Chocolate ('nuf said)

Kind of chocolate (your favorite?) - Moe's Dark Chocolate Bacon Bar by Vosges
How often - weekly
Addiction - not until I tasted bacon + chocolate together.
Anything else about it (a favorite gift sometime?) - First got it as a gift, found it at a local gourmet store, now I buy it weekly with my groceries.

So, what are your preferences?
  • Kind of chocolate (your favorite?)
  • How often
  • Addiction
  • Anything else about it (a favorite gift sometime?)
I lean towards pedestrian chocolate (not the fancy stuff). My favorite are M&M peanuts.

Daily, while I am reading.

Not addicted. I have been known to go without for long periods of time. Originally Posted by charlestudor2005
Go to the Chocolate Bar in Houston, where every hour is happy hour.

http://www.theoriginalchocolatebar.com/ Originally Posted by pyramider
Van Lys Truffles sold at Spec's. Buy it during the nonsummer months because it has an extremely low melting point because it uses palm oil instead of sugar.

I was born a Texas Hillbilly and thought you couldn't do any better than Hershey's for decades (no snickers please).
  • Bliss
  • 08-09-2010, 11:09 PM
I love dark chocolate with fruit or red wine. I love a good square of dark chocolate in my mouth and to follow it with a big sip of red wine to melt the chocolate right in my mouth......mmmm.

Love, love, love, the dark chocolate orange or raspberry jelly sticks.
I love dark chocolate with fruit or red wine. I love a good square of dark chocolate in my mouth and to follow it with a big sip of red wine to melt the chocolate right in my mouth......mmmm. Originally Posted by Bliss
Ahh, my other weakness, vintage ports. Ports go great with chocolate.
I recently had this amazing chocolate made by a local shop. It's dark chocolate with sea salt and bleu cheese powder. Heavenly!

I wish I could remember the name of the store. It's a dream come true for salty-sweet combination lovers such as myself!
Sal de mare goes well on everything. those who travel to France should always bring some back (I'll take it off your hands).
Wowee by Maui is the best. No wax in the chocolate.
Sal de mare goes well on everything. those who travel to France should always bring some back (I'll take it off your hands). Originally Posted by SR Only
I give up, whats Sal de mare?
Sea Salt. But I threw you off with my hackneyed spelling. This might make more sense: sel de mer.
Sea Salt
  • MrGiz
  • 08-10-2010, 09:00 PM
My current favorite treat is Daivya, in New Orleans.... Sweeter and more delectable than you can possibly imagine!!

Giz
Sea Salt. But I threw you off with my hackneyed spelling. This might make more sense: sel de mer. Originally Posted by SR Only
Thanks. I'm glad I never claimed to be smart. Salt and chocolate is a good combo. I love pepper and chocolate. It's on of the things I always have in the kitchen, red pepper and chocolate bars. I'm also a hot food and sauce nut.
It's on of the things I always have in the kitchen, red pepper and chocolate bars. I'm also a hot food and sauce nut. Originally Posted by ed_mustafa
Hope the new puppy survives this diet...
Thanks. I'm glad I never claimed to be smart. Salt and chocolate is a good combo. I love pepper and chocolate. It's on of the things I always have in the kitchen, red pepper and chocolate bars. I'm also a hot food and sauce nut. Originally Posted by ed_mustafa
I think I made it obscure. But the sea salt is wonderful on a ton of foods.
Any of Reese’s candy bars, Chocolate Truffles, White chocolate and Macadamia nut cookies.

Am I the only one that thought this thread was going to be about black providers?