Did Trump really want to win?

I was sick of his shit before he was even President. I thought maybe as President he would shape up and fly right, but nope he got even worse. Originally Posted by royamcr
I thought he would get a little normal too, but I guess guys like him just can't let getting drunk on the abuse of power. He did not do so, and that's why he's gone.

Nobody really likes bullies. And Trump is about as bad as it gets and then cries foul when he gets bitch slapped back. What an orange pussy. Dude is a disgrace.
Since the pandemic Trump appeared to me to be just sick of battling the dims rhetoric. The lsm's 24/7 assault on him and his family. The overblown chinese wuhan virus. The deeply ingrained swamp and folks that played both sides for individual gains.

I believe Trump did a great job! Again no one has had really any different results in battling covid! Its worldwide and everyone has lost lives and failed to contain it permanently. Our economy is great, the World sees us as a super power again and unemployment for minorities has never been lower. Exposed just how deep the swamp is. Trump did a Great Job!

But! Trump spent very little of his own money. Appeared sick of the constant unfounded attacks. Seemed uninterested in the debates and whole process. His tweeting and demeanor was not conducive to winning an election. I truly think Trump didnt care if he won or not. I dont blame him.

Trump made America great again. Its sad that politics is really a popularity contest and not who can do the best job! Because Trump did more great things in one term than many Presidential terms before him.

He has plenty of money and can go back to the private sector and not have the constant bickering from the left. Melania more than likely will divorce him once outta office. Shes just a gold digger anyways. Good riddance. She was a terrible first lady. His kids look set for futures in whatever they want to do.

Just an observation and my opinion. Trump didnt care if he won or lost. I think he really wants to go back to his business ventures! I wish him well. Originally Posted by winn dixie
I said months ago that I thought he was deliberately trying to lose because so many of his actions were inexplicably stupid. His first debate performance cemented that opinion.

But he isn't going to get ANY opportunities once he is out. The people who supported him because they had no choice won't have anything to do with him once he is out.

Ask yourself a simple question - would YOU invest YOUR money with him? After reading all the revelations on his finances? Not a chance.

Trump has always been a salesman, not a businessman. And everyone now knows that. The Apprentice TV show brought him over $400 million in the 2000s. That is MORE money that he made in real estate.

How can anyone own that many properties in NY and other big cities and NOT make money?

Answer - somebody else owned a lot of those properties and Trump merely licensed his name to those ententies. A LOT of those companies are going to dump him and rebrand under a new name now that Trump is in no position to hurt them.

His dreams of a media empire are laughable. Who would pay a subscription to read his idiotic tweets.

In short, not only is he not going to make money once he is out, he will have a hard time holding on to what he has. All of his family members' businesses are going to tank also.

In light of his propensity to exaggerate the value of his businesses and his habit of stiffing creditors, it will be very difficult for him to get favorable terms on any business deals. Potential partners, if any, will do far more due diligence and drive hard bargains.

He is finally going to get his comeuppance.
Of course he wanted to win. He is, and has reason to be concerned, that he will be facing criminal investigations when he is out of office. He also has concerns that his kids might be investigated as well. What’s worse is he’s going to be facing mounting debt and a cast decrease in people filling up his hotels, particularly govt employees and foreign govt members. Knowing that he’ll lose the protections provided him currently he wanted very much to win.

But he didn’t. He lost. Such a great day. We made America great again.
I thought he would get a little normal too, but I guess guys like him just can't let getting drunk on the abuse of power. He did not do so, and that's why he's gone.

Nobody really likes bullies. And Trump is about as bad as it gets and then cries foul when he gets bitch slapped back. What an orange pussy. Dude is a disgrace. Originally Posted by Lucas McCain
Waited and waited and hoped against hope that he would make the big pivot that Fox and others predicted. I didn't see how he'd do it, given the fact that he's shown his ass to the world for decades. Hoped he'd surround himself with good people. Prayed for America, I really did!

Then Twitler took office and ON THE FIRST DAY ...

And then came the rage whining, Tweeting and Sean Spicering.

That piece of shit never gave America the chance to give him a chance. But frankly, he doesn't get to just skulk off into the depths. Trump and his cronies need to be held accountable for the nation they fucked up.

Those who believe Americans haven't heard the end of Donald Trump need to realize that Donald Trump hasn't heard the end of the American people.

Fuck that guy.
How can anyone own that many properties in NY and other big cities and NOT make money?

Answer - somebody else owned a lot of those properties and Trump merely licensed his name to those ententies. A LOT of those companies are going to dump him and rebrand under a new name now that Trump is in no position to hurt them. Originally Posted by Kinkster90210
Yep, his cult following actually thinks he owns all of those properties because they don't understand licensing versus actual ownership. The properties he actually owns, best of luck to him to pay those loans back because that's not happening.

This country does not need a highly leveraged president who is full of shit about his finances like Trump. What do you think that piece of shit will do to make up the money to pay his debts?
Good post Winn.

In some ways I think the same way. I thought the Covid just pushed him over the line as well. After finally clearing 3 years of impeachment abuse etc it was like the last breath of a dying person. He lost ability to lead. Not knowing what to do he threw Pence under the bus to tackle Covid which we could debate about forever. But briefings stopped, his political campaign was non existent up until 30-60 days out. During the summer I often wondered if he might just not run for a second term. Which in hindsight I'm sure he wishes he had chosen that option now that he is faced with a potential loss.
Good post Winn.

In some ways I think the same way. I thought the Covid just pushed him over the line as well. After finally clearing 3 years of impeachment abuse etc it was like the last breath of a dying person. He lost ability to lead. Not knowing what to do he threw Pence under the bus to tackle Covid which we could debate about forever. But briefings stopped, his political campaign was non existent up until 30-60 days out. During the summer I often wondered if he might just not run for a second term. Which in hindsight I'm sure he wishes he had chosen that option now that he is faced with a potential loss. Originally Posted by DTickler
He coulda led. Ya know, that’s the job he chose.