WLM Rally To Be Hosted in Sept at Texas A&M

Texas Education Code

Sec. 51.202. RULES AND REGULATIONS. (17653)(1-click HTML)
(a) The governing board of each state institution of higher education, including public junior colleges, may promulgate rules and regulations for the safety and welfare of students, employees, and property, and other rules and regulations it may deem necessary to carry out the provisions of this subchapter and the governance of the institution, providing for the operation and parking of vehicles on the grounds, streets, drives, alleys, and any other institutional property under its control, including but not limited to the following: (17654)

(1) limiting the rate of speed; (17655)

(2) assigning parking spaces and designating parking areas and their use and assessing a charge for parking; (17656)

(3) prohibiting parking as it deems necessary; (17657)

(4) removing vehicles parked in violation of institutional rules and regulations or law at the expense of the violator; and (17658)

(5) instituting a system of registration for vehicle identification, including a reasonable charge. (17659)

(b) Repealed by Acts 2015, 84th Leg., R.S., Ch. 787 , Sec. 5, eff. September 1, 2015. (17660)

Acts 1971, 62nd Leg., p. 3072, ch. 1024, art. 1, Sec. 1, eff. Sept. 1, 1971. (17661)

Amended by: (17662)

Acts 2015, 84th Leg., R.S., Ch. 787 (H.B. 2629), Sec. 1, eff. September 1, 2015. (17663)

Acts 2015, 84th Leg., R.S., Ch. 787 (H.B. 2629), Sec. 5, eff. September 1, 2015. (17664)
Not a "public place"! The streets are regulated by the University!

Little Speedo is lying out his ass! His vehicle is not registered with the University and he can't drive it on University property!
https://www.utsystem.edu/board-of-re...thorized-users

› Board of Regents
› Regents' Rules and Regulations

Rule 80101: Category of Facilities and Authorized Users

Sec. 1 Category of Facility.

The property or buildings, owned or controlled by The University of Texas System are not open for assembly, speech, or other activities as are the public streets, sidewalks, and parks. The responsibility of the Board of Regents to operate and maintain an effective and efficient system of institutions of higher education requires that the time, place, and manner of assembly, speech, and other activities on the grounds and in the buildings of the U. T. System or any of the institutions be regulated. Acting pursuant to the general authority of Texas Education Code, Chapter 65, and the specific authority of Texas Education Code, Chapter 51, the Board adopts and promulgates rules related to the use of buildings and grounds for purposes other than programs and activities related to the role and mission of the U. T. System and the institutions.

Sec. 2 Authorized Users.

No person, organization, group, association, or corporation may use property or buildings owned or controlled by the U. T. System or any of the institutions for any purpose other than in the course of the regular programs or activities related to the role and mission of the U. T. System and the institutions, unless authorized by the Regents' Rules and Regulations. Any authorized use must be conducted in compliance with the provisions of the Regents' Rules and Regulations, the approved rules and regulations of the institution, and applicable federal, State, and local laws and regulations.

Sec. 3 Identification Required.

Pursuant to the authority conferred upon the Board of Regents by Texas Education Code Section 51.209, in order to protect the safety and welfare of students, employees, patients, and other participants in the programs and activities of the U. T. System and the institutions and to protect the property and buildings of the U. T. System and the institutions, it shall be unlawful for any person who is on any property or in a building owned or controlled by the U. T. System or any of the institutions to refuse to identify himself or herself in response to a request by an authorized representative or any peace officer of the U. T. System acting pursuant to authority of Texas law. For purposes of this Section, authorized representative is any member of the Board of Regents, any executive or administrative officer of the U. T. System Administration or U. T. System institutions, public safety officers, and any secondary delegate as determined by the rules promulgated by U. T. System or each institution. A person identifies himself or herself by stating truthfully: (1) his or her name and complete address, as substantiated by a current driver's license or other official documentation; and (2) his or her legitimate business on U. T. System property.

Sec. 4 Refusal to Identify.

Pursuant to Section 51.209 of the Texas Education Code, authorized representatives may refuse to allow individuals who do not identify themselves or who have no legitimate business to enter or remain on U. T. System property and may eject such individuals on their refusal to leave peaceably on request. Students, faculty, or staff who refuse to identify themselves in accordance with this Rule are also subject to disciplinary action.
Doesn't sound like "open to the public" to me!
  • WTF
  • 09-01-2017, 03:23 PM

+ Originally Posted by LexusLover
And you have not shown one university that requires a permit to drive on.

› Board of Regents
Rule 40501: Speech and Assembly

Sec. 1 Time, Place, and Manner.

The freedoms of speech and assembly are basic and essential to intellectual development. However, these activities are subject to the well-established right of colleges and universities to regulate time, place, and manner so that the activities do not intrude upon or interfere with the academic programs and administrative processes of The University of Texas System or any of the institutions. Each institution may designate one or more appropriate areas on the campus where students, faculty, and staff may engage in rallies, group demonstrations, or public oratory without prior administrative approval. All rallies, group demonstrations, and public oratory must be conducted in accordance with the provisions of this Rule and the reasonable and nondiscriminatory rules and regulations of the institution.
Board of Regents
Rule 80109: Parking and Traffic Regulations

Sec. 1 Delegation of Authority.

The Board of Regents delegates to the Chancellor and presidents of the U. T. System institutions the authority to establish parking and traffic regulations at the institutions of the U. T. System and U. T. System Administration. Substantive changes require review and approval by the Office of General Counsel.
Appendix C: Institutional Rules on Student Services and Activities
Chapter 10. Use of University Property, Rooms, and Spaces
Subchapter 10–300. Regulations Applicable to University Property

Sec. 10–301. Identification
a.Any person will identify himself or herself when asked to do so by an institutional representative while on any property or in any building owned or controlled by the University or The University of Texas System. A person identifies himself or herself by: 1.giving his or her name and complete address, substantiated by a current driver’s license, voter registration card, or other official documentation; and,
2.stating truthfully whether he or she is a student or employee of the University or The University of Texas System.

b.An “institutional representative” is any regent, executive officer, administrative officer, attorney, peace officer, or security officer of the University or the University of Texas System.
c.Any person who refuses to identify himself or herself in accordance with Sec. 10–301(a) may be convicted of a misdemeanor as referenced in the Regents’ Rules and Regulations, Rule 80101.
d.Any student, faculty member, or staff member who refuses to identify himself or herself in accordance with Sec. 10–301(a) is subject to University disciplinary action.
Doesn't sound like an open and public facility or campus!!!!

Welcome then. Originally Posted by bamscram

Who knew Retarded Lenny was a fucking Nazi? Lol
  • WTF
  • 09-01-2017, 03:45 PM
Doesn't sound like an open and public facility or campus!!!! Originally Posted by LexusLover
You have not shown one document where it requires a permit to drive on a campus. Not one.
Yet you stated that you had to get one. That everyone has to get one. That is a lie.

We are still waiting for the you admitting you lied part!

I'll finish up this little project on University campuses in Texas not being "public places" in which anyone can just go about the place without any regulation or supervision, so these Little Boys can go find something else to do ... like learn how to piss and stand up at the same time!

So they don't wet their britches when they see a statue!

Little Speedo is lying out his ass! His vehicle is not registered with the University and he can't drive it on University property! Originally Posted by LexusLover
I never said that the U. of Texas did not have the power to impose rules and regulations on their campus. If you say I have said anything like that you are LYING once again.

The FACT is that the U. of Texas, and every other campus I've been on in this country except for the USMA and the USAFA, allows ANYONE to drive onto the campus and to walk around the campus. Again, the important word in the cited rules and regulations is "MAY". The University of Texas does NOT require vehicle registration for driving on campus streets. That is a FACT!!!!

Your statement is WRONG!!

"I've not been on the campus in years, but when I did I was not allowed to drive on the campus without a permit, which is consistent with 99% of the campuses on which I have spent time."
Speedo still flailing!

Been driving on those Austin City streets thinking you were on campus lately?

Is that like living OUTSIDE OF AUSTIN and pretending to "LIVE IN AUSTIN"?

Or is it more like sitting in a drug store OUTSIDE OF CLARKSVILLE thinking your are in CLARKSVILLE?

You do have some "locational" issues in your "thought processes" (using that phrase loosely of course).

Now back to the topic of "University campuses in Texas are "public' and anyone can come as go as they please, not to mention do whatever they please while on the campuses!
Doesn't sound like an open and public facility or campus!!!! Originally Posted by LexusLover
You are not only ignorant, you are stupid too.

We've been through this several times and you are obviously too stupid to understand it. The university has the right to control what goes on on their campus. Section 1 has to do with demonstrations. It has NOTHING to do with a person simply driving on the campus or walking around the campus.

Section 2 says NOTHING about a person driving on campus or walking on campus. Yesterday I, and about 80,000+ other people, walked on the UT campus. Since no one stopped any of us, we must have been using the property as authorized. As with any street, public or private, there are rules associated with using that street. In a quarter of a century of walking and driving on the UT campus, I have not seen any rule or regulation, posted or otherwise, that limits my driving or walking. I checked out one of the kiosks set up on the campus and there were NO restrictions listed for entering the campus other than a speed limit.

Your statement is WRONG!! Feel free to post irrelevant rules and regulations that give the university the RIGHT to restrict access to the campus but which the university chooses not to do..

"I've not been on the campus in years, but when I did I was not allowed to drive on the campus without a permit, which is consistent with 99% of the campuses on which I have spent time."

Speedo still flailing!

Been driving on those Austin City streets thinking you were on campus lately?

Is that like living OUTSIDE OF AUSTIN and pretending to "LIVE IN AUSTIN"?

Or is it more like sitting in a drug store OUTSIDE OF CLARKSVILLE thinking your are in CLARKSVILLE?

You do have some "locational" issues in your "thought processes" (using that phrase loosely of course).

Now back to the topic of "University campuses in Texas are "public' and anyone can come as go as they please, not to mention do whatever they please while on the campuses! Originally Posted by LexusLover
Totally irrelevant post. And yet another lie. I have NEVER pretended that I live in Austin. I did live there for about 13 years and obviously know MUCH more about both Austin and the surrounding areas than a lying, ignorant, redneck, hillbilly.

When is the last time you were on the UT campus? A year? 10 years? Ever? You can cite all the policies you like but that does not change reality. Your statement is wrong!!

When Speedo starts drowning he struggles.
When Speedo starts drowning he struggles. Originally Posted by LexusLover
To whom are you addressing your statements? Your supporters in this thread? Oh, that's right, you have no one who has supported you in this thread. You may choose to denigrate those who have supported my statements, but at least some have chosen to support my contention that your statement is WRONG:

You can continue to deflect and try to change the subject. You can continue to try and cite rules and regulations that universities have an option of imposing on the public yet choose not to do so. The FACT is that you do NOT need a permit to drive on the UT campus, or any other campus I've been on in this country, and if you decide to get out of your car and walk on the campus grounds, you are free to do so.

I am drowning? I have shot down every single statement you have made thus far in this thread. You have not proven one of my statements to be incorrect. Who is drowning?
He's just bubbles in the tub, SpeedRacer. A butt jacuzzi!

I wonder if the piers in Galveston are accessible? LLiarMan needs to give us a shark report. Otherwise, we'll have to trust the mythical "Galveston Tourist Bureau."

... the Tres Amigas are all aboard!!!!