OUTCALL/INCALL RATE VARIANCE

Hey Tolstoy, please hold off on the 4" thread bumps. I'm trying to nurse an honest hangover here. Originally Posted by TexasT
I'm sorry, but what was your contribution to the thread topic of OUTCALL/INCALL RATE VARIANCE?

After you sober back up, you may want to take a moment to read St. Christopher's GUIDE TO ECCIE BOARD DECORUM.
The interesting thing about the pricing that inspired the original thread was that the extra was $50 for an hour, but was just $25 on longer time periods.

That one makes no sense to me (though I would not complain about the discount). Call it a "travel fee" or an "outcall charge," but if the idea of the extra $ is to offset travel costs, prep time, aggravation, then it would make sense to me that it's a flat charge.

Travel time doesn't shrink just because someone stays an extra 30 minutes in the same place, and the drive does not become any shorter. In fact, in some cities, due to parking, the cost could actually go up for a longer visit.

I recognize that dropping the price differential on a longer outcall encourages that longer appointment, but the truth is that if someone said "It's 50 bucks for me to travel to you," I would expect that cost to stay the same ... and the provider could probably make extra $$$ by saying "Here is my rate ... add $50 for all outcalls" instead of listing incall/outcall pricing for each time period. (And then, if they truly want to encourage longer visits, it could be "Add $50 to all outcalls of less than 4 hours.")
Would have to agree with former lady poster that incall provides an, at least perceived, more secure environment.
Did not see mentioned, but own humble observation is that when Police organize a sting to arrest a provider it is most often in an outcall setting.
Both weighty matters now most important, but legal issues seem lately to predominate as police departments try to justify their budgets by making arrests.
  • npita
  • 03-10-2010, 10:41 AM
The interesting thing about the pricing that inspired the original thread was that the extra was $50 for an hour, but was just $25 on longer time periods.

That one makes no sense to me Originally Posted by MrInvisible
It doesn't to be either for the reason you noted elsewhere in your post. However, the simplest thing to do is what I did. If a provider's rate structure made no sense or it made sense only by interpreting to imply something that didn't fit what I wanted (e.g., I assumed that insignificant or no discount for multiple hours meant she did not want multiple hour, regular clients), I just looked elsewhere. Discussing rates, regardless of intent, always results in drama. It's best to just draw your own conclusions (if any) about a provider from her rate structure and act accordingly.
. . .I just looked elsewhere. Discussing rates, regardless of intent, always results in drama. It's best to just draw your own conclusions (if any) about a provider from her rate structure and act accordingly. Originally Posted by npita
That is a very good point. Hopefully this board is a good place to hold a decent conversation about such things without it sliding into drama.

If we can bring such questions out in a tactful way, it may help providers and hobbyists alike. It will help clear any confusion, and for all we know it was a typo, difference in intended perception, or a small miscalculation the provider may have not been aware of.

I think if we keep any conversations about fee structures/variances tactful we will avoid drama. You can't really blame a provider for becoming defensive or upset if a gent comes across as telling her what to do in a tone that is as much attack as anything, rather than just asking why they did it because you really do want to learn and understand.

That is sort of the purpose of this board. . .exchanging information to improve the hobby community.

This:

You have been doing this for 25 years and still have to ask all these stupid questions? Originally Posted by cpi3000
Is no worse then this:

I'm sorry, but what was your contribution to the thread topic of OUTCALL/INCALL RATE VARIANCE?

After you sober back up, you may want to take a moment to read St. Christopher's GUIDE TO ECCIE BOARD DECORUM. Originally Posted by ANONONE
CPI didn't attack you, he merely questioned why you have so many questions about providers business practices. And that's why these threads tend to go down the drain.

Girls usually charge more for an outcall for many different reasons. There is no universal answer. Some do it for primarily for safety. Some do it primarily to cover the time and gas spent driving to the location. Some do it because primarily with an incall, they can book more appointments, and they lose that time spent driving back and forth. I do it because I get lost extremely easily, somehow even with my GPS, so I usually have to leave very early, missing out on time I could be studying or doing other things.

There's variety in this hobby, that's one of the most fantastic things about it. If you have a problem with a girl charging extra for her to drive to your location, then you have a few options: A) Suck it up and see her, B) If you're on good terms and/or she's a very low volume (would only get a room to see you) and/or your location is close to where she's staying, simply ask her to waive the outcall fee, or C), Don't see her.

Now, can these threads stop please? There are plenty of topics out there that are much more neutral.
You have been doing this for 25 years and still have to ask all these stupid questions? Originally Posted by cpi3000

Be nice . . . He from the Ohio Valley and has obviously been suffering from brain freeze. Summer is coming. He will eventually thaw out.
Exactly Adrielle.

I'm a really patient guy, but the Andy Rooney quality of some of these threads ("Did you ever wonder why girls watch the clock..." or "Did you ever wonder why girls charge more to come see you instead of staying at their incall") are guaranteed to stir up shit.

Why do you think a plumber charges $35 to come to your house before he even starts to work? Time, effort, gas, etc. I don't like it, but we all know thats the way the game is played.

My comments are NOT a personal attack. But you gotta know people don't like their business models questioned, especially in an eclectic industry like this. It just creates drama, which we all hate.
Exactly Adrielle.

I'm a really patient guy, but the Andy Rooney quality of some of these threads ("Did you ever wonder why girls watch the clock..." or "Did you ever wonder why girls charge more to come see you instead of staying at their incall") are guaranteed to stir up shit.

Why do you think a plumber charges $35 to come to your house before he even starts to work? Time, effort, gas, etc. I don't like it, but we all know thats the way the game is played.

My comments are NOT a personal attack. But you gotta know people don't like their business models questioned, especially in an eclectic industry like this. It just creates drama, which we all hate. Originally Posted by TexasT
Who's your plumber? $35 service call is a bargain. The last one I called was $195 (& that was before any service beyond diagnosis was performed)

I agree that most of us should "get" why in most cases an outcall costs more than an incall. Unfortunately not everyone does.

In defense of "threads like these" -- I'd rather have a little drama on a message board than, if I was a provider, having a bunch of idiots calling me & trying to explain to me how dumb my business model was, when if thru a thread like this a few (more) guys "get it"
Anonone...I appreciate that you're trying to post threads what you perceive as being thought provoking. However, in all honesty, this thread has been rehashed so many times, for so many years, it's rather archaic and boring...imho.

In defense of "threads like these" -- I'd rather have a little drama on a message board than, if I was a provider, having a bunch of idiots calling me & trying to explain to me how dumb my business model was, when if thru a thread like this a few (more) guys "get it"
altcomedy...with all due respect...you would think so...but you have no idea how many hobbyists can't even read a a simple "ad" or take the time to do so...it's ridiculous! And, you think they're going to read a moronic thread like this and become "Enlightened?" OMGoodness, that's pretty funny!

Bottomline...ONCE AGAIN...It's really no one's business how we determine what we charge...for in/outcall...it's up to each individual provider and what our circumstances may be. Now...altcomedy...this comment has been posted how many times...in how many threads...how many hobbyists do you suppose "get it" by now? I know of at least ONE who hasn't "got it" yet!
Anonone...I appreciate that you're trying to post threads what you perceive as being thought provoking. However, in all honesty, this thread has been rehashed so many times, for so many years, it's rather archaic and boring...imho.

altcomedy...with all due respect...you would think so...but you have no idea how many hobbyists can't even read a a simple "ad" or take the time to do so...it's ridiculous! And, you think they're going to read a moronic thread like this and become "Enlightened?" OMGoodness, that's pretty funny!

Bottomline...ONCE AGAIN...It's really no one's business how we determine what we charge...for in/outcall...it's up to each individual provider and what our circumstances may be. Now...altcomedy...this comment has been posted how many times...in how many threads...how many hobbyists do you suppose "get it" by now? I know of at least ONE who hasn't "got it" yet! Originally Posted by Likinikki
Well it was thought provoking to some. It also answered my curiosity. It wasn't that I didn't think there was a good a rationale, I was just curious as to what it was.

We all have a right to our opinions and to ask questions--that is why this board is here after all. Just as you have a right to think this is a boring subject, and come into the thread and tell everybody how boring you think it is.

See isn't this free speech thing kind of fun?

By the way on that whole "questioning a business plan thing" I fully understand it when someone is being rude and attacking ladies. When jerks do that, they have the full fury coming to them for the scorn they initiated.

Keep in mind, business plans in the real world are regularly questioned by consumers. Are you telling me you have never once asked a car dealer, carpet salesperson, appliance salesperson, etc. about why they charge this or have a warranty policy such as that?

Really?

Maybe I am just weird. I was just getting a estimate today on a large home remodeling project. I notice something about about the price structure and asked the person why they were charging more than the measured space for the material. They explained it was for cut material that would become unused remnants. I nodded and agreed that it made perfect sense, but then I noticed they were using that same rate to charge me for installation. I explained that I understood why they were charging me for material waste, but they were not actually installing or handling the remnants so they should not be using that same rate to determine the installation fee. The company agreed it was a very valid point and it changed the price of the project by a few hundred dollars. All because I asked a question about their policy. If I had not asked. . .

I think if you are being honest you probably do the same thing as you shop and do business.

Again, I am not talking about rude people that go off on an abusive rant and try to push providers around and insult them.

This started as an innocent and honest question. Looking over at the view and post count, it looks like not everyone feels this was a waste of time.

Thank you for adding your perspective though. I apologize if you took this thread as being disrespectful to you.
No offense taken hon...but, please understand that you're not talking apples to apples...this is a very unique type of business. I am not a car dealer, carpet salesperson, nor an appliance salesperson. I happen to own my business and determine what my rates are...therefore, I make all the rules. Can you question me...of course you can/do...is it respectful and wise...absolutely not.

I get my nails done...and a pedicure...do I go and ask them why they charge what they do or ask for a discount just because I go to that particular salon by choice? No sir...never...in all the years I've been getting my nails and toes done have I ever disrespected any salon by questioning their posted charges. Every salon has a menu of their services...I look and if it doesn't seem reasonable...I move on, end of story.
No offense taken hon...but, please understand that you're not talking apples to apples...this is a very unique type of business. I am not a car dealer, carpet salesperson, nor an appliance salesperson. I happen to own my business and determine what my rates are...therefore, I make all the rules. . . Originally Posted by Likinikki
Uhhhm. . .the person I took my installation rate question was the owner of the company.

I am just sayin. . . LOL!!!!

But, yes I do get your perspective. I hope you get mine.

Take care and have fun out there!
But...we're not an installation company either hon...and you still don't get it, so I'm over this. Have a good week!
But...we're not an installation company either hon...and you still don't get it, so I'm over this. Have a good week! Originally Posted by Likinikki
No, but correct me if I am wrong, you are in the service industry.

Hmmm. . .it sounds like you want it to be both ways. It seems like you want to be treated as a serious business person, but also shroud that business in old ideas of mystique and taboo. Now I may be more confused than I was when this thread started.