Any mechanics on the board? Please help.

So the power steering pump can cause this noise when low on fluid as previously stated. However, many other components that are driven by the accesory belt can also cause whining noises when the car is running but not moving. For example, idler pullies, tensioner (pulley), ac compressor, alternator, etc. Basically anything that uses a ball bearing as they can become pitted. It is this pitting that causes the noise. I'm assuming the whine will increase or change pitch or tone with rpm. Check the fluid level of your power steering. Sometimes the level can be full but a faulty o-ring on a power steering line at the pump can cause aeration of the fluid. This will cause a nasty whine to come from the PS pump. Very common for hondas. A mechanic's stethoscope would be ideal for locating the source of the noise.
I fixed the problem, it was low power steering fluid.

Spent $2 at Walmart and I'm back rolling!

Thank you for the ones who stayed appropriate throughout this,
Especially for all the personal responses.

Hope you all have a wonderful day,

Stay positive ��

XOXO QM
*vroom vroom*
I have a VERY GOOD mechanic in ATX if anyone is ever there, that is SUPER reasonable but works on exotic cars only.
Spent $2 at Walmart and I'm back rolling! Originally Posted by QueenMariah
What about the other $600 you got taken for?
What about the other $600 you got taken for? Originally Posted by tpepsi

Shoved it up your ass
Lol, such a hateful person.

Let me guess, you offered no compensation for all the free advice you received. Men are just wallets to you.
Lol, such a hateful person.

Let me guess, you offered no compensation for all the free advice you received. Men are just wallets to you. Originally Posted by tpepsi
You are so concerned about my situation, but why?

Shut up, i am actually a chill cool gal, I dont cause NO harm or trouble, plus those who actually know me will vouch and even say that I'm not even that type of person. You are just another troll on the board seeking attention and I will no longer put my energy towards YOU.

Good day, sir. I hope you seek mental advice for your issues. Misery loves company!
I got my $600 taken care of, been taken care of. Navy Federal takes care of those quite quickly
You are so concerned about my situation, but why?

Shut up, i am actually a chill cool gal, I dont cause NO harm or trouble, plus those who actually know me will vouch and even say that I'm not even that type of person. You are just another troll on the board seeking attention and I will no longer put my energy towards YOU.

Good day, sir. I hope you seek mental advice for your issues. Misery loves company! Originally Posted by QueenMariah
Deflection is such a good way to avoid answering the question.
So does minding your own business.
You are just another troll on the board seeking attention and I will no longer put my energy towards YOU.

Good day, sir. I hope you seek mental advice for your issues. Misery loves company! Originally Posted by QueenMariah
So does minding your own business. Originally Posted by QueenMariah
For the love of god woman, make up your fucking mind. Are you going to continue to put energy towards me or not?
  • Mokoa
  • 03-11-2018, 01:41 AM
Looks like the issue has been dealt with.

We are done here.