250 million years ago Antartica was a tropical paradise

• Tiny
  • 02-02-2019, 01:54 PM

Plus it would render any political or military involvement with any arab country moot. Originally Posted by ICU 812
In the meantime the Keystone pipeline from Canada would help. Add that to the shale plays in the USA and we’d be in good shape.
Ok, now my thoughts on what might make a difference.

I got to ride in a Tessla Model 3. It was like riding inside an iPhone. I have been a green technology doubter in the past and still do not buy into the emotional semi-religious BS. zBut for the first time, I can see that an all electric car is and can be a viable mode of transportation. If they can bring it down to the level of a Chevy and upgrade the stamina to a pick-up truck , this tech will be a partial solution. Yeah, I know about charging, power plants and so on . . .

the other half of my new world tech would be fuel cells. If the same strides can be made there as has been done with battery storage, the world might be saved yet. Decentralized power genertin with minimal green hous emissions would clean up China and zIndia. It would facilitate raising the standard of living or quality of life in any currently under developed area.

late in the first half of the previous century, we developed both the nuclear power plant and the atom bomb in three years from a flat footed start from scratch. I have long been disappointed that there has been no real federal commitment to developing Fusion power or Fuel Cell technology. Along with solar and wind (both of which haave drawbacks) these technologies could make the earth survivable again.

Plus it would render any political or military involvement with any arab country moot. Originally Posted by ICU 812
Just wait for the lithium wars.
Jackie, Parts of North America, South America, Australia, Antarctica and oceans were where Antarctica is now, see

http://www.diercke.com/kartenansicht...674&kartennr=2 Originally Posted by Tiny
I did not realize the Pangean Super Continent extended that far south.
  • WTF
  • 02-02-2019, 02:13 PM
I don't have to sell shit because I offer the market value that people want. They come to me.

() Originally Posted by friendly fred
Sure they do...all those Palestinians came right to you willingly giving you their land!
  • oeb11
  • 02-02-2019, 02:15 PM
The NY Times no longer accepts any point of view that is not strictly human causes for global warming.

Journalism now defines Science in their own terms - Agree with us or we rejects your articles.

What is clearly not understood is how much of "global warming" is man-gnerated - and how much is

part of a natural cycle of global warming and cooling. Earth has been both an iceball planet, and a planet with large oceans and no ice. We have been in a warming trend for thousands of years with the retreat of the last ice age 11.000 years ago.

How much of current trends - in a very short term from geologic ages perspective - is clearly man- caused.

That proof is not in.

Does that mean not to pay attention to our huge CO2 production. -No

Our species will be required to adapt to changing climate - whether we change our ways or not. India and China will only pollute more as their populations grow - and they will not change themselves regardless of any world opinion.
ICU...fusion power being viable anytime soon...not so much.
Fusion is two lighter elements"fussing' to make a heaver element,
with fission it's just the other way around.
The sun is a main sequence star fussing two hydrogen nuclei to form a helium nuclei and in this process it produces a MASSIVE amount of energy with relatively no radio activity compared to fission.
The real problem is it takes an extreme temperature and pressure...27 million degrees F and pressures 340 billion times that on earth and the has to be contained in an equally MASSIVE magnetic field... twice the earths but its surface is 12 thousand times larger so you multiply that...I'm not going to put the equation here but you can easily look it up.
Hydrogen cell technology I think is very promising...Hydrogen being the most abundant in the universe...by far...never run out of that!

I got to ride in a Tessla Model 3. It was like riding inside an iPhone. I have been a green technology doubter in the past and still do not buy into the emotional semi-religious BS. zBut for the first time, I can see that an all electric car is and can be a viable mode of transportation. If they can bring it down to the level of a Chevy and upgrade the stamina to a pick-up truck , this tech will be a partial solution. Yeah, I know about charging, power plants and so on . . .

the other half of my new world tech would be fuel cells. If the same strides can be made there as has been done with battery storage, the world might be saved yet. Decentralized power genertin with minimal green hous emissions would clean up China and zIndia. It would facilitate raising the standard of living or quality of life in any currently under developed area.

late in the first half of the previous century, we developed both the nuclear power plant and the atom bomb in three years from a flat footed start from scratch. I have long been disappointed that there has been no real federal commitment to developing Fusion power or Fuel Cell technology. Along with solar and wind (both of which haave drawbacks) these technologies could make the earth survivable again.

I agree. And when we get out of the Middle East we need to tell the Arabs and the Jews to figure it the fuck out. We don't owe either of them shit. Hopefully I live to see the day that fraud Netanyahu is sent to the dessert on a camel
  • WTF
  • 02-02-2019, 03:10 PM
I agree. And when we get out of the Middle East we need to tell the Arabs and the Jews to figure it the fuck out. We don't owe either of them shit. Hopefully I live to see the day that fraud Netanyahu is sent to the dessert on a camel Originally Posted by themystic

friendly freds motherland is in deep caca whwn this country is not worried about Middle Eastern Oil
- Originally Posted by Austin Ellen
IB just because you had SRS surgery doesn't mean you can have 2 handles. You need to decide are you more man or more woman. If you cant I understand. You people have your rights. I have heard that many of your have dual personalities due to the SRS. MAGA sugar plum

Fuel cells are superior to batteries in my opinion, too.
Sure they do...all those Palestinians came right to you willingly giving you their land! Originally Posted by WTF
They acknowledge who is more capable with the assets.
I agree. And when we get out of the Middle East we need to tell the Arabs and the Jews to figure it the fuck out. We don't owe either of them shit. Hopefully I live to see the day that fraud Netanyahu is sent to the dessert on a camel Originally Posted by themystic
I assume you mean me no offense with that statement?
IB just because you had SRS surgery doesn't mean you can have 2 handles. You need to decide are you more man or more woman. If you cant I understand. You people have your rights. I have heard that many of your have dual personalities due to the SRS. MAGA sugar plum Originally Posted by themystic
Communicating with two handles is more viable than how you communicate using only two brain cells.
  • WTF
  • 02-02-2019, 06:26 PM
They acknowledge who is more capable with the assets. Originally Posted by friendly fred
Yes and lucky for you , mostly with only rocks!