The Cult
Deep Purple
Rainbow
The Kinks
The Clash
Queensryche
Yes Tiger.... I have many of em on my Rock Band play list lol

Or were you ranking 'em?

80's kids of the world unite! Bwaa-hahahaha!
Err.... maybe I should've said "80's teenagers"?
  • Tiger
  • 12-05-2013, 02:41 AM
No rankings, just 80's hair bands I remember seeing. Certainly not the entire list- as the arena bands would have to be there. ie Foreigner, Styx, Journey, The Police, Yes just to name a few.
You saw all of 'em?
Hell.... those are just the ones you remember! Lol

Still -WOW! I wish I had a chance to see all of 'em back in the day. Still with that impressive list, I notice ZZ Top is conspicuously absent. One you forgot? Or rather, not really considered a hair band. But back in the Eliminator and Afterburner days.... surely you saw em....
a huge fan of zztop...can never go wrong with them..neva eva...tiger..all those bands you listed i rocked too..yep...i still do..i am in fact right now..
  • Tiger
  • 12-05-2013, 04:10 PM
Ya, I went to a lot of concerts from '77 thru about '93 that's when the prices just went crazy and the acts became more just singing (or lip sync'n) and dancing rather than playing instruments. (my opinion) It was easier to just buy a CD after that. I haven't been to a concert since 2000 unless you count a small venue (bar). I didn't include the ones that were discussed, though I did see them. ZZ-too.

The bands I didn't get to see any wanted to were the Who and Pink Floyd and I was too young to have seen the Beatles or Doors.

If I get time, someday I'll start a tread ranking ones seen, and not seen. It would be interesting to see others lists.
The bands I didn't get to see any wanted to were the Who and Pink Floyd and I was too young to have seen the Beatles or Doors.

If I get time, someday I'll start a tread ranking ones seen, and not seen. It would be interesting to see others lists. Originally Posted by Tiger
That could be a fun thread...
Be interesting to see everyone's favorite concert ever and why. (I bet there are some interesting stories out there!)

The Beatles. OMG I was too young as well but parents had me well schooled listening to them as a kid. So here's a "plastic guitar" factoid: Holy shit some of the Beatles songs on Rock Band are way more complex than I had ever really thought. Of course maybe they just made the game more difficult than it had to be, but I did learn a new appreciation for their music.
  • MC
  • 12-05-2013, 08:55 PM
According to my parents, I used to rock out to guns and roses when I was little whenever they were on MTV.
  • Tiger
  • 12-05-2013, 09:24 PM
You MTV actually had music on it?? I'm shocked!

(actually, I wish they still did)
How can any women like Axl Rose? He's such a misogynistic ass!
its not like im daten the guy..just down with the music..