and see how that works (I know it would work with me!) Whatever u decide to do I wish only the best for you in the future. Peace!
Why not stay in Dallas and make more frequent trips to LA. I grew up in LA but have lived in Dallas for over 20 years. I get more in Texas and love it here. If you base here you can always come back to something which is pretty much assured. If you have trouble in LA then where ya gonna go? Just rack up the frequent flyer miles. Just my 2 cents.
CA cost of living may actually be double that of TX when you take into account the tax bite! Originally Posted by jceeman

you're kind right ... I always assumed providers shield most (if not all) of there income from ... you know who.

Providers ... do you really report your hobby income (or any more then a mininal amount)?
Why not stay in Dallas Originally Posted by bigtonydallas
FYI....Angelina is based in Austin / San Antonio.
H-D.

No need to worry. I will still be making trips to Austin, Dallas and San Antonio...probably not Houston, though. Each month, I will fly out twice to a certain city. My accountant is located in Dallas, so I have to see him once a month, so visiting my accountant that will comprise my Dallas trip!

xo

Angelina

Tell me it's not true, I was hoping you'd visit Dallas at least once so I could meet you for the first time. I rec'd your reply to my email today, and my heart is heart is heavy with sadness.
Be cautious, it's not always greener!

Good luck in your endeavors
h-d Originally Posted by h-d
LegsLover05,

Thank you for the link regarding "about the money, not always about the money". If I were a gentleman, I'd be a bit cautious when a provider openly claims it is not all about the money because for so many ladies, this is their business or part-time business. I can understand, in my case, a lady truly feeling love and the ability to nurture her client, hence feeling the desire to take good care of her client/enjoying the company her client. For me, I find this true in many instances, but like any lawyer, doctor, counselor, a provider will want to be compensated for her time. Providers who treat the hobby like a business, often get paid like a business. Providers who choose to treat the hobby like a party will get paid like a party.

I pay taxes on all of my earnings. I am an honest girl. My accountant knows what I do. Looks like I am paying $40,000 + in taxes this year, which is hard to swallow (before deductions), but I am a strong girl and I will survive. It is my civic, American duty to pay taxes. As long as I can maximize my earning ability in Los Angeles, Texas or Nevada, I will, not to take advantage of any man, but to provide an authentic, unforgettable stellar service, at a reasonable rate comparable to those of my caliber in each respective city.

Thank you so much for the great link....looks like they are having fun Wear are the boxing gloves?

xo

Angelina

i guess you didn't reas this thread http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=19880&page=11 prior to your post. I guess for some ladies it is not all about the money, but for others it is. I'll stick with the ones it's not. Originally Posted by leglover05
CPalmson,

All great points. The notion that glitz, glam, celebs comprises most of what people think of Los Angeles is correct, but truthfully, it is the fine dining, great weather, hills and beach/ocean that does it for me. Making friends in Los Angeles is at the bottom of my list, trust me. It seems like most people in Los Angeles are actors/models/artists/musicians and although it is noteworthy, I roll my eyes at it and find that opportunists will try to latch onto girls or guys with $$$.

I think your thesis on perception is exemplary. I'd, too, agree that perception has a lot to do with it. I guess I am a newly inducted HDH as an independent provider. Uh oh.

xo

Angelina

I think it is perception that drives the differences in rates between LA (SoCal) and Texas. I'm sure cost of living has something to do with it, but I disagree with the contention that Cali is double that of Texas. Maybe 10-15% more but not much than that. When I think LA, I think Hollywood, glitz, glam and excess. I think the clientele in LA is perceived to be Hollywood stars or other "moguls". I think providers bump up their rates based on perception of the LA "scene". Now there is Texas. The image I get is more down-home, more blue collar-- less glitz, less glam. Again the perception of clientele comes into play. In Texas, the perception is that hobbyists work regular jobs which dictates the rates for providers. Personally, I think LA is more a scene for HDHs than it is for "normal" providers while Texas is the opposite. For me, the bottom line is perception. Originally Posted by Cpalmson
VikingFan and BigTonyDallas:

No need to be sad or disappointed. My accountant is in Dallas, and I visit him for my monthly status on earning, etc. I will post an ad when visiting Dallas and I have a new website coming either today or early next week that will feature a calendar of travel dates. Keep in mind that you are still stuck with me for 18 months...which is a long time!

The two of you are very sweet for the sweet comments.

xo

Angelina

I am really disappointed to read you will be leaving us! I have been waiting both patiently and persistently for you to bring your special pampering back here to us in Dallas.
Angelina - I think you would do just fine anywhere with a 2 hr minimum no matter what that final rate may be, and no need to move to SO Cal to do so. Our course with me being in Texas I am slightly biased toward having a beautiful young woman like yourself remain here in our great state.

I noticed you are talking 18 months from now ..So try your new rate/ time structure here and see how that works (I know it would work with me!) Whatever u decide to do I wish only the best for you in the future. Peace! Originally Posted by vikingfan33
nebtex1:

I report every dime because I can't do much with cash and I also want to be a law abiding citizen. Paying taxes is tedious, but we all have to do it and I take pride in financing roads, schools, health-care, the war (whether for/against), etc.

Months ago, I read a HDH thread on gifts vs. actual reportable income and how the IRS would know the difference. I just wanted to roll my eyes at the naive nature of so many providers. You don't want to "f" with the IRS. If you deposit income, be prepared to report it. The tax authorities are hard to outsmart and if these ladies have ever seen a jail cell, federal prison is not a very sexy place. Try ten years for tax evasion.

I have never been to jail/arrested, but I tell every girl that she had better think twice about not reporting her taxes. As a former exotic dancer, being classified as entertainer is what most of us considered under the tax code. It's simple: find a CPA, form an S-Corp and report every dime. I am pretty organized and can write off several things this year.

I, too, am a jaded American who is being taxed to death, but I am also proud that I can help finance things for our nation.

xo

Angelina

you're kind right ... I always assumed providers shield most (if not all) of there income from ... you know who.

Providers ... do you really report your hobby income (or any more then a mininal amount)? Originally Posted by nebtex1
That makes me VERY sad. It has been too long since we have seen each other. Please don't leave before I can see you again. I have some cool gifts to bring you next time too.

You should check your pm's and emails.... Originally Posted by rekcaSxT
18 months.....you will have me!
WOW, the first post I can remember that makes me sad too.
Good for you though Angelina. Originally Posted by Marcus Aurelius
MA,

I am not reloating to Dubai....just Los Angeles. Although, I must say, I am actually looking into Dubai! How have you been?

xo

A
I been good Angelina. But the glow of our encounter is about to wear off so I hope you make it back soon! You are a very sweet girl. And, you are smart to consider all your options and maximize your earning power to the extent that it satisfies you and keeps you happy. Very happy to hear the great state of Texas will not remain totally in your rear view mirror. Originally Posted by barneyrubble
Barney,

At the moment, I am in Texas 65% of the time (including SA), so you will be seeing me tour Texas weekly. I thoroughly enjoyed the glow of our encounter and am very happy you had given me the chance to show you that I am different from the traditional.

xo

Angelina
Angelina...I wanna run away with you sexy lady...Im in Austin now...are YOU??
Call me
Kisses,
~Amelia

ps...
Interesting that this just-so happens to be my 69th post...heehee
MA,

I am not reloating to Dubai....just Los Angeles. Although, I must say, I am actually looking into Dubai! How have you been?

xo

A Originally Posted by Angelina Adams
I'm ok. I miss reading your thoughts though. You are such a well spoken no nonsense kind of gal. You appear to be one of those people meant for great things. Perhaps not in books but for all those that meet you.