Court Ruling Opens Phones To Warrantless Searches

I think the real advice here is being overlooked. If there is a real criminal case involving you, they can get all this info, no problem. They have the time for the courts to get orders, etc.

The day in/day out advice here involves texting while driving, etc. If you get pulled over, even if they use txt'ing as an excuse to pull you over, the cop making the stop can't get into your phone if it's locked, and you don't have to give him the password. If it's unlocked, he can ask for your phone and look, no problem.
So my only question is why are you using your personal phone? As someone mentioned before me....pick up a prepaid phone at walmart. Don't store numbers, have them saved elsewhere if at all. Leave your real phone at home or work and just take your hobby phone with you but don't turn it on except to use it and not at your house, place of work, or anywhere else you frequent if you are paranoid about backtracking your GPS. But I see why there is worry. What is invasion of privacy and can the law really get at it. Those I can't answer but I am just curious. How many people have hobby phones and how many use their personal phones?
Thank you for all the responses to this thread.

I like what Missy said. Good idea.

I keep my lives separate, for many reasons (as I'm sure most do as well.) Therefore, I have a hobby pre-paid phone with no real world info linked back and also delete texts and numbers as soon as possible. As soon as I am in an appointment, whether that would be an incall or outcall, I turn my hobby phone off (you have to enter password as soon as you turn it back on). I only keep the numbers of the gentlemen who say they want me to save it. I also have a personal phone that I never use for the hobby. Both of my phones are password-protected and also set to reset should anyone try to get in the phone, after so many tries.

MarieLynn