Thanks kc..best trip ever ..but sad news when I got home

Sorry to hear about your house, that sucks :-(

When I leave for a few days or more in the winter, I shut off my main water valve to my house, turn off the water heater and open up my lowest faucet to allow the water in the pipes to drain. Then if my heat goes off due to power outages, I dont have to worry about frozen/ damaged pipes. As others said, Antifreeze in the toilets is a good idea, if you dont drain those too.
Ya even window washer fluid will work and it is much cheaper than antifreeze. Toxicity of fluid only matters if you drink out of the bowl. lol Guess need to keep pets away though. Originally Posted by royamcr

but you also have to think where that water goes when flushed. you are putting toxic chemicals into water that goes into rivers and streams! which in some cases is filtered into the public water supply. so i some cases right back through your faucet after it is harvested and re filtered.
Bullshit
Well made it thru the weekend..used neighbors bathroom. And walmart bathroom..lol

Then I used truck stop for showers.....my 7yr old grandkid was here all weekend so we made the best out of it we could...now new toilet is in place and pipes are in processed of being replaced..should be fixed by tomorrw.
(Hope so.. Ive lost 4 appts cause of it. Ugghhh)
I hate winter!

Then a weird thing happened at the truck stop today.... I had pulled up to gas pump,went in and paid for gas,went to bathroom,then went to pump gas..there was a huge winnebago pulling a truck on other side of my pump.. I put the gas nozzle in to pump my gas but he was pulling out at same time and crashed the side of rv into the pump..pulling it out of its place and leaking gas.. I got in my truck and pulled away leaving the gas nozzle to fall out of my tank.......scared the crap outta me... I keep picturing videos I had seen of things like that where the pump had exploded.. I pulled to front of store and got my money back... I was crying and shaking so hard one of the cops came over to give me my gas cap that I had left behind and he gave me a BIG hug!
Dee,
Absoulutey correct to get away from that asap. For the reasons you mention. I've seen the aftermath of one of those, and the underground tank had ruptured also. Pavement does melt.
Long time ago before the newer safty equip. but still.
I guess maybe I should videoed it for youtube
but you also have to think where that water goes when flushed. you are putting toxic chemicals into water that goes into rivers and streams! which in some cases is filtered into the public water supply. so i some cases right back through your faucet after it is harvested and re filtered. Originally Posted by satan666
Windshield washer fluid is better than flushing anti freeze. Windshield fluid isn't going to have the lubricants found in anti freeze. Most is all water with some alcohol.
  • R.M.
  • 01-09-2018, 06:37 AM
Everything okay now? I hate that happened. Hope all is well.
was that bullshit in response to my reply sm
well I now have running water &e a nw toilet...yeaaaa a hot shower!!