Other Hobby Sites

ERAPS.net

Per St. C

Note for the readers: Again, you may discuss competing websites on ECCIE, but there's a place for it, and that place is on this thread. As on any thread, avoid getting too nasty, insulting, etc.....but contrasting opinions, positive and negative remarks are both fine.
Originally Posted by Mac92451
Didn't know that (I don't spend any time in any forums other than TN, AR, STL/E.MO, MS and AL, and didn't see that thread). Many apologies.

Cheers,

bcg
Forget the p reviews. New site, create new reviews.
Well, I'm less than enchanted. Found a home here.
+1

look like they hurried it, too. database counters are off, some private areas still visible to guests (not logged in), pulled reviews restored to public view.
Right on P, the old sites are taken over by time. We need now current reviews.
Amen (formerly known as +1)
it is up and running and is a copy of the old ASPD. I mean copy!!! it has all the old posts on it from ASPD! EXACT COPY!
it is up and running and is a copy of the old ASPD. I mean copy!!! it has all the old posts on it from ASPD! EXACT COPY! Originally Posted by canoodle
Hardly a copy or a clone.

Yes they imported the old ASPD database as of the 30th of December.

They appear to have dumped some of the garbage along the way.

But the Software it is running on is all new as is the equipment.

The flavor and direction of the board will also surely change under new leadership.

A lot of ASPD Mods landed here on Eccie.

So Eccie has a flavor of the way ASPD was over the last few years.... Not the whole taste.... but still a few of the same players in the guiding slots.

ERAPS will chart a different course I believe.

I think the length of time it took to get up and running will surely delay how quickly it will ramp up but that will give them some time to get some of the bugs out of the system.

Very true, "Different ownership." We used to own the database as paid/contributing members, and now "they" own the database, although they won't disclose how they got it. It makes no difference to me anymore, however, as I get all the information on this site, where improvements seem to be taking place daily. Originally Posted by ferdburf
I'm not sure where you got the impression that "we" ever owned anything on ASPD.... Part of the TOS on ASPD as well as most internet discussion sites clearly assigns your rights to what you write to the Board Owner.....

As to how they "got it".... How clueless are you? Owner Passes away and sister ends up with some of her possessions? The mechanics of it are irrelevant to us.

It's there. Use it or don't.
As to how they "got it".... How clueless are you?
It's there. Use it or don't. Originally Posted by Whispers
In answer to your question . . . As clueless as everyone else, since the new owners have verbatim told us, "It's none of your business" (and at the same time openly re-hawking their wares on this and, I assume, other boards
(and no, there's nothing wrong with that - Hopefully I'll save you having to respond to that issue). Yes, even us "clueless" people have a right to express our opinions, I think.

And regarding your conjecture that Owner Passes away and sister ends up with some of her possessions, please clue me in why, when Owner passes away, sister "ends up with" database but not the software with which to access it; if she had, gosh, there could have been some continuity from Owner to sister, then the paying hobbyists wouldn't have had interruption in service and be subjected to requests for "donations" or have to again pay for what they didn't receive when A*PD died.

If I had satisfactory answers to those questions, I might consider re-joining. Absent those answers, however, I don't feel the need to be hoodwinked again.
Since we've been told, "It's none of your business," I just plan to stay far, far away.

And since Angelimnot blasted me as a classless jerk (in this thread, which she later deleted), I doubt I'd be welcome on that board anyway.

My apologies (to the thread-readers, no one in particular) for stating my opinion . . . probably too damn many times.
Cut ferd some slack. He is entitled to his opinions.

He may decide to expand his base if the site does prove to be worth the effort.......otherwise the man is getting laid right here......nothing wrong with feeling comfortable in one spot......that was my attitude on the P for a long time.

Personally, I plan on snuggling right up next to them.........just like here.

That way if someone decides to "fuck" me, I can feel it.
ferd HOW dare YOU have an opinion!

oh yeah this aint AS*P.

nevermind.

p.s. send money
Yeah, I'll just trot back up onto the porch and lick my wounds (and my balls?) hehe
Wait, I just read a review where -- I'll brb.
And regarding your conjecture that Owner Passes away and sister ends up with some of her possessions, please clue me in why, when Owner passes away, sister "ends up with" database but not the software with which to access it;
Originally Posted by ferdburf
I do believe she ended up with the hardware as well as the software and the database.... What I believe from some of the final ASPD posts is that they they lacked the ability to access the online accounts where money flowed and was stored.

I remember making suggestions as well as having those suggestions supported by ownership that you should challenge the CC charge if you paid by credit card and get your money back. Many successfully did that.....

Jade clearly stated they had no access to any of the monies needed to keep the site live.... or to refund any monies to anyone etc...... She supported the idea of everyone tapping their card companies for charge backs.

Clearly continuity of the site was not well thought out in advance by the owner but that's a common issue for many people that pass away.....

Many of us don't want to think about those things.
I do believe she ended up with the hardware as well as the software and the database.... What I believe from some of the final ASPD posts is that they they lacked the ability to access the online accounts where money flowed and was stored. Originally Posted by Whispers
Yes, that's what I recall also. I think we can agree that, sadly, their lack of planning probably caused the family untold inconvenience and resources, since probate is legally defined as the transitioning of assets into fees and commissions (tongue firmly planted in cheek). It wound up costing each member a miniscule amount, in comparison. However, with their history of lack of planning, I would just be hesitant to make the recommendation to anyone to "try again."