He's Not Joking This Time

Gee, if he said Obama was wonderful, I bet a lot these people would be praising him. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy

So yes I tend to praise those who are on the same side of the fence I am on. I think most celebrities excluding the (political comedians) ie; Bill Maher, John Stewart, Steven Colbert - (we all know what their political insights are), have their own opinions and ideas on politics. Just as we all do. Some celebs are more educated than others.. especially on how the economy works and how congress works etc.

However a celeb should be very careful not to piss off their fans and tread carefully on talking politics that are not of a populist nature..IMHO
So yes I tend to praise those who are on the same side of the fence I am on. I think most celebrities excluding the (political comedians) ie; Bill Maher, John Stewart, Steven Colbert - (we all know what their political insights are), have their own opinions and ideas on politics. Just as we all do. Some celebs are more educated than others.. especially on how the economy works and how congress works etc.

However a celeb should be very careful not to piss off their fans and tread carefully on talking politics that are not of a populist nature..IMHO Originally Posted by Sexyeccentric1
Actors are much like politicians in that they convince fans and followers that they are someone other than who they are. Basically, both groups are masterful liars. Six hundred years ago actors were ostracized by society as degenerates because they made their living through deceit.
  • Doove
  • 04-25-2012, 02:27 PM
He voted for him, but now he's shocked (SHOCKED!) that Obama thinks rich people should pay more in taxes. As if that was a big secret we didn't know about during the election.

The world is becoming littered with comedians who become insignificant....who then become conservative windbag comedians begging for an audience.
Doof, you are saying you are a wanna be comedian?
Lovitz made a good point, just as any citizen might. He happens to be an entertainer. Big deal. I wouldn't give him any more credibility because he is a celebrity, but the point was good, regardless who made it.
  • Doove
  • 04-25-2012, 05:26 PM
Lovitz made a good point, just as any citizen might. He happens to be an entertainer. Big deal. I wouldn't give him any more credibility because he is a celebrity, but the point was good, regardless who made it. Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy
I call bullshit.

The same point's been made here 1000 times already. And i don't see you linking to "good points" made by any average joe posting on Larry Kudlow's blog.

So the reality is that it was all about trying to make us think someone famous agrees with you.
You said the Supreme Court agrees with you, and that made you feel important, why can't I have Jon Lovitz? They're both famous. Geez, I can't get a break.

You know he is a dead man. Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn

I think he just resurrected his career.

The man's a genius!
Yea I always liked him. He is very funny. Now I put him up there with "THE NUG". Dude has balls!
He is more than likely a GOP plant.
No self respecting Democrat would admit the truth.
He is more than likely a GOP plant.
No self respecting Democrat would admit the truth. Originally Posted by The2Dogs

He was a closet Republican all along.
  • Doove
  • 04-26-2012, 04:07 AM
The world is becoming littered with comedians who become insignificant....who then become conservative windbag comedians begging for an audience. Originally Posted by Doove
See what i mean?

I think he just resurrected his career.

The man's a genius! Originally Posted by TheDaliLama
Yea I always liked him. He is very funny. Now I put him up there with "THE NUG". Dude has balls! Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB