USA Energy Uber Alles!

• WTF
  • 02-20-2022, 10:45 AM
I read that, or scanned it anyway, a few days ago. I believe they fail to note that the courts stepped in and put a stop to the suspension of issuance of drilling permits and leases. But I haven’t seen where the Biden administration appealed the decisions. So maybe it’s like the Hyde Amendment, Biden’s not a true believer in the bans but just incorporated them into his campaign platform to get the Democratic nomination. There are however a lot of true believers, Progressives, in the party who do want to get rid of fossil fuels. And they’ve become the guiding lights in the party and the Biden administration. Originally Posted by Tiny
My point was to invest on actual facts and not reporting from Hannity.

May I borrow from Twain and say for Big Oil " The reports of my demise are greatly exaggerated !
  • WTF
  • 02-20-2022, 03:54 PM
One slight correction ( opinion )

The extraordinary growth in U.S. oil and gas production is a geopolitical and economic asset for the U.S. that contributes to global energy security. Until Joe Biden came in and fucked it all up and now we import more oil from Russia than we did in 2019. Originally Posted by HedonistForever
Do you know why we import more oil from Russia than we did in 2019?

I'll give you a hint....it has nothing to do with our domestic oil production.

One more hint...the law of unintended consequences.
  • WTF
  • 02-20-2022, 04:00 PM
Many think Biden may take sanctions off Iran.

https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-G...il-Prices.html
Bringing more supply, on the other hand, is now more challenging than before the pandemic. ESG issues and the energy transition for the international majors, as well as the new-found and still-largely-holding capital discipline of U.S. shale producers, combine with supply chain bottlenecks, labor shortages, and cost inflation. $100 oil could unleash a lot more U.S. oil production, in theory, but supply chain constraints and record-high frac sand prices are likely to temper growth, analysts at Rystad Energy say.

Global investments in supply rose in 2021 compared to 2020 and are expected to rise this year as well, but they will still lag pre-pandemic levels, all forecasters say. The oil majors have not boosted exploration investments too much, while U.S. shale basically needs to raise investment just to keep production flat. According to the International Energy Agency (IEA), the oil majors’ share of overall upstream spending is now at 25 percent, compared with nearly 40 percent in the mid-2010s.

Unlike oil majors, national oil companies, especially ADNOC of Abu Dhabi and Saudi Aramco, are investing more in new supply as they each look to raise their respective production capacities by 1 million barrels per day (bpd) by the end of this decade
My point was to invest on actual facts and not reporting from Hannity. Originally Posted by WTF
Which brokerage company does Hannity work for? You can't mean the Fox News guy? Last time I checked he was a talk show host, not an investment adviser.
... Oil independent... just a good year ago...

Not anymore... Just higher petrol gas prices. ... And sad EXCUSES.

### Salty
Hey Tiny, there isn’t a “West Germany” anymore. It’s just GERMANY again!!!! Originally Posted by bambino
Did Mitch tell you to pray for “West Germany” too????? Originally Posted by bambino
West Germany. I’m so humiliated. I’m going to strive to up my game, so that what I write would be something you’d happily quote, like the stuff on Telegram. Originally Posted by Tiny
looks like he thinks hes still in the 1980s. lol.
How many of you have invested in energy stocks? Originally Posted by WTF
  • WTF
  • 02-22-2022, 04:21 AM
... Oil independent... just a good year ago...

Not anymore... Just higher petrol gas prices. ... And sad EXCUSES.

### Salty Originally Posted by Salty Again
Which brokerage company does Hannity work for? You can't mean the Fox News guy? Last time I checked he was a talk show host, not an investment adviser. Originally Posted by lustylad
Yes, yes he is...that was my fucking point Einstein.

Salty is an example of some numbnut listening to a talk show host to form opinions on global oil supply which is fools gold....I rest my case.

lusty your infatuation with me is clouding what little common sense you have.

Care to answer the question I asked HedonistForever?

I'll give you a hint....it has nothing to do with our domestic oil production.

One more hint...the law of unintended consequences. Originally Posted by WTF
  • Tiny
  • 02-22-2022, 06:34 AM

Care to answer the question I asked HedonistForever?

One more hint….the law of unintended consequences Originally Posted by WTF
Because some American refineries are geared to process heavy oil? And because for many years Democrats delayed, and then killed, the Keystone XL pipeline, which would have supplied more heavy Canadian crude to USA refineries? And they also kneecapped California heavy oil producers? So American refineries are sourcing feedstock from Russia instead?

Yes, unintended consequences for the American left. They played right into the hands of Vladimir Putin, who they blame for stealing the 2016 election from them.

That’s not the whole story. You also have to consider the economics of shale oil production in the USA versus conventional production in Russia at lower oil prices, the Russian tax structure on oil and semi-refined products, and what’s happened to Venezuelan heavy oil production over the years. If you’d like I’ll provide more detail.

And I’m not sure your statement is entirely correct. I’d be surprised if US imports of Russian oil in recent months were higher than in December, 2019. Russia recently jacked up taxes on heavy oil which should reduce their heavy oil production, and thus their exports to the USA in the medium to long term.
  • Tiny
  • 02-22-2022, 07:10 AM
looks like he thinks hes still in the 1980s. lol. Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm
Did Mitch tell you to pray for “West Germany” too????? Originally Posted by bambino
I realized I wrote that about 2 minutes afterwards but was late for dinner so didn’t correct it. Bambino’s having a hard time coming back at me with something substantive about COVID and the 2020 election so I guess he’s grasping at straws. Seriously Bambino I appreciate that you actually must have read the post to have picked that out. You may not like it, but as COVID and the 2020 election disappear into the sunset we’re probably going to agree more than we disagree.
  • WTF
  • 02-22-2022, 07:41 AM
Because some American refineries are geared to process heavy oil? And because for many years Democrats delayed, and then killed, the Keystone XL pipeline, which would have supplied more heavy Canadian crude to USA refineries? And they also kneecapped California heavy oil producers? So American refineries are sourcing feedstock from Russia instead?

Yes, unintended consequences for the American left. They played right into the hands of Vladimir Putin, who they blame for stealing the 2016 election from them.

That’s not the whole story. You also have to consider the economics of shale oil production in the USA versus conventional production in Russia at lower oil prices, the Russian tax structure on oil and semi-refined products, and what’s happened to Venezuelan heavy oil production over the years. If you’d like I’ll provide more detail.

And I’m not sure your statement is entirely correct. I’d be surprised if US imports of Russian oil in recent months were higher than in December, 2019. Russia recently jacked up taxes on heavy oil which should reduce their heavy oil production, and thus their exports to the USA in the medium to long term. Originally Posted by Tiny
I'll give you points for trying. You may even get more points if you provide more details.

Your XL analysis is bogus though.
  • WTF
  • 02-22-2022, 07:48 AM
Here let me do this for yall. Listening to Sean Hannity has made many of y'alls minds mush.

https://www.spglobal.com/en/research...el-for-thought

US efforts to starve Venezuela’s Maduro regime of oil revenues have substantially increased the role of Russian energy in the US Gulf Coast, an outcome the Trump administration likely never anticipated when it put sanctions in place over a year ago.

The situation has created a significant shift in product flows into Gulf Coast refineries and appears to have complicated the Trump administration’s plans to increase pressure on Venezuela, including plans to sanction Russian state oil Rosneft, which have remained on hold for months.

The embargo on Venezuelan crude oil, ongoing OPEC production cuts and the impacts of the International Maritime Organization’s overhaul of marine fuel sulfur regulations have created an unexpected opportunity in Gulf Coast refineries for exporters of Russian petroleum. It also presents a challenge for the Trump administration, which continues to threaten Rosneft with sanctions for its continued trade with PDVSA, Venezuela’s state-run oil company.
  • Tiny
  • 02-22-2022, 07:58 AM
The OPEC quotas thing is bogus. Russia agreed to cut along with OPEC.
  • WTF
  • 02-22-2022, 08:00 AM
The OPEC quotas thing is bogus. Russia agreed to cut along with OPEC. Originally Posted by Tiny
Please explain what the fuc that has to do with the price of tea in China?

Do you disagree with the fact that Venezuela sanctions led to more heavy crude imported from Russia?
  • WTF
  • 02-22-2022, 08:02 AM
https://www.freightwaves.com/news/wh...-crude-by-rail

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/keyst...iden-1.5882313

With Canada already moving 500,000 barrels a day by rail to the U.S., Keystone XL may have just picked up the slack from the rail system, he said.