Favorite Bar

Coyote Ugly San Antonio Texas on the Riverwalk. Originally Posted by TexRich
Yep... that is a good one as is Dick’s in SA on the river walk. Watch out at Dick’s though, it can get wild there.
Wow, great topic. Hard to beat the Soggy Dollar Bar on Jost Van Dyke. Another great one in that part of the world is the Dunes Preserve run by Banky Banks in Anguilla.

Chez George, in Paris. Great dive feel.

Sam's in Tiburron, CA On the deck when it's not too cold.

White Horse Pub, near Parson's Green London. Not a bar, but a great pub.

La Belle Hortense Marais, Paris. Combination wine bar and bookstore. Lots of nice leather chairs. My vision of heaven if I could read French better.

I hate to add a hotel bar to the list, but the bar at the George V in Paris may be worth inclusion. As good a hotel bar as I've had the pleasure to drink in, and I've had a drink in my share and then some.
Sam's in Tiburron, CA On the deck when it's not too cold.
... Originally Posted by TexTushHog
TTH, Sam’s is really, really a great place to be but then all of Tiburon and Mill Valley is cool. When it is ever not too cold in the Bay Area?
[QUOTE=SP Hunter;42586]In the sixties while attending Tulane I worked nights as a bar tender on Burbon Street at a Bar called Ivanhoe, met the Neville Brothers there before they made it big.=Quote]

Roll Wave!

There was a bar called Nick's off of Broad St. that made a drink called Hop, Skip and Go Naked. Bar was in what seemed to be a converted garage. Cash register was overseen by Mrs. Nick, who was ancient. Drink helped me meet a Newcombe girl.
Yaaaaaay! World Cup.

Which team do you cheer for (both club and world cup)?

I'm a fan of Brazil and Arsenal. Originally Posted by NicholetteM
Arsenal Did you say Arsenal Nicholette
Now see this is where the North/South divide comes into play in England.
I'd get SUCH a spankin' as a Northerner if I supported a southern team.
It's all about the Pool for me (Liverpool).

As for the World, call me old faithful...I'm an England supporter.
I have hope for them!! Hell, if the Red Sox can pull off a win after 70 plus years there is hope for England yet. I'm waiting to order my England shirt for the games...can't wait!!

ATL...I'm not demure when I'm watching foootie. I get down and dirty and I believe many people in South Boston and the North end might still remember that from 2006. Let's just leave it at that
Since it's World Cup time in 6 months I need to know where that is
Well, I don't need to know...but I'd really like to know. Please.

C x Originally Posted by Camille
Or... if you just want to see Leeds Utd upset the apple cart one more time vs. Tottenham in the FA Cup!
Or... if you just want to see Leeds Utd upset the apple cart one more time vs. Tottenham in the FA Cup! Originally Posted by Sisyphus
Yes, Leeds (hometown team) are getting back into my good books again.
It has taken me a long time to forgive the management there for the atrocious way they handled certain players behaviour earlier this decade. Those players should have been locked up AND kicked off the team. Period! They lost alot of fans over that. They seem to be cleaning up their act now...and I do cheer for them again. Cautiously.

Anyway...back to the topic...
If anyone is in the UK I know some GREAT bars in the Lakes whether you support footie or not :-)
Yes, Leeds (hometown team) are getting back into my good books again.
It has taken me a long time to forgive the management there for the atrocious way they handled certain players behaviour earlier this decade. Those players should have been locked up AND kicked off the team. Period! They lost alot of fans over that. They seem to be cleaning up their act now...and I do cheer for them again. Cautiously.

Anyway...back to the topic...
If anyone is in the UK I know some GREAT bars in the Lakes whether you support footie or not :-) Originally Posted by Camille
Me barrio est primero!!

I don't disagree. Leeds Utd lost their way for a VERY long time... on & off the pitch. Champions League semis to League 1 in a little over a decade. Hard to figure.... So, I'm gonna blame Peter Risdale & David O'Leary! ;-p
Jupiter's by campus in Berkley. It's been 20 years since I've crawled out of there but the blurry memories...
  • MrGiz
  • 01-13-2010, 12:36 AM
Johnny White's Bar - St Peter St - French Quarter - New Orleans..... still the cheapest drinks in the French Quarter!!

Jockey Pub - Singapore - Working Girl's Pick-Up Spot

Kangaroo Pub - Kowloon, Hong Kong - Australian Pub where just about anything was possible.

Mellow Yellow Coffee Houses - Amsterdam - The way things should be!!

Mama Lou-Lou's - Escravos, Nigeria..... about as nasty as you could possibly imagine!!

??????? - Nagoya, Batam , Indonesia - Strip/Night Club - can't remember the name.... but it's the reason I'm going to Hell!

So many more......

Giz
  • WTF
  • 01-13-2010, 06:05 AM

I hate to add a hotel bar to the list, but the bar at the George V in Paris may be worth inclusion. As good a hotel bar as I've had the pleasure to drink in, and I've had a drink in my share and then some. Originally Posted by TexTushHog
Don't not hate adding that bar. I will second that nomination and might add it stacks up to any bar I have ever been in. The martini's will knock your socks off or as was the case back in Oct. , my dates knickers!

http://www.google.com/search?q=knick...8&oe=utf8&rlz=

Mr Giz, have you been to Help in Rio? I heard they closed it down. Now from sunset to around 2am, sitting outside that bar was one of the finest ass viewing places in the world.
  • MrGiz
  • 01-13-2010, 07:10 AM
.... Mr Giz, have you been to Help in Rio? I heard they closed it down. Now from sunset to around 2am, sitting outside that bar was one of the finest ass viewing places in the world. Originally Posted by WTF
Nope.... haven't been to Rio.... but my South American Favorite would have to be ,

Hotel Del Lago Pool Bar - Maracaibo, Venezuela - Mucho Bonita Ass Watching.... watched Miss Venezuela Pageant Swimsuit Semi-Finals there, once.

Giz
Rick's Cafe in Negril, Jamaica. Great sunsets and swimming/cliff diving.
  • WTF
  • 01-13-2010, 08:19 AM
Rick's Cafe in Negril, Jamaica. Great sunsets and swimming/cliff diving. Originally Posted by perdido
perdido, I've jumped from the cliff at Ricks. It appears we may have had a better experience than some. The reviews are mixed and there is danger in jumping from those cliff's. I was trying to post a pic and ran across these. Beware. I really did not care for Jamaica and have never went back. I did enjoy that sunset though.

http://www.rickscafenegril.com/
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractio...l_Jamaica.html

[

Kangaroo Pub - Kowloon, Hong Kong - Australian Pub where just about anything was possible.

Mellow Yellow Coffee Houses - Amsterdam - The way things should be!!

] Originally Posted by MrGiz
Yep Haven't been to the Kangaroo but the 'm' bar in Hong Kong is killer. Beautiful ladies and views. I had a lady pick me up much like a scene in "The Bucket List". I didn't know she was a pro until we made it to the room and by that time I didn't care.

http://www.mandarinoriental.com/hong..._lounge/m_bar/
Golden Nile in Angeles City, Philippines.