What If The Young People "Just Say No"

If it will increase to 2% of gross income. Originally Posted by Misawahawk
That will still not be enough to cover the unfunded costs ..
  • CJ7
  • 10-24-2013, 04:34 PM
What is "the lie"? Originally Posted by LexusLover

quote me in full or stfu
He's an addled Medicare recipient who is so old he was eating burgers in AUSTIN when Harry Truman was president. or else he's a fucking liar...
He's an addled Medicare recipient who is so old he was eating burgers in AUSTIN when Harry Truman was president. or else he's a fucking liar... Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
So, you were sucking dicks in Austin when Clinton was president.
So, you were sucking dicks in Austin when Clinton was president. Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB

What is your real name iffy ? Monica..
If a person elects not to have health insurance they will pay a fine. This year it's pretty small, but 3 years from now it will increase to 2% of gross income. Originally Posted by Misawahawk
Sounds almost illegal doesn't it.
  • CJ7
  • 10-24-2013, 10:21 PM
Sounds almost illegal doesn't it. Originally Posted by acp5762

it would if people didn't have a choice, but they do, soooooo
it would if people didn't have a choice, but they do, soooooo Originally Posted by CJ7
Pretty much an illusion of choice. If you go through the exchange and purchase Health Ins. you'll pay for coverage. If you opt not to purchase Health Ins. you'll pay a fine. Either way you're parting with your money. To some it will still be a choice based on a provision, instead of their cognitive will.
Pretty much an illusion of choice. If you go through the exchange and purchase Health Ins. you'll pay for coverage. If you opt not to purchase Health Ins. you'll pay a fine. Either way you're parting with your money. To some it will still be a choice based on a provision, instead of their cognitive will. Originally Posted by acp5762
When uninsured people get sick, what do they do? They go to the emergency room of their local hospital to get treated. Who pays for their treatment? If Lexus Lover is correct, the hospital sends Uncle Sam an accounting record of the bills for the uninsured that they have treated. You know where Uncle Sam get's it's money from, the taxpayer. The only people I know, that don't believe in doctors are the Amish. When everyone else gets sick they go to the doctor. Bottom line everyone should have health insurance, or agree to never go to the doctor when they get sick. You can't have it both ways. Before Obamacare, in the individual health insurance market, if you had some pre-existing condition(like high blood sugar, high blood fat, allergies, curvature of lower spine) the health insurance company(BCBS,Atena,Humana,etc) would not sell you a policy. This is why we have 40+ million without health insurance.
Obamacare bad website and all, tries to solve a problem.
When uninsured people get sick, what do they do? They go to the emergency room of their local hospital to get treated. Who pays for their treatment? If Lexus Lover is correct, the hospital sends Uncle Sam an accounting record of the bills for the uninsured that they have treated. You know where Uncle Sam get's it's money from, the taxpayer. The only people I know, that don't believe in doctors are the Amish. When everyone else gets sick they go to the doctor. Bottom line everyone should have health insurance, or agree to never go to the doctor when they get sick. You can't have it both ways. Before Obamacare, in the individual health insurance market, if you had some pre-existing condition(like high blood sugar, high blood fat, allergies, curvature of lower spine) the health insurance company(BCBS,Atena,Humana,etc) would not sell you a policy. This is why we have 40+ million without health insurance.
Obamacare bad website and all, tries to solve a problem. Originally Posted by flghtr65
Uninsured people initially get Billed. If the uninsured patient can't pay the services in full they are offered options to help them pay for services. Federal Government is the last resort. Hospitals know some people play the poor mouth so they utilize all avenues before seeking the Government for assistance. I agree, if you can't pay the doctor don't get sick, but that's easier said than done isn't it. Iam certainly not against people having Health Insurance, I've never been without it. Iam not even against Obamacare at least not for it's basic premise to get the uninsured people insured. But I do have some dislikes to other provisions of the Law.
  • CJ7
  • 10-25-2013, 01:32 AM
Pretty much an illusion of choice. If you go through the exchange and purchase Health Ins. you'll pay for coverage. If you opt not to purchase Health Ins. you'll pay a fine. Either way you're parting with your money. To some it will still be a choice based on a provision, instead of their cognitive will. Originally Posted by acp5762

the majority of the new clients will get a subsidy primarily because they cant afford insurance in the first place ..

the people that already have insurance are parting with their money anyway ... they can compare what they have to what they can get and go from there .. ie an option

so your argument about people (forcibly} parting with their $$ is a moot point
When uninsured people get sick, what do they do? They go to the emergency room of their local hospital to get treated. Who pays for their treatment?

There are many people who pay for their own care and meds. They cannot afford the insurance and it is cheaper to pay for their own any way ... hedging the possibility of serious illness or major medical care. Others have just "major medical" coverage for catastrophic events in their lives with a high deductible ($5,000) , and pay for the small stuff out of pocket, including drugs. These "self-insured" people don't get "billed" to anyone

If Lexus Lover is correct, the hospital sends Uncle Sam an accounting record of the bills for the uninsured that they have treated.

I was not suggesting that an "accounting" is automatically sent to "Uncle Sam" ... I was making the statement that the unpaid bills are data stored with the provider, which is relatively easy to "download" and send to any data base for an accumulated total. The data can be sorted with insurance and without insurance. So the information is available.

My other comment IS that if ObaminableCare is to address that issue, then it is a FRAUD on the taxpayers for Government to LIE to the taxpayers and claim the problem is big enough for ObaminableCare when the Government HAS NO IDEA of the amount of $$ it costs the taxpayers to cover those losses to the providers.

You know where Uncle Sam get's it's money from, the taxpayer.

Too bad "Uncle Sam" doesn't act like it.

The only people I know, that don't believe in doctors are the Amish.

There are others.

When everyone else gets sick they go to the doctor.

Bottom line everyone should have health insurance, or agree to never go to the doctor when they get sick. You can't have it both ways.

Wrong. See above.

Before Obamacare, in the individual health insurance market, if you had some pre-existing condition(like high blood sugar, high blood fat, allergies, curvature of lower spine) the health insurance company(BCBS,Atena,Humana,etc) would not sell you a policy. This is why we have 40+ million without health insurance.

Wrong, again. Group policies through employment (and otherwise) covered "pre-existing conditions. That is NOT WHY "40+ MILLION ARE WITHOUT HEALTH INSURANCE. If there are actually 40+ million US TAXPAYERS without insurance.

Obamacare bad website and all, tries to solve a problem

You don't kill a fly in your house (or back porch) with a ......RPG.

. Originally Posted by flghtr65
I had a response or clarification earlier, but it apparently got lost in EccieLALA Land.
Uninsured people initially get Billed. If the uninsured patient can't pay the services in full they are offered options to help them pay for services. Federal Government is the last resort. Hospitals know some people play the poor mouth so they utilize all avenues before seeking the Government for assistance. I agree, if you can't pay the doctor don't get sick, but that's easier said than done isn't it. Iam certainly not against people having Health Insurance, I've never been without it. Iam not even against Obamacare at least not for it's basic premise to get the uninsured people insured. But I do have some dislikes to other provisions of the Law. Originally Posted by acp5762
I am for ObamaCare, as a business owner it makes good sense that everybody in the Country is going to be on some type of Health Insurance Plan.

What I do not like is The President handing out waivers and opt outs to political cronies.

If it's the law, then everybody should be equal under the law, period.
quote me in full or stfu Originally Posted by CJ7
It's a waste of bandwidth to "quote" you in full ...?

Now, again ... "What is "the lie"?

Do we need to get out the Big Chief tablet for you?
He's an addled Medicare recipient who is so old he was eating burgers in AUSTIN when Harry Truman was president. or else he's a fucking liar... Originally Posted by Yssup Rider
I probably ate hamburgers in Austin when Truman was present .. or Ike for sure. That was out at TJ's on South Lamar ... 10 for a $1.00 ....

Since you weren't around in Austin during segregation then you have no clue about which you speak. All bullshit, and anyone who knows the facts and disagrees with your bullshit ...

is a "fucking liar" .. and that's all you have.

So next time you decide to "break bread" with the "real people" at Nau's ENFIELD Drug store fountain ... ask the guy/girl behind the counter why the "ENFIELD" AND REPORT BACK ....

why isn't it ... "Nau's CLARKSVILLE Drug"?????